Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate (5547 Views)

8 Ways To Reduce Bounce Rate On Your Website / Four Reason Why Your Websites/blogs Has High Bounce Rate. / Google Analytics: Is A High Bounce Rate Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by Roviarsguide(m): 6:31am On May 25, 2015
source : http://www.roviarsguide.com/website-design/how-to-reduce-your-website-bounce-rate

Are you worried about the number of visitors to your site? Are you looking for ways to make your customers or visitors stay longer?
These questions are important because they determine whether you have a low, medium or high bounce rate on your website.

But what does your website’s bounce rate really mean?

A definition provided by Google, on its website, states: … “The bounce rate is the percentage of visitors that access only one page before leaving the site. Several factors contribute to bounce rate. Example: visitors can get stuck with your web design if it has usability problems. Visitors can also leave your site after viewing one page if they have found their desired information.Therefore, they may not be interested in visiting other pages. ”

You get the picture right? Therefore, in this post, i will give you 5 useful tips to optimize your web browsing, increase customer navigability and reduce the bounce rate of your website!

1.Update the content

If your site has been published for more than 3-5 years , a good strategy is to review the old articles or post, then update of the content and consider even removing the comments present.
Depending on the category a content may expire fast depending on recent trends, so when readers click on the content and realize that is already outdated, they leave the page.
Things can be even worse! Customers may not return to your web thinking it’s not worth reading your content. Do not fret… there are ways to improve your website in this regard:

Update the article’s contents and statistics(if It includes case studies)
Find new ways of writing on topics with a different view from the previous article you are updating.
Describe your observations intelligently
Make your content simple and accessible to visitors

2. Learn to read and understand analytic figures from your site

This tip may even be considered even more important than the first! After all, if you can read and interpret the figures, as you can improve it? To do this we recommend that you familiarize yourself with your bounce rates or the market or niche on which your website thrives, you may even think about changing your website. However, it is important to note that a high or low bounce rate is not necessarily an indicator of success or failure!
3. Adjust your Ad-words campaigns

Often, a high bounce rate can be linked to a Google Ad-words campaign that was created incorrectly. If the campaigns are not 100% relevant and not related to the customer with the exact product or service they are looking for probably, the lowest percentage will be recorded; Even if your company is investing a large sum with Ad-words! So it is best to to choose relevant keywords, accurate and specific terms of your business, product and / or service.
When Google Ad-words campaigns are created they must be correctly specified for a product or market or niche,this increases the ability of your site to acquire relevant visitors who will spend more time surfing and reading your the contents.
4. Write a review of keywords on your website

As time passes, some of the market trends change, and this thereby changes the popularity of the websites that were considered relevant with content and keywords. the keywords that attract visitors to your site Should be taken into account. With this information, your site must be constantly updated including keywords that customers use to reach your site.
5.Create a new design for your homepage

The main task of a website is to show visitors “what they want” and encourage them to interact with the content.
Your website should never be too confusing as this might scare the visitor. You need to find a balance between images, text and graphics, make sure your site navigation follows a logical pattern and is easy to understand. If in doubt about the quality of some version perform an A / B test to show the two versions of your site and compare the results to see which has better public acceptance.
Stay on top of what’s happening in the digital world and track new trends in Internet, so you can always improve your website according to what happens around you. The virtual environment is constantly changing and there will always be ways to improve and optimize your website, increase traffic, conversion rates and revenue and even improved bounce rate!

Did you like this article? please lets hear what you think and Share it!

source : http://www.roviarsguide.com/website-design/how-to-reduce-your-website-bounce-rate

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by oteneaaron(m): 6:44am On May 25, 2015
nice article....and thanks for your well written and useful articles... i'm glad to have found your website.. ..... no kidding.... .

1 Like

Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by jimmy101231(m): 11:31am On Jun 17, 2015
Ok Second to comment for the first time
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by stlarry001(m): 11:34am On Jun 17, 2015
my man

1 Like

Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 17, 2015
thanks for the info

please read...

Dyu know that you can fully monitor your vehicle ,know the location of your vehicle with your phone ,stop your car engine with your phone,listen to conversations happening in car.... And lots more at cheapest rate ever ... Call vince on 0706 751 7237 for more inquiries....
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by daamazing(m): 11:34am On Jun 17, 2015
ABI NA if u qet website wey get traffic
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 17, 2015
Thanx for d info
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by naijainfogalery: 11:37am On Jun 17, 2015
High bounce rate is inevitable if you are new to blogging and if you are getting most of your refferals from search engines, but if you are consistent and efficient it will gradually reduce
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by Mcsammy4u(m): 11:38am On Jun 17, 2015
thanks for this info nice one
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by emmabest2000(m): 11:41am On Jun 17, 2015
Interesting
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by sukkot: 11:42am On Jun 17, 2015
more bounce to the ounce
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by aaamos(m): 11:44am On Jun 17, 2015
H
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by AnneMomoh: 11:48am On Jun 17, 2015
aaamos:
H

House?
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by aaamos(m): 11:48am On Jun 17, 2015
AnneMomoh:

House?
NO HORSE
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 17, 2015
I will comment later in the day........get Exam this afternoon,
Success is mine.....like&share if you're a student.
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by winetapper: 11:59am On Jun 17, 2015
ABJDOT:
O
Orange drugs

1 Share

Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by soldierdollar(m): 12:00pm On Jun 17, 2015
grin
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by phonespecs: 12:01pm On Jun 17, 2015
Following
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by webincomeplus(m): 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2015
Nice post
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by omanifrank(m): 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2015
nice
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
Yes, this post is indeed helpful. A reduced bounce rate shows that users enjoy staying on your website. With this, a higher rank on alexa and even google can be achieve. Thanks OP for this...
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by gabriel74: 12:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
Nice post, can you advice on my blog? it just a site that reviews gadget. take a look http://gadgetreviewsng.com/
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by Roviarsguide(m): 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
gabriel74:
Nice post, can you advice on my blog? it just a site that reviews gadget. take a look http://gadgetreviewsng.com/

Ok bro..lemme take a look..
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by Roviarsguide(m): 3:17pm On Jun 17, 2015
Charleen94:
Yes, this post is indeed helpful. A reduced bounce rate shows that users enjoy staying on your website. With this, a higher rank on alexa and even google can be achieve. Thanks OP for this...

Thanks for reading bro...i'm glad i could help.....expect more helpful tips and tutorials.........from us at www.roviarsguide.com

cool
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:24pm On Jun 17, 2015
cool
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by Roviarsguide(m): 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2015
gabriel74:

Hey bro...nice website....i like your gadget reviews...especially the star wars part.......

BUT....you need to work on your internal links.....try to link your articles together...what do i mean? when you link a phrase or sentence in a post/article to another onn your website...thats internal linking....it helps in Search Engine Optimization...because when Search engine spider bots crawl your website, these internal links keep them crawling through and this keeps your website on the ranking radar of search engine spider bots.......

Also i like the way you added your affiliate links at the end of each post...but make it more attractive...your visitors trust your judgement and they will be willing to hear what you have to say.......also write articles that compel your visitors to buy these gadgets......topic like "3 reasons why you must buy xxxx" it's daring and humans are naturally inquisitive.........

Finally ...your google ads are not loading fine.....try to optimize your pictures so that your website can load faster........there is a plugin on wordpress that you can use to make your website run faster.........

i'll post the tutorial (on that plugin) on Nairaland later this evening.

And try to frequent the Nairaland phone section....go and storm the section with your expertise and people will rush to your website to hear what else you have to say............

To your blogging sucess,
Roviar,
www.Roviarsguide.com
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by ogzille(m): 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2015
Additions:

1. Improve load speed
2. Avoid false marketing headlines
3. Reduce annoying ads and popups
Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by kipesco(m): 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2015
naijainfogalery:
High bounce rate is inevitable if you are new to blogging and if you are getting most of your refferals from search engines, but if you are consistent and efficient it will gradually reduce

You are right. You can't defeat bounce rate until you have created that trust in your site. If people come and can't find what they are looking they go back but with consistent effort, they will soon turn to love your site and visit on daily basis.

1 Like

Re: 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate by Roviarsguide(m): 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2015
stlarry001:
my man

Larry my guy...how far na?...sorry you've not heard from me....my phone went AWOL so,...no whatsapp for now lipsrsealed...but you can catch me on skype.....
call me +2348136035368.....and i'll give you my skype ID....take care bro..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Nigerian Website Owners Allow Their Domains To Expire: Why? / Are Paid Ads Good For Increasing Google Adsense Earnings? / Aptech Accp/bsc. Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.