Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,450 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Does She Has The Authourity To Sell The Car ? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Does She Has The Authourity To Sell The Car ? (930 Views)

We sell the Cheapest Toks and Nigeria Used Cars / EYE POPPING CARS; NAIRALAND AUTOSHOP. PRE-ORDER THE CAR OF YOUR DREAMS FROM USA! / How Much Do They Sell The Land Rover Freelander Jeep In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does She Has The Authourity To Sell The Car ? by oldave: 1:11pm On Feb 13, 2009
I Intend buying a car from a lady.But the car is register in another person's name which she claims is her husband.the problem is that,her husband is not in the country for me to easily confirm this information.My concern is this, how do i know she has the authourity to sell the car? Because i want to avoid a situation whereby after buying the car,and the man comes around and said he did'nt give her permission to sell. Before you know it becomes a police case and all that.So please am seeking your advice on the best way to go about it.All the lawyers in the house i need your opinion.

Thanks.
Re: Does She Has The Authourity To Sell The Car ? by erico2k2(m): 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2009
oldave:

I Intend buying a car from a lady.But the car is register in another person's name which she claims is her husband.the problem is that,her husband is not in the country for me to easily confirm this information.My concern is this, how do i know she has the authority to sell the car? Because i want to avoid a situation whereby after buying the car,and the man comes around and said he didn't give her permission to sell. Before you know it becomes a police case and all that.So please am seeking your advice on the best way to go about it.All the lawyers in the house i need your opinion.

Thanks.
My friend I ain't a lawyer but as of principle only the named owner is authorized to make and sign the change of ownership Docs, even if the Husband rings and says you have his concent, don't fall for it, my advice is, ask the lady in question to do a change of ownership to her name, then you can buy it from her, it takes less than an hour to do it, if she disagrees, carry your money go elsewhere I no fit shout
Re: Does She Has The Authourity To Sell The Car ? by ladoma(m): 11:16am On Feb 17, 2009
im not a lawyer but a law enforcement officer.another easy way out for all, is for the wife to get the husband written consent /authority to sell the products sent to her duly signed by the husband from where-ever he is.she will then sell this car to you ,given you a copy of the consent. The transactions,i advised should be done in the presence of a legal practitioner.thanks. grin
Re: Does She Has The Authourity To Sell The Car ? by adeyemik: 2:21pm On Feb 17, 2009
Bros, d woman get the right to fling the ride, because d ting wey d husband get, na d wife get am as well (two shall become one). But sha, I go tell you say mak you no buy am sam sam at all at all, even if the husband send letter, sign, even put hin picture and dey take the consent give you. if yawa gaz, o boy, nigeria police go take you chop well well. Infact, dey talk say dey steal d car, you com go but stolen car, trust nigeria police. Na only God fit help you, if you not get big stick for your garden.

Bros, the fear of Naija Police na d beginning of wisdom for this kan matter. Remember CRIME FIGHTER.

End of Stori.
Re: Does She Has The Authourity To Sell The Car ? by aduje(m): 3:36pm On Feb 17, 2009
It is not advisable that u buy it. I am not a legal practitioner but you need to do businesses credibly. Letter of consent or telephone call is not enough. If you must buy the car, let the woman process the change of ownership to her name before you buy.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Avalon 2006/7 Limited Edition / 70% Off All Kia Brands. / Car Purchase For Dummies . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.