Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,874 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide (16543 Views)

Apc's Bayelsa Governorship Candidate Timipre Sylva Distributing Alcohol(Video) / Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother / 717 Muslims Killed, 805 Injured During 'Devil Stoning' In Saudi Arabia (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by pegolala(m): 6:02pm On May 25, 2015
Former Special Adviser to erstwhile Governor of Bayelsa State, Timipre Sylva, Chief Richard Kpodo, has accused his former principal of sponsoring the stoning of the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, in 2011.

Youths had hauled stones at Buhari at the Amarata field in Yenagoa, the state capital, when he (Buhari) came for the 2011 presidential campaign on the platform of the Congress for Progressive Change.

Kpodo, who was in charge of security under Sylva, alleged on Monday that the former governor hired the thugs that pelted Buhari with stones.

He claimed he could not stop Sylva from carrying out his plan because he only got to know about the stoning after the incident.

He said shortly after the incident, Sylva accused Buhari of entering the state without observing protocols, stressing that the ex-governor claimed that Buhari failed to inform him of his visit.

Kpodo said his grouse with Sylva was that he betrayed him despite supporting him against a sitting President (Goodluck Jonathan).

Accusing Sylva of double-facedness, Kpodo said the former governor lacked the moral rights to accuse Jonathan of betraying him since he (Sylva) was “a serial betrayer” of his supporters.

He said Sylva inherited an empty treasury from Jonathan but failed to disclose it to members of the public because he was playing “a good boy to the President”.

He said there was no reason for Sylva to be complaining when he failed to do the right thing at the right time.

Kpodo said, “Sylva said he is close to Buhari. Which Buhari is he close to; the one he sent people to stone in 2011? If he had died,would Sylva had said he is close to Buhari?

“Sylva masterminded the plan of stoning Buhari. I can mention names. Why we did not say anything then was because we took oath of office. Sylva has resorted to betray people like us who stood by him when he was fighting the President.

“We were the people who made publications against Mr. President. We came out again to fight for the new PDP. We were fighting the PDP and they declared us wanted. They wanted to assassinate us.

“They even went to my village to arrest my family, that I am trying to incite people against the government; a lot of criminal claims against me. Where was Sylva in all of these? When we succeeded and joined APC, he brought his stooges to destroy the party; he betrayed us.”

He alleged Sylva did not campaign for Buhari and the APC in the state, adding that the lack of visibility of the party in the state led to Buhari’s defeat in Bayelsa in the last general elections.

Efforts to get Sylva to react to the allegations by Kpodo were unsuccessful.

Calls to his mobile phone indicated that it was switched off while a text message to his mobile phone was not responded to as of press time.

http://www.punchng.com/news/sylva-planned-buharis-stoning-in-2011-ex-aide/
Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by Mrco2: 6:06pm On May 25, 2015
Nigerians politicians can never be trusted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by tucky200(m): 6:08pm On May 25, 2015
Land for sale mehn !!!

I need to buy fuel asap !!
Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by doublewisdom: 6:13pm On May 25, 2015
That was then. He has been re- baptised since he joined Apc. He's now known and addressed as ST Timipre!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by AhmedMustapha(m): 6:14pm On May 25, 2015
Just claims without proof

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:15pm On May 25, 2015
u jes dey wake up ba?
thunder fire you...

4 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by DickDastardly(m): 6:16pm On May 25, 2015
grin grin
Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by Beremx(f): 6:17pm On May 25, 2015

He said Sylva inherited an empty
treasury from Jonathan but failed to
disclose it to members of the public
because he was playing “a good boy to
the President”.
Same way Buhari is going to inherit an empty treasury from the same man who looted Bayelsa treasury blind.

Jona why??!!!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by OmoOlomu(m): 6:18pm On May 25, 2015
Now the Goal post have shift. Bygone has become bygone.

1 Like

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by Ojiofor: 6:32pm On May 25, 2015
Sylva is now a progressive.no shaking!
Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by Demdem(m): 6:34pm On May 25, 2015
pegolala:

He said Sylva inherited an empty
treasury from Jonathan but failed to
disclose it to members of the public
because he was playing “a good boy to
the President”.

Empty treasury and yet fool achieved absolutely nothing as governor. I wonder what happened to the billions under the watchful eyes of Jonah-daft.
Indeed, he is cursed.

11 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by ishiamu(m): 6:55pm On May 25, 2015
Beremx:
Same way Buhari is going to inherit an empty treasury from the same man who looted Bayelsa treasury blind.

Jona why??!!!

Are you a big fool?

4 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by Beremx(f): 6:58pm On May 25, 2015
ishiamu:

Am i a big fool?
Yes you are certainly.

19 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by ishiamu(m): 6:59pm On May 25, 2015
Beremx:
Yes I am certainly.

grin cheesy. Now I know

5 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by Beremx(f): 7:00pm On May 25, 2015
ishiamu:

grin cheesy. Now I know
ok good

2 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by fx45(m): 7:01pm On May 25, 2015
AhmedMustapha:
Just claims without proof
U're here already.... Let the games begin!
Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by fx45(m): 7:03pm On May 25, 2015
Beremx:

Jona why??!!!
Mechie onu gi!

2 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by ishiamu(m): 7:03pm On May 25, 2015
Beremx:
ok good

Oni ranu, elenu pelebe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by IVORY2009(m): 7:51pm On May 25, 2015
Demdem:

Empty treasury and yet fool achieved absolutely nothing as governor. I wonder what happened to the billions under the watchful eyes of Jonah-daft.
Indeed, he is cursed.

frm morning till night, o'boy you nor dey tire?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by Demdem(m): 8:20pm On May 25, 2015
IVORY2009:

frm morning till night, o'boy you nor dey tire?

Hypocrite, face topic.

3 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by IVORY2009(m): 8:26pm On May 25, 2015
Demdem:

Hypocrite, face topic.

I'm consign for you bro, dis your case is going out of hand, are you sure you are okay? grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by omenka(m): 8:28pm On May 25, 2015
Beremx:

Jona why??!!!
Jonathan leaves footprints of emptiness, chaos, bloodbath, crime, hate, bankruptcy, and cluelesness wherever he goes. So glad we'd be seeing his back in just a matter of days.

4 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by Beremx(f): 8:30pm On May 25, 2015
omenka:
Jonathan leaves footprints of emptiness, chaos, bloodbath, crime, hate, bankruptcy, and cluelesness wherever he goes. So glad we'd be seeing his back in just a matter of days.
you couldn't have said it better.

4days to go!!!

Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by UnknownT: 8:50pm On May 25, 2015
Wow! How times fly!!! I remember this man, when Sylva was having problems back then, this man was writing editorials on the Nations newspaper. I always looked forward to read it each time momsy comes back from work
Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by jorlons(m): 8:52pm On May 25, 2015
My goodness! It seems Oga Jona has treasury emptying tendencies. Bayelsa treasury - Federal treasury - Where Next ??

International organizations better do a thorough check on him before appointing him to head any leadership position.

Guys have ever wondered why he gave that goat and yam example during his media chat? Was he indirectly calling himself a ..... ?

3 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by ichidodo: 8:55pm On May 25, 2015
APC is filled with tribalists,hypocrites and thieves....We shudder to imagine the perils Buhari is faced with within his own camp.

2 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by Neduzze5(m): 8:56pm On May 25, 2015
Allegations and Counter allegations!.
Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by Ipheyemmy01(m): 8:56pm On May 25, 2015
Thank God for your life.
Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by justhelp(m): 8:56pm On May 25, 2015
f there any one interested I have glo vouchers 500 each I hav just two goes for 400 each, I don't use glo,a female friend sent it to me thinking am using glo for my BB bis reliable person pls
Re: Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide by Emekamex(m): 8:56pm On May 25, 2015
But Buhari's supporters killed hundreds of people in 2011.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Dickson Celebrates Valentine In Bayelsa (Photos) / Jibrin: Two Governors To Save Dogara / No Matter How Much They Recover,we Can Never Be As Poor As Dangote-abacha's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.