Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,867 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. (1576 Views)

Latest FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Retains 42nd Position. / Fifa Latest Ranking Of Players... Messi Misses Top 10 Spot. / FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. by Christino(m): 1:56pm On Sep 14, 2006
Re: Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. by Christino(m): 2:29am On Jan 27, 2007
Nigeria are 8th in the world, the Highest ever (I guess) cheesy
Re: Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. by kitaun(m): 2:58am On Jan 27, 2007
Point of correction sir! We had once been named 5th by FIFA abi na thyphoid!
Re: Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. by justkunmi(m): 3:57am On Jan 27, 2007
8th? wat did we do to be 8th in the world?
no world cup, no friendlies. . .
Re: Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. by kitaun(m): 4:27am On Jan 27, 2007
Lol
Re: Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. by justkunmi(m): 4:30am On Jan 27, 2007
or obj went to see blatter during onr of his tours around the world grin??

kitaun, why u not asleep
Re: Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. by kitaun(m): 4:34am On Jan 27, 2007
Wetin kwonsain u? Am on my boy! Forget FIFA make typhoid no catch u o!
Re: Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. by bluenubian(f): 4:36am On Jan 27, 2007
why are we #8, i dont get it undecided
Re: Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. by justkunmi(m): 4:39am On Jan 27, 2007
same question i asked.
and i'll love to know whose 9th, cool
Re: Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. by Christino(m): 9:57am On Jan 27, 2007
I guess we are 8th cos of the transfer values of Martins, Mikel, Yakubu and co and also for the cummulative goal scoring adventures of Yak, Martins, Kanu, Osaze, Ikechukwu Uche, Ijeh, Ogbuke and so on, abi now grin

@ Kit,

I never knew Fluker Eagles ever climbed up 5th in the world, Kai!
Re: Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. by Christino(m): 10:09am On Jan 27, 2007
@ JK,

1 Brazil
2 Italy
3 Argentina
4 France
5 Germany
6 England
7 The Netherlands
8 Nigeria
9 Portugal
10 Czech Republic

11 Cameroon
12 Spain
13 Ukraine
14 Sweden
15 Croatia
16 Greece
17 Switzerland
18 Côte d'Ivoire
19 Egypt
20 Romania

How the rankings are calculated

Match Result: - Win-Draw-Defeat = 3 points - 1 points – 0 points
Importance of match - 1 (friendly match) to 4 (FIFA World Cup™)
Strength of opponent - Position in world ranking (no. 1 = 2.00, no. 30 = 1.70, no. 118 = 0.82 etc.) Formula: [200 minus Position] / 100
Regional strength - Based on results in last three FIFA World Cups (wins per confederation per match)
Period - Since the change to the FIFA World Ranking procedure which came into effect in August 2006 the rankings will no longer take into account the last eight years of results only the last four years of results.
Last four years, gradual decline in importance of results: 100%- 50% - 30% - 20%
Number of matches considered per year - Average points gained from all matches in last 12 months (minimum: 5 matches)
Re: Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. by sykboi(m): 5:13pm On Jan 27, 2007
Lets give each other a round of applause ist not easy mehn bone that side naija don try mehn for us to be in the top ten we don try seriously
Re: Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. by kitaun(m): 1:27pm On Jan 28, 2007
Chris, forget FIFA jare! BTW do u know we hardly fear more than 5 nations ie Brazil, Germany, Italy, Argentina and Cameroun?
Re: Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. by 4Play(m): 2:34pm On Jan 28, 2007
With the exception of Portugal and Spain,how many of those teams below us are actually better than us
Re: Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. by kitaun(m): 2:45pm On Jan 28, 2007
Exactly my point! Even at that i doubt if we were to play them both i will bat an eyelid, shey na a Pauleta-led Portuguese team i go fear or a free-flowing under-achieving Spanish side?
Re: Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. by justkunmi(m): 6:21pm On Jan 28, 2007
omo na there u go fear,
u no fear prtugal? with deco, pauleta, figo and mad man ronaldo??
Re: Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. by lordimpaq(m): 2:48pm On Jan 29, 2007
we have the capacity to beat any team in the world, if we have the character to do it, we are too full of ourselves, thats just the problem,

another thing i've noticed about the nigerian team is that they neva counter attack, when we have the chance we slow the game down sluggishly, which is so annoying, can't they learn from valencia of old or arsenal,

mean nigerian football needs some sort of rejuvenation,

but frankly we should be like 10th but not behind cameroon shaaa,
Re: Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. by kitaun(m): 3:05pm On Jan 29, 2007
Make i tell u all, we hardly have probs thrashing European teams but S.American teams be wahala 4 us. Wetin be Portugal? I rate Cameroun and Ghana sef pass them!
Re: Fifa's Latest Ranking, Nigeria 8th in the world. by debosky(m): 4:57pm On Jan 30, 2007
with Berti Vogts about to be given the job of coach, hopefully things will change, but I aint holding my breath.

(1) (Reply)

Brazilian Kanu / Glo Unveils Soccer Academy / Cristiano Ronaldo & Iker Casillas Will ‘quit’ Real Madrid This Summer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.