Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,453 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote (1348 Views)

Same Sex Marriage And The Flaw Of Our Argument / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage / Children Of Homosexuals Speak Out AGAINST Same-sex Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by 360naija: 7:11am On May 26, 2015
After an unprecedented showing at the polls on Friday, the Republic of Ireland in a referendum favored a same-sex marriage by popular vote. The official result was unveiled late Saturday where 1,201,607 residents voted in favor while 734,300 voted against it. Such landmark referendum makes the Catholic nation the first country to legalize same-sex marriage by popular vote.

The “yes” vote marks a socio-cultural shift in the country with strong conservative Catholic persuasion, which until 1990, homosexuality was treated as an abomination and a crime.The Prime Minister of Ireland, Enda Kenny, in his remarks on the referendum disclosed that the “yes” vote for same-sex marriage “disclosed who we are–a generous, compassionate, bold and joyful people.”
“In Ireland, we’re known as a nation of story tellers..and today, the people have told quite some story. This is a magical, moving moment,” Deputy Prime Minister Joan Burton said.
Gay and Lesbian couples who have enjoyed somewhat from “civil partnership” since 2010 can now formalize their union in civil marriage. Couples thronged the streets of Dublin in celebratory mood, kissing and soaking in the fresh air offered by the “yes” vote on the referendum.

Speculation leading to the run-up was that the opposition to the vote may have been understated by the media leaving Conservatives hopeful of a favorable outcome. However, when the count began in earnest on Saturday, the outcome was predictable. Out of a total of 43 constituencies, only one failed to pass the vote.
- See more at: http://360naija.com/2015/05/25/the-republic-of-ireland-says-yes-to-same-sex-marriage-through-a-popular-vote/#sthash.Br03YYRY.dpuf

Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by orobs93(m): 7:13am On May 26, 2015
Chai?aluu
Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by Fulaboy(m): 11:15am On May 26, 2015
Yourmain you never tell me this undecided
Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by Nobody: 11:44am On May 26, 2015
Fulaboy:
Yourmain you never tell me this undecided

I've literally told everyone. I apologize :')

Best news :')
Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by Fulaboy(m): 11:49am On May 26, 2015
YourMain:

I've literally told everyone. I apologize :')

Best news :')
lol cheesy you mean that's a good news
Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by RandomAfricanAm: 7:31am On May 27, 2015
OK ........why do you feel this is of any importance here undecided

1 Like

Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by Nobody: 8:07am On May 30, 2015
Fulaboy:
lol cheesy you mean that's a good news

Yeah I love equality and I'm so very happy.
Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by Fulaboy(m): 10:24am On May 30, 2015
YourMain:

Yeah I love equality and I'm so very happy.
oh well undecided I don't even what to say undecided but reconsider this? Don't you think homosexuality is completely barbaric undecided
Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by Nobody: 10:29am On May 30, 2015
Fulaboy:
oh well undecided I don't even what to say undecided but reconsider this? Don't you think homosexuality is completely barbaric undecided

Lol not even a bit. I think it's love. And love has no gender.

No one should be discriminated cause of who they fall in love with.
Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by Fulaboy(m): 10:44am On May 30, 2015
YourMain:

Lol not even a bit. I think it's love. And love has no gender.

No one should be discriminated cause of who they fall in love with.
mmmm but some homos said they were born like that which I think is quite impossible ??7 what can you say about said
Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by Nobody: 10:45am On May 30, 2015
Fulaboy:
mmmm but some homos said they were born like that which I think is quite impossible ??7 what can you say about said

Lol obviously they're born gay. I don't remember making a conscious choice to be straight. Neither do they.
Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by Fulaboy(m): 10:58am On May 30, 2015
YourMain:

Lol obviously they're born gay. I don't remember making a conscious choice to be straight. Neither do they.
No they're not born gay. I believe all men are born straight its latter in their life they choose to be homo. Homos are not born but rather they're made cox homosexuality is totally against nature #myopinion
Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by Nobody: 11:08am On May 30, 2015
Fulaboy:
No they're not born gay. I believe all men are born straight its latter in their life they choose to be homo. Homos are not born but rather they're made cox homosexuality is totally against nature #myopinion

Homosexuality is against nature that's why some animals are gay ?

So tell me, animals choose with their conscious mind to be gay ? Did you choose to be straight ? Why would anyone want to be gay? It's like wanting to be black in slavery times.
Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by Fulaboy(m): 11:13am On May 30, 2015
YourMain:

So tell me, animals choose with their conscious mind to be gay ? Did you choose to be straight ? Why would anyone want to be gay? It's like wanting to be black in slavery times.
well its a free world one man food is another's poison. Everyone is entitle to his or her opinion. Let them live their lives
Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by ladionline: 8:20pm On May 30, 2015
YourMain:

hello peep,

watch out for smooth operators,

do not let them put you off-guard, to be absorbed in their abomination.

This fellow is a man.

Let me tell you a story.

This afternoon, I was walking towards the arena, I took some colon cleansing stuff and I was pressed. I knew how to get to a toilet, but it will be too late. So I saw a shrub somewhere and decide to do bush attack. It was so funny I had to enter "well-well" so as not to put other road users at offense.

Believe me in that bush, I met a young man of my age there, I said O'boy, you have a company, I choose a place that is okay by me and quickly push. I was a bit relieved, then the next thing I saw was from short distance, the guy I saw at the other side began to jerk his manhood.

I know at that moment I am at the wrong place. What! Immediately, I clean up and set to go. My instinct told me that this guy can be dangerous. So if anything, he can suddenly pound on me and defile me. That was what my mind told me.

As I made to step out of the bush, I did not turn my back at him. I was facing him and he was doing the jerk without remorse, I adjust my jeans to the last buckle and the funny guy engage me in a chat:

Guy: See I go watch blue film and the thing con dey worry me"

Me: Okay?

Guy: some people say my prick big, but me i no believe them.

Me: E big, na true.(the guy took a bow at this with humility)

Guy: But e no big reach one boy wey fvck me.

Me: One boy fvck you?

Guy: Yes, (then he gave me this sign tongue)

At that very point I see myself in a strange world, and my mind told me I am chatting with 14 years in prison behind army cantonment.

Immediately, i jumped out of the shrub to the road.

That's how fools are always taken, they will lure you to their game with smooth talks, and at the end, you wont know where you miss your road from the right path.

I wont have comment on this thread, but it was the last I read before the incident, see how the devil operates?

Son, watch your back.
Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 30, 2015
ladionline:

hello peep,

watch out for smooth operators,

do not let them put you off-guard, to be absorbed in their abomination.

This fellow is a man.

Let me tell you a story.

This afternoon, I was walking towards the arena, I took some colon cleansing stuff and I was pressed. I knew how to get to a toilet, but it will be too late. So I saw a shrub somewhere and decide to do bush attack. It was so funny I had to enter "well-well" so as not to put other road users at offense.

Believe me in that bush, I met a young man of my age there, I said O'boy, you have a company, I choose a place that is okay by me and quickly push. I was a bit relieved, then the next thing I saw was from short distance, the guy I saw at the other side began to jerk his manhood.

I know at that moment I am at the wrong place. What! Immediately, I clean up and set to go. My instinct told me that this guy can be dangerous. So if anything, he can suddenly pound on me and defile me. That was what my mind told me.

As I made to step out of the bush, I did not turn my back at him. I was facing him and he was doing the jerk without remorse, I adjust my jeans to the last buckle and the funny guy engage me in a chat:

Guy: See I go watch blue film and the thing con dey worry me"

Me: Okay?

Guy: some people say my prick big, but me i no believe them.

Me: E big, na true.(the guy took a bow at this with humility)

Guy: But e no big reach one boy wey fvck me.

Me: One boy fvck you?

Guy: Yes, (then he gave me this sign tongue)

At that very point I see myself in a strange world, and my mind told me I am chatting with 14 years in prison behind army cantonment.

Immediately, i jumped out of the shrub to the road.

That's how fools are always taken, they will lure you to their game with smooth talks, and at the end, you wont know where you miss your road from the right path.

I wont have comment on this thread, but it was the last I read before the incident, see how the devil operates?

Son, watch your back.

That situation could not have happened with two straight people no
Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by Fulaboy(m): 9:51pm On May 30, 2015
YourMain:

see what I've told you earlierundecided
Smd
Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by ladionline: 10:19pm On May 30, 2015
^^You have a valid point, but you allow mildness, and if I had allowed mildness this afternoon, I will wait to see the guy finish up with his prick and be a friend with him (boyfriend). Then he will coach me all I need to know. He will introduce me to the underground fvcker. Now the saving grace is, I stand for something, I am not too s.ex inclined, I know even animals wont do this. Not everybody have such consciousness at all time, especially when someone else paint mental picture of dirty lust for you.
Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by ladionline: 10:22pm On May 30, 2015
YourMain:

Please read the post, don't twist your own imagination out of sense. I don't seems to understand your infantuation here. Naked man may thrill you, not me. Many times I have shower in all male bathroom as a factory worker in the past, we all bath naked, the only issue is always penis-envy. I have swim in the beach naked, I have done bush attack in the village with my peers naked. I am not afraid or thrilled of another man's unclothedness. I have even caught a babe in a compromised posture in the bush, I refuse to take advantage: I am not an animal, I don't follow animal standards, Animal instinct don't control me. Also, s.ex don't control me, becos I have made love to a beautiful lady, I am always conscious of my acts. I am not a sexaddict. I am a man of noble birth, I am Yoruba, okay?
Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 30, 2015
ladionline:
Please read the post, don't twist your own imagination out of sense. Many times I have shower in all male bathroom as a factory worker in the past, where we all bath naked, I have swim in the beach naked, I have done bush attack in the village with my peers naked. I am not afraid or thrilled of another man's unclothedness. I have even caught a babe in a compromised posture in the bush, I refuse to take advantage: I am not an animal, I don't follow animal standards, Animal instinct don't control me, S.ex don't control me, becos I have made love to a beautiful lady. I am a man of noble birth, I am Yoruba, okay?

Ehm. I'm Yoruba too sort of.

Just cause you're not thrilled by another man's unclothedness doesn't mean other guys shouldn't be too. I understand what happened to you is wrong and disgusting but it's not all gay people that go around harassing guys. Gay people are also of noble birth. Lol it's not that deep. If we were all to hate a whole group of people by the actions of certain individuals in the group then we'd all just hate each other.

Of course I'm not condoning sexual harassment. That's disgusting. But a man who loves a man and he loves him too. There's no problem whatsoever.
Re: The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote by ladionline: 11:31pm On May 30, 2015
When I was a kid, I do ask a lot of questions. In the village, hegoats will swamp on shegoat, kick the shegoat and make all sort of funny mouth-contour after smelling shit. After the shegoat has taken in, another shegoat sometimes do 'mock climbing' and the elders will tell us, 'stone the corrupt shegoat anytime it repeat that' So I asked the elder why? She said 'it would cause the pregnant goat miscarriage'. As a christian, I have come to realise the fact that the elders were trying to shield us off awareness of inordinate affection, and the animal that does that do it as mock sex. We have all done mock sex as kids I think, where you just become exited at something, only to grab your friend from the back and rock your pelvic against their buttocks. This I think is mock sex that animals do too, it has no throes of emotions attached to it. Gay is being initiated to same sex sex. If gay were born, all will be gay. I even have friends that say if I was a woman, they woda marry me cause I'm very patience tongue

(1) (Reply)

Oba Of Igbogbo Ikorodu Is Dead! / I Love All These Hotels In Kenya, Tanzania Aka Tourism Hotels / The Importance Of Saying Thank You In Nigeria Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.