Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,854 members, 7,813,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

My State Of The Century In Nigeria: Katsina State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My State Of The Century In Nigeria: Katsina State (494 Views)

I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi / Buhari Departs Abuja For Daura, Katsina State (photos) / Live: APC Presidential Rally Katsina State! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My State Of The Century In Nigeria: Katsina State by olawalepopoola: 10:47am On May 26, 2015
If I am to nominate any state in Nigeria for the award of the best of the century, I would award it to Katsina state. Many south-southerners and easterners have continually labelled the northerners as the political problem of this nation. Yet this region has produced the best statesmen for Nigeria. Katsina state must be praised and encouraged to nurture good leaders which they are known for. This state has produced three most honest leaders in the history of Nigeria. They are:
1. President Muhammodu Buhari(PMB)(GCFR): This is the only living Nigeria past leader that have not been indicted for any corrupt practices. He fondly called the people's general because of his care for the poor around him. Some may hate him but no western, eastern, southern and even many northerner leaders can be compared to him. Despite of his achievements in petroleum industry and as a former military head of state, his humility is to flaw. This man is the persistent leader Nigeria ever had who believed that "Winners never quits and Quitters never win" which culminated in his election fourth democratically elected president of the fourth republic. GIVE TO HIM OR HATE HIM, he is simply the best.
2. Late President Umaru Musa Yardua (GCFR): He was the best governor amongst his contemporaries when he was the governor of his state. He came into the highest seat of power in Nigeria on May 29, 2007 when he was sworn in as the second democratically elected president of the fourth republic. He was one of the most transparent presidents ever had and loved by all from North to South and East to West. He managed Nigeria during his short stay on the seat such that less crime was committed compared to his successor. Unfortunately,death didn't allow Nigeria this strong kolanut, he snatched and took him away which made the seat go to Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GCFR).
3. Governor Ibrahim Shema: This governor for the past eight developed his state to the envy of other states in Nigeria. He is currently the only state governor in Nigeria that his not passing debt to his successor but a handful reserves. He is the only governors not owing his states workers.
If you agree NAIRALAND BEST STATE AWARD SHOULD GO TO KATSINA STATE
Re: My State Of The Century In Nigeria: Katsina State by Mogidi: 11:06am On May 26, 2015
They've produced two presidents but yet remain the poorest state after Sokoto state, I laugh in Kafanchan.

If not for Jonnyboy they wouldn't boast a university either, their feudal lords would rather maintain the status quo.
Re: My State Of The Century In Nigeria: Katsina State by Nobody: 11:10am On May 26, 2015
Yoloba slave have started unsolicited image laundarying, South Southerners and South Easterners label the polical bla bla bla while South Westerners labels the Gods and Masters.

Keep on you good work

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Arrives Nigeria After 6 Day Trip To The UK (photos) / Why Hasn't Ayo Fayose Dissolve The House Of Assemblies / Senate Passes Sexual Offences Bill, Rapists Get Life Imprisonment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.