Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1046719 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 23, 2015
@ericktac... no be small thing oo. resumption is 31st August, orientation 2 September, why them dey do like this na?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by standupguy(m): 7:41am On Aug 23, 2015
Can a Year diploma and a Year MSc equal the 2 yrs required for the post work study stream??
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hayqinsbFX: 9:25am On Aug 23, 2015
I need answer to this too..
standupguy:
Can a Year diploma and a Year MSc equal the 2 yrs required for the post work study stream??
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hayqinsbFX: 9:27am On Aug 23, 2015
Which province/region has more parttie job opportuunity.

What Australian credential is best to get a job.?

Are there Australian advanced diploma with coop option too?

Pls anyone that has answer to one or all should kindly help.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 11:56am On Aug 23, 2015
They will reply u this week. Have u emailed them? Those ppl dun change oooo. No serious applications again I don't know y they should slow things up.

ukdave:
@ericktac... no be small thing oo. resumption is 31st August, orientation 2 September, why them dey do like this na?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Harmony222(m): 6:26pm On Aug 23, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
I have a bachelors in civil engineering.

I want to do an advanced diplma in civil engineering.

What TAFE schools will help my postgraduate work permit.

*i intend to do masters after the advanced diploma....*
u can do a rigorous search on tafe at regional areas (like tafesa) as i cant determine a specific one for u.
You can apply for a masters few months before the end of ur diploma and a temporary graduate visa after ur masters...
Ntoe; this is just a rough info, let the Msc gurus speak more on it, am more conversant with UG.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Harmony222(m): 6:28pm On Aug 23, 2015
BKings:
Hi Harmonny. Good to see you again.
thanks boss! Am back for good... Hws ur app going?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Harmony222(m): 6:28pm On Aug 23, 2015
BKings:
Hi Harmonny. Good to see you again.
thanks boss! Am back for good... Hws ur app going?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Harmony222(m): 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2015
standupguy:
yes it should if done in a regional area,
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 7:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
I used Kaplan. Bought the CD from one Educational Centre on Sapele Road Benin City.
Donprada:
Please what material did you use to prepare for TOEFL?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hayqinsbFX: 8:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
Okay
Thanks for your reply..

Harmony222:

u can do a rigorous search on tafe at regional areas (like tafesa) as i cant determine a specific one for u.
You can apply for a masters few months before the end of ur diploma and a temporary graduate visa after ur masters...
Ntoe; this is just a rough info, let the Msc gurus speak more on it, am more conversant with UG.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 8:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
I could help u if Dec is not too late.
Zenkel:
Anyone coming to Sydney soon? I need a good Samaritan to help bring my driver's licence.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by gbaskipro: 3:04am On Aug 24, 2015
IELTs reading test techniques pls.. I have no problems with the others, just this one. Any advicevon howvi can tackle it?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by olufunke(m): 6:24am On Aug 24, 2015
****From BossLadyMo****

Hi all! Came across this vacancy at work today. I believe there are some newly-arrived accountants here. This might come in handy. If you have experience in IT and Telecoms sales and management, it will also be perfect for you.

https://careers.telstra.com/Search?keywords=&category=103&worktype=Permanent%20Full%20Time&location=#page=/search/103/561015&filter=*

This is also available in the Brisbane area for anyone with customer service experience...or if you can communicate well in English, and have some IT/Telecoms knowledge https://www.dfp.com.au/call-centre-and-customer-service-jobs/customer-service-consultant/439733

Also, there is active recruitment going on in the my area though, but it is for Technical Support. If anyone knows anyone who knows anyone who might be intereseted.
Regards!

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 7:44am On Aug 24, 2015
Aunty BossladyMo,

We have never missed any1 the way we missed you. Much love to you and your Family, we will keep talking with you here.

olufunke:
****From BossLadyMo****

Hi all! Came across this vacancy at work today. I believe there are some newly-arrived accountants here. This might come in handy. If you have experience in IT and Telecoms sales and management, it will also be perfect for you.

https://careers.telstra.com/Search?keywords=&category=103&worktype=Permanent%20Full%20Time&location=#page=/search/103/561015&filter=*

This is also available in the Brisbane area for anyone with customer service experience...or if you can communicate well in English, and have some IT/Telecoms knowledge https://www.dfp.com.au/call-centre-and-customer-service-jobs/customer-service-consultant/439733

Also, there is active recruitment going on in the my area though, but it is for Technical Support. If anyone knows anyone who knows anyone who might be intereseted.
Regards!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dozie2014: 10:34am On Aug 24, 2015
Hello Friends,

Please am trying to pay for my Engineers Australia assessment fee, i have tried using my dollar Card (mastercard GTB) but not going through, i had to seek for invoice, my challenge now how do i make payment for the said invoice in the bank? please if there is any other means let me know asap.

Kind regards
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dozie2014: 10:50am On Aug 24, 2015
Congrat in advance bro and thanks for the support.
scrollmeout:
Submitted my EOI for subclass 189 this evening. Hoping for the best in the next invitation rounds.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sftt: 10:51am On Aug 24, 2015
Hello gurus in the house,

I would like to apply for PR in Australia am married with 3 kids and a computer science graduate what are the steps involved?

i notice that i can fit into Occupation: 262113 - Systems Administrator perfectly....

awaits your prompt response.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 1:28pm On Aug 24, 2015
dozie2014:
Hello Friends,

Please am trying to pay for my Engineers Australia assessment fee, i have tried using my dollar Card (mastercard GTB) but not going through, i had to seek for invoice, my challenge now how do i make payment for the said invoice in the bank? please if there is any other means let me know asap.

Kind regards

Hi Dozie,

Glad to be of help. I made payment using my naira mastercard from FirstBank. The equivalent sum will be deducted from your account.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by olajiggar(m): 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2015
Pls house, I want to create HAP ID but can't find the link after logging in my immi account. Help!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 3:11pm On Aug 24, 2015
After logging in, under action, click on view application. Then look for "Get health details" or something like that under next step.

olajiggar:
Pls house, I want to create HAP ID but can't find the link after logging in my immi account. Help!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Manweysabi(m): 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2015
Hi all,

Did my online application for VETASSESS two weeks ago... My transcript was sent out today from my school.

How long does VETASSESS take to give outcome of the assessment?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 4:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
Use Zenith or Firstbank Master Card. Invoice na long thing.

dozie2014:
Hello Friends,

Kind regards
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mozo: 5:40pm On Aug 24, 2015
erictack203:

We have never missed any1 the way we missed you. Much love to you and your Family, we will keep talking with you here.

Dude don't blow her cover wink

Make you try code am...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 1:23am On Aug 25, 2015
copied dude. smiley

mozo:

Dude don't blow her cover wink

Make you try code am...

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 25, 2015
Hope u enjoy it here in australia. ...its a lovely place am on the central coast
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 25, 2015
You can use medicare insurance it is less than a thousand au dollars a year.
700usd per year or less
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sftt: 9:33am On Aug 25, 2015
MostBlessed:

Thanks NNBB2012....I really appreciate your response.

hello NNBB2012,

i need your help to get started in the Ausi runs. i intend to relocate with my family i have IT background while my hubby is a geologist.

can you pls advise on how to go about things?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sftt: 10:02am On Aug 25, 2015
omooba2015:

I think,most people here presented ielts, u must have ur passport.... Go through the Australian immigration site, take time to study it, look at the type of visa that suite your package, maybe student visa or Skill workers... Good luck!

kindly post here the Australian immigration site
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pingu2k5(m): 10:10am On Aug 25, 2015
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NUkachukwu: 10:44am On Aug 25, 2015
Great job @ NNBB2012.. Very educative and informing post. As a matter of fact, I was considering coming over to Australia for studies(MBA) but this post, I am beginning to think differently.. Kindly provide me with info on the PR procedure... Thanks a million
NNBB2012:

I like people who speak frankly like you. I have had the cause to stop someone who was about investing his money in Msc route here when he is more than enough qualify for PR. He listened to me and followed the PR process and today he is here in Australia with a job. He is ever grateful that I did that.

If you have mind of studying here in Australia with the hope of staying back, you have to do at least 2yrs minimum Bsc. Your occupation has to be on the list for you to be eligible for Post graduate visa. The truth is , even with the post graduate visa, there is no guarantee that you will get the job that will help you to gain experience so that you can apply for PR. After the expiration of your post graduate visa, you have to leave the country except you jump on another course or you marry a PR/Citizen. And staying 10yrs in Australia does not automatically translate to PR. It is not given based on years of staying. It is either through skilled path, family/spouse route, Business/Investors or Refugee path. No other way please. Even refugees path is not easy these days.

My advise will be, go for PR if you are eligible. And if not, it had better to gain experience overseas than to think you could possibly gain experience here. It is really hard.

A sound of warning to people who might be coming here to study and that want to stay back. Kindly check if your course is accredited. Particularly people that want to study Msc degrees. It is not all courses that are accredited. For example, if you studied Geology in Nigeria without experience and you came here to do Petroleum Engineering thinking that you will be assessed by Engineers Australia, I'm sorry to let you know that it is not accredited. The implication is that your first degree will still be considered and since your first degree is not in Engineering, it won't fly. Generally, accreditation is done at BSc level except where your first degree is not equivalent to First degree in Australia. In that case, your Msc in the same course will be considered. These are bitter truths. I know people who happened to go back after their studies. Think twice before you invest.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FOR ENGINEERS

I have an Australian postgraduate engineering degree, but my undergraduate degree is from overseas. Can I use my postgraduate degree from Australia as the basis for my qualification assessment application?

The assessment is based primarily on your undergraduate degree and your demonstrated competencies. Your postgraduate degree will be taken into account in that it contributes to your engineering competencies. However, a non-accredited Australian postgraduate degree alone will not meet the academic requirement to confer recognition in Australia.
Similarly a non-accredited Australian postgraduate degree on top of an overseas qualification will not provide automatic recognition in a higher occupational category. You will still have to apply for a formal assessment of your combined qualifications.
Only a few Australian post graduate qualifications are fully accredited and would grant eligibility for an assessment under the Accredited Australian Engineering Qualifications Pathway.
Please refer to the list of accredited courses available on our website.
I have limited engineering experience. Can I still apply for an assessment of my qualifications?
Yes, you can still apply. It is possible for you to demonstrate the competencies by referring to your undergraduate professional engineering qualifications and the project/work experience elements of your academic study. Applicants may however find writing the career episodes more challenging without workplace experience from which to evidence the competencies.
Please note that you must provide a certificate copy of an employer reference letter if you have relevant experience of 12 month or more, or if the work experience provides a basis for a Career Episode.
Will you accept the TOEFL, or the Pearsons Test of English (PTE) in lieu of the IELTS
No. For the Migration Skills Assessment with Engineers Australia, you will need to submit an IELTS test result form with a score of 6 in each of the 4 modules. Alternative English Tests will not be accepted.
I have an accredited qualification, but I would rather be assessed in a different discipline than the one on my degree. What can I do?
Under the accredited qualifications pathway, the outcome is given in accordance to the discipline of your degree. If the discipline does not match the content of your degree (for example, Electrical Engineering degrees focusing on Electronics Engineering), then a close analyse of the transcript will determine the appropriate occupation.
If you would rather be assessed in a different discipline, then you can apply via the Competency Demonstration Report pathway. Note however that there is no guarantee that you would be successful in getting the outcome you desire as the qualification has to contain the necessary underpinning knowledge in the discipline you are seeking assessment for.
am applying for migration to or permanent residency in Australia and need to have my engineering qualifications assessed. What do I need to do?
The first step is to read the Migration Skills Assessment Booklet to determine under which pathway you should apply. The booklet and application forms are available from the website

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kunlay11: 6:42pm On Aug 25, 2015
honestpoju:
Good morning Bosslady. My name is Kenny and i am new on this thread. I have been reading post on it and i find out you are quite popular and highly respected. Cool! anyway,i have never traveled out of the country before,but now i am going to be traveling to Aussie sometime in October. I just want to know the dos and dont from airport(PTA,immigration, what to expect at the airport and stuffs i can travel with, etc) here in Nigeria down to Aussie.

Thank you and God bless.

Well, you can bring your clothes and shoes of course lol.. And I mean that because clothes and shoes are quite expensive here especially if you are not financially buoyant yet. As for food, bring garri, ground pepper, ground melon, and most importantly maggi, for whatever reason maggi is kinda expensive here. Check your bags well to ensure you are not carrying anything illegal, and don't leave your bag for anyone to watch for you at the airport while you go to pee or for anything. That's all I can think of, sorry if I'm not of much help. Safe trip!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51