Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,187 members, 7,835,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1052841 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GodWinGodwin: 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
Babahafusaa:
Hello house, I need some advice here plz...I submitted my student visa application class 572 SVP on 27th of Oct with Teleperformance Lagos..the application got to Pretoria on 30th same month/week. But ever since then I haven't received any feedback from the embassy...my commencement date as stated on my ecoe is 1st of December and I indicated 28th of this month as my departure date....i mailed them on Monday and I was replied immediately stating that my application is still under process. Iam yet to do my medicals sef.... also waiting for their directive before doing that...today is 19th my departure date is 28th commencement date 1st of december.....i need advice and opinions pls...what step do you think I can take @ this stage?.....Thanks

You have done everything possible to do.
Now is time to seek God's face.
Get on your knees and pray. Shikena!!!

My simple advice should not be disregarded.
Cheers

Godwin

5 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 7:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
atrapon:
dats d problem brother

@ atrapon plz there will be a great importance if u can tell the house d real reason y d degree certificate is causing d delay
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
sizmokool:
Hello House,

Please I need advice from the gurus here.

My student visa application was recently declined by Pretoria.

I applied to study Civil Eng and got admission and CoE from Deakin. I have a B.eng in Civil Engineering and graduated 7 years ago. Although I have worked in a finance firm all these 6years after graduation, I have done pro-bono jobs with some Engineering firms to stay in touch.

In being denied, these are the reasons my case officer claims:

1. Though I am married and have a child, it is not enough incentive to return .
2. He also says since the economy of Australia is better, he doesn't think I will want to come back.
3. No letter of future employment.
4. Since I have been in a finance firm, doesn't think or see sense in doing a Masters in Civil and Water Engineering) and thinks it pays me more to remain in finance

Please I really want to re-apply and need advice on how to go about it to avoid bad news the 2nd time.

Please Gurus in the house, show me the way, PLEASE

If u had come here for advice or used a good agent b4 applying, you wouldn't have made all the mistakes I can see from your write-up
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 7:57pm On Nov 19, 2015
DrDauda:

If u had come here for advice or used a good agent b4 applying, you wouldn't have made all the mistakes I can see from your write-up

@ Drdauda

we all know that he bleeped up nd he knows dat too. but he doesnt need anyone to blame him now because d deed has been done already.but d gurus here can advice him on the next action. cox for me i even got enlightened with one of d points for his visa refusals. wic was about the job history. because i too hv a job history outside my course of study. so i decided not to go on with it anymore.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 8:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
^^^

@sizmokool & ChetaRay

While I do not agree with the name calling in Bellong's post nor understand the reason behind it (the Visa Officer must have had a reason for the refusal - based on what you wrote, or what you failed to write) Bellong is right in saying that having a different work history from your education doesn't really matter, as long as you can explain it in your SOP and show that you're passionate about whatever course you are going for. Things happen, life happens, plans change, conditions around you influence your decisions, old interests pass away and new ones are born etc

As for what you wrote or did not write - did you emphasize the pro-bono Engineering jobs you did and the passion you have for it? Making you realize you want to do it full-time, hence seeking advanced education in that area so you can be more relevant in the field and in developing Nigeria and yada, yada, yada... you know the yarns wink

Your SOP has to be top-notch - you'll need to convince them on the changes, the reasons behind them and what the future in Nigeria(remember you want to give the impression that you definitely plan to come back) holds for you career-wise in the course you're going for, while relating it to your current education and/or work history/life experiences. Those 5 points they want you to address in the SOP (Question 33) are not there for fancy. Make sure your essay covers all those points and provide as much evidence as you can. Then back it all up with prayers and fasting or whatever else works for you.

Take it from someone whose Bachelor's Degree, work experience and chosen course of study for Master's are in 3 different unrelated fields #EnoughSaid

Hope this helps
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
Aussie4me:
pls house I need a link to generate medical form want to front load my medicals

I gave step-by-step directions on this before. You can go through my posts to locate it.

@All, please let's try and read the thread first before asking questions that have been answered over and over again.

At least read the last 5 - 10 pages if you are too lazy/impatient to start from the beginning. Otherwise, don't be offended when people ignore your posts.

Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by atrapon(m): 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
chetaRay:

@ atrapon plz there will be a great importance if u can tell the house d real reason y d degree certificate is causing d delay
will do dat wen I get home..just out from church
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 8:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
@Babahafusaa

I agree with GodwinGodwin. At this point, you should just be calm and turn to God(or whatever you believe in) and hope for the best. Hopefully, you'll get it tomorrow. Did I hear Amen? grin

I have to ask, why didn't you preload your medicals? It has been said here countless times to do medicals before submitting especially in this type of your case where your resumption is fast approaching undecided It's not a case of jumping the gun, the embassy actually says that you can. This is why researching is important.

Even testimonies of others on this thread who got their visas show most of them preloaded their medicals. Those that didn't preload also stated how long it took before they were told to do medicals and then getting the visa after another long wait. It baffles me that we sometimes choose to cause these delays by ourselves angry lipsrsealed
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by atrapon(m): 8:40pm On Nov 19, 2015
chetaRay:

my brother, u become a suspect whenever you're retrogresing(BSc going for advanced diploma).I have made several findings on applicants' current qualifications and intending qualification and I can tell u that academic progression takes abt 3weeks against retrogression which can be upto 7 weeks.......more to cum
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
@Pristine88

There's no biggie in the timeline you were given by Diamond Bank.

GTBank gave me two weeks but actually processed it in a little over one week.

It depends on how long it takes them to procure Forex.

Just keep in touch with them and request status updates.

Hope this helps
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by atrapon(m): 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
chetaRay:

my brother, u become a suspect whenever you're retrogresing(BSc holder going for advanced diploma).I have made several findings on applicants' current qualifications and intending qualification and I can tell u that academic progression on svp takes abt 3weeks against retrogression which can be upto 7 weeks.......more to cum
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Twostep: 9:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
Good day house, am new on here! Quick inquiry pls..am a second class upper graduate of transport & logistics mgt frm a private uni..finished last year n jst rounded up nysc last month

I wish to apply for Msc in supply chain mgt or related logistics courses in Australia.

- Which skls can i apply to? With very cheap tuition as d ones i saw online cost 3M upwRd??

- what documents do i need to have?

- do i need any english test?

- Can i stl get admission for jan? Or spring (march/may) as i dont wantu be home till next yr sept wasting a whole year

Please i need someone to kindly give me a detailed response! Edumare bless us all

NB: i have tried readn thru d thread but cudnt place hands on anytin as such
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 9:40pm On Nov 19, 2015
Twostep:
Good day house, am new on here! Quick inquiry pls..am a second class upper graduate of transport & logistics mgt frm a private uni..finished last year n jst rounded up nysc last month

I wish to apply for Msc in supply chain mgt or related logistics courses in Australia.

- Which skls can i apply to? With very cheap tuition as d ones i saw online cost 3M upwRd??

- what documents do i need to have?

- do i need any english test?

- Can i stl get admission for jan? Or spring (march/may) as i dont wantu be home till next yr sept wasting a whole year

Please i need someone to kindly give me a detailed response! Edumare bless us all

NB: i have tried readn thru d thread but cudnt place hands on anytin as such

Well, if you really read the thread then you would have found guidelines to answer your own questions.

But in the interest of giving the benefit of doubt :-

What's your long term plan in going to Australia?

A)To study and come back to Nigeria - you're good to go
B)To get PR through the points based skilled migration - have you checked that supply chain & logistics or related skills are listed on SOL/CSOL? If yes, you're good to go. If no, that's where your research begins. (Details, including links, have been posted before)

As for the rest of your questions. You'll have to find a School by yourself, you can't escape the work/research you'll need to do to help yourself. Google is your friend. The recommendation you'll get here(which you should already be aware of, how to go about it and why - if you really read the thread) is to ensure you pick SVP & perhaps a regional School.

Again, if you read the thread, names of several Schools have been mentioned here. All you'll have to do is to look them up. Some people have also posted how much their tuition is for their programs which gives you an idea of cost(Australian Schools ain't cheap).

The School and Course you pick will show you the requirements they need in terms of English test(and minimum scores), cost, resumption time and documents.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sizmokool: 10:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
Thanks 2Posh, chetaRay, DrDauda, Bellong

God bless you guys.

I have learnt my lesson albeit the hard way. Going through my application documents, I guess my SOP was pretty weak as I did not really provide evidence of the pro-bono jobs I did.

I will go ahead and gather all relevant documents and give it another shot.

If it is not too much to ask @2posh, can I contact you for more guidance please?

Thank you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Twostep: 11:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
2posh:

Well, if you really read the thread then you would have found guidelines to answer your own questions.

But in the interest of giving the benefit of doubt :-

What's your long term plan in going to Australia?

A)To study and come back to Nigeria - you're good to go
B)To get PR through the points based skilled migration - have you checked that supply chain & logistics or related skills are listed on SOL/CSOL? If yes, you're good to go. If no, that's where your research begins. (Details, including links, have been posted before)

As for the rest of your questions. You'll have to find a School by yourself, you can't escape the work/research you'll need to do to help yourself. Google is your friend. The recommendation you'll get here(which you should already be aware of, how to go about it and why - if you really read the thread) is to ensure you pick SVP & perhaps a regional School.

Again, if you read the thread, names of several Schools have been mentioned here. All you'll have to do is to look them up. Some people have also posted how much their tuition is for their programs which gives you an idea of cost(Australian Schools ain't cheap).

The School and Course you pick will show you the requirements they need in terms of English test(and minimum scores), cost, resumption time and documents.

Good luck

Gods blessing brother! Am grateful! Il look it up once more and give u an update. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 11:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
2posh,

It was written out of annoyance. Some of them can be very annoying. Although, the guy didn't defend his decision in his SOP, that doesn't give him reason to suggest what is not his interest.

You will understand with time why.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 11:32pm On Nov 19, 2015
@ 2posh

im highly greatful nd happy with the way u help people in this thread. your detailed nd articulated responces goes a long way to help d person in need. im not singing ur praise to be noticed but to appreciate your kindness nd help u render.im showing it cox i too benefitted from ur wealth of experience. nd she just entered into the league of gurus in the house. so feel free asking her anytin cox im sure she will help u

@ fellow e---family members

its good to appreciate sumones help nomata how small. it creates room for u to be helped again if need be. nd anoda important thing is dat. we need to share our experiences weda good or bad , favourable or unfavourable , positive or negative all are experiences. cox it will go a long way to help sumone out dia.

WE WILL BE FAVOURED GENEROUSLY BY GOD IN JESUS NAME.

@chi50 roalesh enyinna godwingodwin nd futuredon i hail una ooo

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Babahafusaa: 11:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
2posh:
@Babahafusaa

I agree with GodwinGodwin. At this point, you should just be calm and turn to God(or whatever you believe in) and hope for the best. Hopefully, you'll get it tomorrow. Did I hear Amen? grin

I have to ask, why didn't you preload your medicals? It has been said here countless times to do medicals before submitting especially in this type of your case where your resumption is fast approaching undecided

Even testimonies of others on this thread who got their visas show most of them preloaded their medicals. Those that didn't preload also stated how long it took before they were told to do medicals and then getting the visa after another long wait. It baffles me that we sometimes choose to cause these delays by ourselves angry lipsrsealed
. Ameeeeeeeeeeeeen!.....I wish and hope I come back here, share Testimony , turn Guruu too and provide helpful informations to help others......big shout out to the well wishers...u guys are Tooo much...appreciate
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sunny4Gold: 12:51am On Nov 20, 2015
malkinburg:

[color=#550000][/color]

What am about to say might not go down well with you. am also an engineer with a first degree in chemical engineering and currently doing masters here in australia. what am about saying is out of love and not as a hater. IF I WERE U I WILL COME TO OZ VIA PR (PERMANENT RESIDENCE) no need to come and waste your money especially when u plan on not being an academic. it will be better to enter and come do a six months internship to have australian work experience before starting to look for work than to come here all in an effort to get post work study after spending thousands of dollars with no access to scholarships like our brothers and sisters in the united states. if u have plenty money or on scholarship its a different case entirely. as for me i never looked at the PR critically until i was over invested in the whole student visa parade. Dont get it wrong coming to do Masters here is noble but i am asking you to do your COST BENEFIT ANALYSIS. truth is after school and ur post work study big ass employers still want u to have PR before they employ u. i have been here three months and 10 days now. in this time i have started my PR waka thanks to all the info i got from the lengends on this forum Bosslady et al. i decided to be proactive and have gone to several recruiters like chandler macloed, Hays and spoken to several other recruitment advisors in this firms. my general strategy was to inform them about my circumstance and ask them for advice on how to integrate myself into the industry after my program. BROS i cant begin to speak the english that i heard. plenty advice "Reasonable and unreasonable" the bottom line was I NEEDED PR ASAP. i have met other nigerians who came here with PR and working professional jobs with only BSC. if i get hold of that PR today all this acada will turn distant learning at my convenience or part time. MORAL OF MY STORY.... PR without work experience is better than masters without paper... so just take your time and come via PR. but if u are not patient enough you can still come ooooh its still waaaaaaay better than being in naija with all this drama and all. just be prepared to work your ass off to foot your bills if you dont have enough support from home.

God bless.
I need your help or advice. My junior brother graduated last year (Bsc Public admin.). Pls what type of visa do you think he can apply for.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by rolaesh: 3:08am On Nov 20, 2015
Guys, let me share my telephone interview transcript with you from IDP on behalf of UOW. Perhaps it might help someone.

The interview was conducted by the school cos am a direct applicant with no agent and as precondition for SVP.

phone rang. ( unknown )

me: hellooo
agent: hello, my name is ------. do you applied to uow
me: yes
agent: which course
me: masters in applied finance
agent: can we continue the interview now or we should reschedule, since it impromptu ( probably hearing sounds of moving vehicles, am actually about to had interview at American embassy )
me: we can continue, it is ok
agent: what your work history
me: i have 6.5 years experience in banking
agent: how will this course help your career
me: my employer has just commence merchant banking and this course will help in positioning me for the energing opportunity not just with my employer but thriving nigerian financial sector has a whole------------
agent: what the status of your employment now
me: i hv being on study leave
agent: any evidence to proof that
me: yeah, yeah ( from my mouth not from my mind
agent: Are u married

:DGuys, let me share my telephone interview transcript with you from IDP on behalf of UOW. Perhaps it might help someone.

The interview was conducted by the school cos am a direct applicant with no agent and as precondition for SVP.

phone rang. ( unknown )

agent: can we continue the interview now or we should reschedule, since it impromptu ( probably hearing sounds of moving vehicles, am actually about to had interview at American embassy )
me: my employer has just commence merchant banking and this course will help in positioning me for the energing opportunity not just with my employer but thriving nigerian financial sector has a whole------------
me: yeah, yeah ( from my mouth not from my mind)
agent: with children
agent : how many with ages
me: 3 children, 7y 5y 3y ( don't laugh at me, i started early. lolz)
agent; who will sponsor your education
me: myself
agent : how much do you have for that
me: --- $, ----#, kindly note i have completed 4 of the 12 courses in the school campus in dubai and already the credit has been earned. ( the figure is overstated but the agent is so impressed with the figure, though not intentional anyway . lolzzz)
agent: that figure will surely be sufficient. do u intend to come with your family.
me: not for now ( though seriously contemplating my spouse following me. just decided to do it one by one snd play safe)

agent: ok. thanks for your time that will be all for now, i willsend you a mail and you should respond with study leave letter and bank statement . so i can conclude on your case within 24 hours .
me : ok thanks. you are welcome.

i just hope this will help someone now or in future. pardon for all errors, its sleeping and typing (3a.m naija time) . it has been a long day. i owe it as obligation to contribute to the forum also.

by the way. the u.s f1 visa granted today. wait
ng for australia to take big decision. same course but i trust gurus will help.me analyse when it time.

thanks

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Triggeredsam: 5:19am On Nov 20, 2015
Babahafusaa:
inbox me. "Dominicoalff@gmail.com.
why don't you share with us about how degree cert is the problem other than to inbox, we might learn too.. we need each other here brothers and sisters embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by TMoni1(m): 5:29am On Nov 20, 2015
youngpboy:
Anyone here coming soon to Adelaide, Australia. Pls email me here
You in Adelaide? How are you doing... hope you've settled in?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Triggeredsam: 5:43am On Nov 20, 2015
Eleooh, I thought MSc finance in uow is svp what again is the boss demanding for financial evidence abi proof.

rolaesh:
Guys, let me share my telephone interview transcript with you from IDP on behalf of UOW. Perhaps it might help someone.

phone rang. ( unknown )

me: yeah, yeah ( from my mouth not from my mind

:DGuys, let me share my telephone interview transcript with you from IDP on behalf of UOW. Perhaps it might help someone.

phone rang. ( unknown )

me: yeah, yeah ( from my mouth not from my mind)
agent: with children
agent : how many with ages
me: 3 children, 7y 5y 3y ( don't laugh at me, i started early. lolz)
agent; who will sponsor your education
me: myself
agent : how much do you have for that
me: --- $, ----#, kindly note i have completed 4 of the 12 courses in the school campus in dubai and already the credit has been earned. ( the figure is overstated but the agent is so impressed with the figure, though not intentional anyway . lolzzz)
agent: that figure will surely be sufficient. do u intend to come with your family.
me: not for now ( though seriously contemplating my spouse following me. just decided to do it one by one snd play safe)

agent: ok. thanks for your time that will be all for now, i willsend you a mail and you should respond with study leave letter and bank statement . so i can conclude on your case within 24 hours .
me : ok thanks. you are welcome.

i just hope this will help someone now or in future. pardon for all errors, its sleeping and typing (3a.m naija time) . it has been a long day. i owe it as obligation to contribute to the forum also.

by the way. the u.s f1 visa granted today. wait
ng for australia to take big decision. same course but i trust gurus will help.me analyse when it time.

thanks

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 5:50am On Nov 20, 2015
sizmokool:
Thanks 2Posh, chetaRay, DrDauda, Bellong

God bless you guys.

I have learnt my lesson albeit the hard way. Going through my application documents, I guess my SOP was pretty weak as I did not really provide evidence of the pro-bono jobs I did.

I will go ahead and gather all relevant documents and give it another shot.

If it is not too much to ask @2posh, can I contact you for more guidance please?

Thank you

Hi sizmokool,

I'm willing to contribute in anyway I can as long as it's not private. I still believe that it's in the best interest of everyone for info to be shared here publicly, so that others can also learn, contribute/correct mistakes - two Heads are better than one.

However, if it's about a personal matter that you'll rather not share publicly such as your SOP, my advice will be that you contact the current Gurus in the house, whom you would know by now if you've read the thread - there's Bellong, FutureDon, NNBB2012, Lawland, Pingu2k5 etc There's also Erictack203 and Laminaria who are/were in the same boat as you.

Hope this helps smiley
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Triggeredsam: 5:52am On Nov 20, 2015
Agents do say downgrading from bsc to advanced diploma after few years experience in the new advanced diploma career lane poses high risk of visa rejection, gurus in the house I need advice more than ever,development years back is not same now, the old threads have relevant information about this but I believe there must be changes regarding this, like some one was saying u have to present financial proof even if your svp, cos Pretoria don't know what is svp, kindly straighten my neck now before I mess things up.. Should I go ahead and pay my fees for the advanced diploma in engineering after I hold a bsc in zoology, with 2years working experience in engineering company after I must have graduated in 2013.... 2posh come to my aid
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 6:00am On Nov 20, 2015
bellong:
2posh,

It was written out of annoyance. Some of them can be very annoying. Although, the guy didn't defend his decision in his SOP, that doesn't give him reason to suggest what is not his interest.

You will understand with time why.

Believe me, I totally understand.

You know we respect you a lot on this thread, so we just don't want anything to tarnish the image/impression we have of you kiss

That type of Case Officer is why I always recommend a healthy dose of fasting and prayers(for those who believe in it) to back up applications - to help avoid such problematic Case Officers.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 6:09am On Nov 20, 2015
chetaRay:
@ 2posh

im highly greatful nd happy with the way u help people in this thread. your detailed nd articulated responces goes a long way to help d person in need. im not singing ur praise to be noticed but to appreciate your kindness nd help u render.im showing it cox i too benefitted from ur wealth of experience. nd she just entered into the league of gurus in the house. so feel free asking her anytin cox im sure she will help u

@ fellow e---family members

its good to appreciate sumones help nomata how small. it creates room for u to be helped again if need be. nd anoda important thing is dat. we need to share our experiences weda good or bad , favourable or unfavourable , positive or negative all are experiences. cox it will go a long way to help sumone out dia.

WE WILL BE FAVOURED GENEROUSLY BY GOD IN JESUS NAME.

@chi50 roalesh enyinna godwingodwin nd futuredon i hail una ooo

Lol, I'm still a learner, but thanks for the shout-out wink

As GodwinGodwin says - God win! grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 6:41am On Nov 20, 2015
Triggeredsam:
Agents do say downgrading from bsc to advanced diploma after few years experience in the new advanced diploma career lane poses high risk of visa rejection, gurus in the house I need advice more than ever,development years back is not same now, the old threads have relevant information about this but I believe there must be changes regarding this, like some one was saying u have to present financial proof even if your svp, cos Pretoria don't know what is svp, kindly straighten my neck now before I mess things up.. Should I go ahead and pay my fees for the advanced diploma in engineering after I hold a bsc in zoology, with 2years working experience in engineering company after I must have graduated in 2013.... 2posh come to my aid

I didn't go through the advanced diploma route so I may not be able to offer much help here.

However, if you were a Visa Officer, does the story you are telling(or about to tell) sound convincing to you? Maybe you should ask a friend to pretend to be your Case Officer then tell your story and find out.

Let's break it down -

You said you have 2years experience in Engineering - If you hold a BSc in Zoology, what are the chances of you actually getting an Engineering job? Engineering is not like Customer Service or Sales/Marketing that anyone can just learn on the job(remember how easy it is to find an Engineer working in a Bank as Customer Service Officer or Teller, but have you seen someone that read English working as an Engineer? While it may be true 'cos this is still Naija, will you actually believe it? Imagine what a Non-Nigerian would say to that)

Again, do you have evidence of the supposed 2years experience you have?

So in a nutshell, if your interest is truly in Engineering, that is not a problem at all, as long as you can explain why after studying Zoology, you were able to get a quality job in Engineering(this is if you really want to emphasize that Engineering work experience ; hard to believe if you do not have an Engineering background - my opinion) and you now want to further your education in that area.

Otherwise, maybe it's an interest you've picked up along the line and your passion for it is growing? Maybe you've had the chance to observe Civil Engineers do their thing?(I'm assuming it was 'Civil' you applied for right?) Maybe you've noticed a lack of quality and properly trained Civil Engineers in Nigeria?(provide research evidence/statistics) Maybe the education and training Civil Engineers receive in Nigeria fall below standard?(provide research evidence/statistics) Maybe you've actually realized you have Civil Engineering skills/tendencies that you need to develop because you've found yourself doing some Civil-Engineering-related work and enjoyed doing it?(give examples and how they came about) Maybe you've seen that your School and Course of choice demands that you have a foundation of Education in Engineering? ...and you've chosen to start at the advanced diploma level to bring you up to speed before you progress to higher levels(I'm not sure but advanced diploma is like a pathway to Master's right? If however, it's a pathway to Bachelor's, then I have to ask why you are not going for Bachelor's directly). These questions(although not exhaustive) would guide my line of thought if I were in your shoes but what do I know? undecided

Hope this helps
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Triggeredsam: 7:27am On Nov 20, 2015
The engineering work I hard is a sort of skill as an apprentice not real job experience and the advanced diploma is mechanical 1.5years I don't have d intention of remaining in Australia (might change my mind) now another issue now is that Pretoria does not observe svp must I summit finicial proof

2posh:

I didn't go through the advanced diploma route so I may not be able to offer much help here.

However, if you were a Visa Officer, does the story you are telling(or about to tell) sound convincing to you? Maybe you should ask a friend to pretend to be your Case Officer then tell your story and find out.

Let's break it down -

You said you have 2years experience in Engineering - If you hold a BSc in Zoology, what are the chances of you actually getting an Engineering job? Engineering is not like Customer Service or Sales/Marketing that anyone can just learn on the job(remember how easy it is to find an Engineer working in a Bank as Customer Service Officer or Teller, but have you seen someone that read English working as an Engineer? While it may be true 'cos this is still Naija, will you actually believe it? Imagine what a Non-Nigerian would say to that)

Again, do you have evidence of the supposed 2years experience you have?

So in a nutshell, if your interest is truly in Engineering, that is not a problem at all, as long as you can explain why after studying Zoology, you were able to get a quality job in Engineering(this is if you really want to emphasize that Engineering work experience ; hard to believe if you do not have an Engineering background - my opinion) and you now want to further your education in that area.

Otherwise, maybe it's an interest you've picked up along the line and your passion for it is growing? Maybe you've had the chance to observe Civil Engineers do their thing?(I'm assuming it was 'Civil' you applied for right?) Maybe you've noticed a lack of quality and properly trained Civil Engineers in Nigeria?(provide research evidence/statistics) Maybe the education and training Civil Engineers receive in Nigeria fall below standard?(provide research evidence/statistics) Maybe you've actually realized you have Civil Engineering skills/tendencies that you need to develop because you've found yourself doing some Civil Engineering work and enjoyed doing it?(give examples and how they came about) Maybe you've seen that your School and Course of choice demands that you have a foundation of Education in Engineering? ...and you've chosen to start at the advanced diploma level to bring you up to speed before you progress to higher levels(I'm not sure but advanced diploma is like a pathway to Master's right? If however, it's a pathway to Bachelor's, then I have to ask why you are not going for Bachelor's directly). These questions would guide my line of thought if I were in your shoes but what do I know? undecided

Hope this helps

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 7:59am On Nov 20, 2015
Triggeredsam:
The engineering work I hard is a sort of skill as an apprentice not real job experience and the advanced diploma is mechanical 1.5years I don't have d intention of remaining in Australia (might change my mind) now another issue now is that Pretoria does not observe svp must I summit finicial proof

Oh ok then. Just replace everywhere I have Civil with Mechanical. The gist is the same

My last paragraph in the previous post already suggests how you can talk about your current interest in Engineering and the apprenticeship.

As for what you said about SVP; I'm not aware of any such changes. When was that effected? The person who mentioned it here said it will start from January 2016 and he said he wasn't sure and had no way to prove it but urged people to apply before then just incase. It was underground info.

I applied under SVP and didn't submit any Bank statement. SVP still applies until confirmed otherwise. However, if you feel more comfortable including a Bank statement, please feel free as some other people also chose to do so but, remember that it may or may not raise further questions on your application.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sizmokool: 8:21am On Nov 20, 2015
Thanks 2posh. It is actually about my SOP. Am still trying to get all necessary documents for re-application. When I am ready Please I will appeal to the gurus to help go through.

Is it true that the Pretoria office closes sometime in December. If that is correct, when?

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (511)

Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.