Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1044242 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Paulfem(m): 6:44pm On Jun 26, 2016
Pls I need someone to give me a step-by-step guide to apply for visa in Australia. The immigration office in Australia has informed me that I am eligible to apply for a work permit. I can only apply through VFS which is in South Africa. Pls what can I do as a Nigerian?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2016
jennykim:
Am greatful to almighty GOD and all ye contributors in the house.MY VISA GRANT LANDED yesterday afternoon.Masters programme,visa subclass svp 573.applied at teleperformance abuja on 24th may 2016,it got to pretoria 30th may,visa granted 24th june.Family of 4 with SOA less than 4million. 6months payslip,appointment lettersfrom both hubby and i.medicals frontloaded.No agent involved.

Congz ma!!! More blessings comng for the rest of us too dis week. Amen
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Teejah80: 7:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
Good afternoon my e-family. Is anyone already in Charles Darwin University (CDU) northern territory, heading towards their soon and i would like to hook up with anyone already their. Kindly PM me.thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nwankz: 8:23pm On Jun 26, 2016
Thank you moseed and alvinkem......I really appreciatey your advise.......I'll check my mai. Often........
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 8:45pm On Jun 26, 2016
nwankz:
Thank you moseed and alvinkem......I really appreciatey your advise.......I'll check my mai. Often........

Uw bra, dats y we hia to hlp one anoda. Bless!.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sexybaykay: 9:07pm On Jun 26, 2016
[quote author=aceBlazer post=46942257]New visa policy or not...there will always be a way... Don't even loose your sleep bro

[/quotethanks for that bro
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 9:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
nwankz:

This is why we always advice you guys to read stuff on your own, someone misinformed you and you lost sleep over it.

The clinic will forward your medical details to DIBP, immigration has your HAP ID already.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by POTUSUK: 10:08pm On Jun 26, 2016
Osamuzi:
how is life for PhD student in australia

Good question. I've been pondering on that myself. I'm headed to UNSW (Petroleum Engineering), where are you headed?

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by paka2016: 11:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
rudyislife:
Good morning people I am new here,I want to make inquiries,I would like to apply for masters in Australia,I want to know if they are schools that accept second class lower(Cgpa 3.46),also I want to know if they would require an application fee ,and if it is also possible to use my cousin accout as sponsor for visa application. Thanks.

I think most schools accept a CGPA of 65% in their scale, You can convert ur's by dividing (3.46/5) then multiply by 100, which means u have about 69% CGPA... You can apply in most schools. i had a similar GPA and got admission in UWA./
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Osamuzi: 11:18pm On Jun 26, 2016
Ok Newcastle
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Osamuzi: 11:19pm On Jun 26, 2016
Newcastle
POTUSUK:

Good question. I've been pondering on that myself. I'm headed to UNSW (Petroleum Engineering), where are you headed?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by rudyislife: 1:34am On Jun 27, 2016
paka2016:

I think most schools accept a CGPA of 65% in their scale, You can convert ur's by dividing (3.46/5) then multiply by 100, which means u have about 69% CGPA... You can apply in most schools. i had a similar GPA and got admission in UWA./
how long did it take to get your admission decision? ??
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nwankz: 1:35am On Jun 27, 2016
Bellong thank you for your concern.....I am greatful. I was thinking oof calling Pretoria today bc s of this. What do U think? Do I stop or go ahead?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bambizzle4k4556: 6:09am On Jun 27, 2016
Plz is there anyone in geelong orr heading to geelong dix july. Kindly holla
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 27, 2016
Mzurch:

goldcoast

Fair enough...best of luck
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JewelStone(f): 7:00am On Jun 27, 2016
Bambizzle4k4556:
Plz is there anyone in geelong orr heading to geelong dix july. Kindly holla

Have you gotten your grant? And when is your start date?

I'm not going to Geelong though.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JewelStone(f): 7:02am On Jun 27, 2016
Happy new week everyone.

Let the grant stories start flowing...mine inclusive!!!

The wait isn't funny grin

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by travelpoint: 8:10am On Jun 27, 2016
jennykim:
Am greatful to almighty GOD and all ye contributors in the house.MY VISA GRANT LANDED yesterday afternoon.Masters programme,visa subclass svp 573.applied at teleperformance abuja on 24th may 2016,it got to pretoria 30th may,visa granted 24th june.Family of 4 with SOA less than 4million. 6months payslip,appointment lettersfrom both hubby and i.medicals frontloaded.No agent involved.
Do u pay your tuition before u applied for the visa
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 8:20am On Jun 27, 2016
JewelStone:
Happy new week everyone.

Amen! Amen!! Amen!!!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 8:23am On Jun 27, 2016
nwankz:
Bellong thank you for your concern.....I am greatful. I was thinking oof calling Pretoria today bc s of this. What do U think? Do I stop or go ahead?

Bros Uve been told nt to loose sleep over dis tyn, if CO nids anytyn Dy will contact u, dnt go complicate tyns by calling dem wen Dy alrdy hv ur medical result which has ur Hap ID included.... I tire o! Over do dy spoil somtyn o
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nwankz: 8:47am On Jun 27, 2016
Alvinken....take am easy naaa. I feel u bro.....U know how the mind works naaa. I've heard sha.I'll wait till I am contacted. Thank you all
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 9:18am On Jun 27, 2016
JewelStone:
Happy new week everyone.

Not funny @ all
Nonetheless, we await Good news this week
You applied from Lagos or Abuja?? An which day is your Orientation
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 10:17am On Jun 27, 2016
nwankz:
Alvinken....take am easy naaa. I feel u bro.....U know how the mind works naaa. I've heard sha.I'll wait till I am contacted. Thank you all

Bros na so nah, if u see wia ur fellow man wan chuk hnd fr fire u f shout so dat e go knw say d tyn no gud... Best f luck bra, we shall sail tru!.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JewelStone(f): 10:36am On Jun 27, 2016
Cottyekundayo:
Not funny @ all
Nonetheless, we await Good news this week
You applied from Lagos or Abuja?? An which day is your Orientation

I applied in Abuja.

My start date is September, and that gets me worried cos they are attending to those with closer start dates.

Someone who applied same date with me in Lagos got her grant last Thursday. People who applied after me have gotten their grants on this thread.

The excitement is gone, I've never waited this long for any visa. It's quite disappointing that DIBP doesn't attend to grants on first come basis like other Embassies and High Commissions.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 10:51am On Jun 27, 2016
JewelStone:

I applied in Abuja.

My start date is September, and that gets me worried cos they are attending to those with closer start dates.

Someone who applied same date with me in Lagos got her grant last Thursday. People who applied after me have gotten their grants on this thread.

The excitement is gone, I've never waited this long for any visa. It's quite disappointing that DIBP doesn't attend to grants on first come basis like other Embassies and High Commissions.
Maybe TLS Abuja doesn't send on time. I have been speculating based on past posts though. I applied on the 14th @ abuja too, and start date is Jul 25, orientation 11th. Strongly hope they work with my start date and gimme grant ASAP.
Your friend that got grant last Thursday , when is her start date?
However, if it's by start date, September is still a long time. Sure you will get your grant after this peak period.. even before commencement of Ssvf
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 10:58am On Jun 27, 2016
JewelStone:

I applied in Abuja.

I undstnd d feeling n I can say it's mutual Bt again rmba, everyone has his/hr own time and season, dnt loose faith irrespective of ur strt date being Sep or pple getting grant bfr u, God's undstndng surpass dat of a common man... Jxt kip praying without season fr dia is notin impossible or too hrd fr God to do, ur grant can come bfr nxt month too.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JewelStone(f): 11:28am On Jun 27, 2016
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JewelStone(f): 11:29am On Jun 27, 2016
AlvinKem:

I undstnd d feeling n I can say it's mutual Bt again rmba, everyone has his/hr own time and season, dnt loose faith irrespective of ur strt date being Sep or pple getting grant bfr u, God's undstndng surpass dat of a common man... Jxt kip praying without season fr dia is notin impossible or too hrd fr God to do, ur grant can come bfr nxt month too.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by exng(m): 12:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
Guys, Kudos to the good work being done here. I am a new entrant to study in Australia and I must say I no nothing about life in Australia or what it entails, however what I do know is that I do not need an agent to process university application and visa as most of the guidelines are covered in various websites including the guidance provided in this honourable thread. I do have questions though and I will go straight to the point.

Can anyone please advice on the process of application?
Does Australia have regions where there are skills shortages and relevant courses which one can study to give one a competitive edge?
Do they run co-op courses which can grant one a work permit or the likes?

FYI am a graduate of a management course BSc.

Many thanks for your assistance.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2016
exng:
Guys, Kudos to the good work being done here. I am a new entrant to study in Australia and I must say I no nothing about life in Australia or what it entails, however what I do know is that I do not need an agent to process university application and visa as most of the guidelines are covered in various websites including the guidance provided in this honourable thread. I do have questions though and I will go straight to the point.

Can anyone please advice on the process of application?
Does Australia have regions where there are skills shortages and relevant courses which one can study to give one a competitive edge?
Do they run co-op courses which can grant one a work permit or the likes?

FYI am a graduate of a management course BSc.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Google CSOL Australia for d list
Also every student grant is a wrk permit so long as ur enrolled full time
Bros Google can answer u more.

Gurus in d house I stnd corrected

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8