Stats: 3,151,394 members, 7,812,158 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1044539 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 9:52am On Aug 24, 2016
omokay80:
The reason I responded that way is that information travels long way and you must try as much as possible to educate intending applicant like me in a better way.I was told here before that a brother can not be a sponsor under the new rule cos I was considering using my bro who is a PR holder here in Aussie. Thanks for your concern.

I got it from a vital source. Australian embassy in the Philippines. I will let you browse the website to make sure it is up to date.
Border.gov.au will hardly disclose all information to you.

Well below is the website for your perusal.

http://philippines.embassy.gov.au/mnla/Student_Visa_Requirements.html

Goodluck mate.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by steamaje: 10:27am On Aug 24, 2016
WestAfrican:

I got it from a vital source. Australian embassy of the Philippines. I will let you browse the website to make sure it is up to date.
Border.gov.au will hardly disclose all information to you.

Well below is the website for your perusal.

http://philippines.embassy.gov.au/mnla/Student_Visa_Requirements.html

Goodluck mate.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Harrypreye: 3:59pm On Aug 24, 2016
Can you email me your no so I can you please. My email addy is chyharry1@yahoo.com. Thanks.

AKUPSME:
Hello
Will be in Brisbane by weekend
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 6:21am On Aug 25, 2016
Oh okay nice we could get to meet sometime
chi50:

northern suburbs
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by guadete: 7:32am On Aug 25, 2016
hello everyone
is there anyway I can I apply for CIT Canberra without the aid of an education agent.....I found one on the site but she said I have to pay one session tuition while it indicates its only first semester tuition.

how long will the fund(sponsor) remain in my account after I hv traveled. ....will it remain there for the entire school year.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mystical10: 8:16am On Aug 25, 2016
Anybody in African populated areas in Sydney or Melbourne keen to house me for 3-4 days holiday. Looking for a place to spend my one week off. A place I can interact with blacks seeing only oyibo people done tire me here abeg.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iriferi(m): 1:38pm On Aug 25, 2016
Is there anyone coming from Abuja to Brisbane?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shoopsy: 12:37am On Aug 26, 2016
Thanks for the info.

WestAfrican:

Is your uncle or anty an australian citizen, permanent residence or New Zealand citizen? If yes is your answer then your Uncle can sponsor you.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shoopsy: 2:05am On Aug 26, 2016
Hi,I have already enrolled for my masters of engineering at WSU Australia and presently awaiting their email for further progress.I have just one inquiry to make; I graduated in 2012 with BSc in Chemical Eng and completed a mandatory country service called NYSC in 2013. I couldn't secure a job in 2014 and in 2015, I own and run a registered freight forwarding company as a source of living. My question is can I include that in my GTE or visa application form that I own and run a freight forwarding company as an answer to the question of gap between or what I've been doing since 2014-present.?

A well explained answer will be appreciated.Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 2:32am On Aug 26, 2016
shoopsy:

Rather than waste thousands of dollars getting a Masters degree, why not apply for PR with your bachelor degree.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 2:47am On Aug 26, 2016
shoopsy:
Hi,I have already enrolled for my masters of engineering at WSU Australia and presently awaiting their email for further progress.I have just one inquiry to make; I graduated in 2012 with BSc in Chemical Eng and completed a mandatory country service called NYSC in 2013. I couldn't secure a job in 2014 and in 2015, I own and run a registered freight forwarding company as a source of living. My question is can I include that in my GTE or visa application form that I own and run a freight forwarding company as an answer to the question of gap between or what I've been doing since 2014-present.?

A well explained answer will be appreciated.Thanks.

The answer is YES. They need to know what you were doing between that period. If you have supporting documents to that, it will help boost your chances.
In the meanwhile, why don't you apply for PR as suggested by bellong? Education is not cheap in Aus. If you have a purpose for wanting to study for masters, go for it otherwise you may want to consider PR first and study later as it will be cheaper that way.
Again australia need engineers and i have a hand full of friends who migrated here via that root.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shoopsy: 2:47am On Aug 26, 2016
bellong:

Rather than waste thousands of dollars getting a Masters degree, why not apply for PR with your bachelor degree.

Thanks for your message bellong. I thought of that too but the issue of not having work experience is a fundamental reason why I think I might not be eligible for the PR thing if I apply with only my BSc and beside it takes months and even over a year without certainty. I know master is very expensive but according to what I researched and correct me if I'm wrong;

1. Masters automatically attracts 15 points for PR on skilled visa.
2. With masters degree, I stand the chance of being granted a post-work study that would give me some experience projected for future PR
3.I'm 29 years old and that is automatic 30 points
4. If could get Ielts of 8.0 each, thats 20 points .

If we add the points i'm already on 65 points which is 5 points more for the required 60 points. And even if I get 7.0 each on Ielts which is 10 points then I will have 55 points which leaves me with 5 points more to go and everything is minus work experience.

Please I stand to be corrected by anyone and kindly share anything you feel I missed.

Thank you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shoopsy: 2:53am On Aug 26, 2016
WestAfrican:

The answer is YES. They need to know what you were doing between that period. If you have supporting documents to that, it will help boost your chances.
In the meanwhile, why don't you apply for PR as suggested by bellong? Education is not cheap in Aus. If you have a purpose for wanting to study for masters, go for it otherwise you may want to consider PR first and study later as it will be cheaper that way.
Again australia need engineers and i have a hand full of friends who migrated here via that root.

Thanks for the wonderful answer. However, I have an agent who told me to apply for PR too via skilled migration but the issue is the work experience part. I applied for several interviews within a period of 2 years but no luck. If I'm to choose these skilled migration thing.. What is the clear cut fundamental thing I need to do or have . To be honest, its not like I have so much money to waste for masters but I don't want to start the skilled thing for months or even almost one and half years and end up being rejected.. It will be devastating oooo.. Kindly shed more light.

Thankss.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 2:54am On Aug 26, 2016
shoopsy:

Thanks for your message bellong. I thought of that too but the issue of not having work experience is a fundamental reason why I think I might not be eligible for the PR thing if I apply with only my BSc and beside it takes months and even over a year without certainty. I know master is very expensive but according to what I researched and correct me if I'm wrong;

1. Masters automatically attracts 15 points for PR on skilled visa.
2. With masters degree, I stand the chance of being granted a post-work study that would give me some experience projected for future PR
3.I'm 29 years old and that is automatic 30 points
4. If could get Ielts of 8.0 each, thats 20 points .

If we add the points i'm already on 65 points which is 5 points more for the required 60 points. And even if I get 7.0 each on Ielts which is 10 points then I will have 55 points which leaves me with 5 points more to go and everything is minus work experience.

Please I stand to be corrected by anyone and kindly share anything you feel I missed.

Thank you.

Have you tried looking for state sponsorship?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shoopsy: 2:56am On Aug 26, 2016
WestAfrican:

Have you tried looking for state sponsorship?

No I haven't. Is it a much easier method compared to the one discussed.? A link/material will be appreciated.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 3:03am On Aug 26, 2016
shoopsy:

No I haven't. Is it a much easier method compared to the one discussed.? A link/material will be appreciated.

Yes you have higher chances of getting your PR if you're nominated or sponsored by a state unless your fail health examination.

Here is a link to Western Australia nomination. You can search for nsw, victoria, South Australia, tasmania and queensland for their sponsoeship too.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shoopsy: 3:08am On Aug 26, 2016
WestAfrican:

Yes you have higher chances of getting your PR if you're nominated or sponsored by a state unless your fail health examination.

Here is a link to Western Australia nomination. You can search for nsw, victoria, South Australia, tasmania and queensland for their sponsoeship too.

Thanks . Will do some thorough research.. any unclear aspects will be brought to your notice.

Thanks once again.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 3:10am On Aug 26, 2016
shoopsy:

Thanks . Will do some thorough research.. any unclear aspects will be brought to your notice.

Thanks once again.

Sorry forgot to include the link smiley

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/services/skilled-migration-wa/how-to-apply-for-state-nomination
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 3:32am On Aug 26, 2016
shoopsy:

Chemical engineering is on the SOL list, you don't need state sponsorship which is sometimes cumbersome.

For Engineers, work experience is not necessary, you can write your CDR using IT, project etc experience.

It doesn't take one year to complete the process. It takes about the same time to process admission.

Read the thread I opened, many engineers with no work experience already gone through.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by rudyislife: 7:19am On Aug 26, 2016
bellong:

Chemical engineering is on the SOL list, you don't need state sponsorship which is sometimes cumbersome.

For Engineers, work experience is not necessary, you can write your CDR using IT, project etc experience.

It doesn't take one year to complete the process. It takes about the same time to process admission.

Read the thread I opened, many engineers with no work experience already gone through.
@bellong please I would need your assistance,can I pm you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 26, 2016
If you are just moving to Melbourne and looking for Aged care college, I think one of the best is the one Preston very close to the city, http://www.agedcare.net.au/ and there is another in Footscray, I can't remember its name.
And for those looking for jobs, menial one and accommodation , join as many as possible groups on facebook i.e search for jobs backpacker in ... wherever you are , also search on facebook share house or share room Melbourne or wherever you are, you network and make contact via this groups , also buy and share Melbourne or wherever you are , very cheap stuff and freebies too, also ride and share . Do the searching on facebook. I am not an agent , just giving out information that may be of help to new guys. Let me add that accommodation is cheaper in suburbs and transport system is not bad.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 9:51am On Aug 26, 2016
rudyislife:
@bellong please I would need your assistance,can I pm you
Yes .. provided it is what I can help you with.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by guadete: 9:52am On Aug 26, 2016
I have a b.tech in project management I would love to knw if I can get a PR, I saw construction project manger listed on SOL....do I have a chance
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 5:47pm On Aug 26, 2016
Please will it be possible to get study visa into Australia ,am 24 yrs of age and I have a bsc (3rd class) what are my chances?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
shoopsy:

Thanks for the wonderful answer. However, I have an agent who told me to apply for PR too via skilled migration but the issue is the work experience part. I applied for several interviews within a period of 2 years but no luck. If I'm to choose these skilled migration thing.. What is the clear cut fundamental thing I need to do or have . To be honest, its not like I have so much money to waste for masters but I don't want to start the skilled thing for months or even almost one and half years and end up being rejected.. It will be devastating oooo.. Kindly shed more light.

Thankss.

A Bachelors degree and a masters degree have the same points which 15
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by rudyislife: 11:05am On Aug 27, 2016
Good morning peeps,I want to ask if I can use a joint account to show proof of Financial funding?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Vivienne01(f): 12:07pm On Aug 27, 2016
guadete:
I have a b.tech in project management I would love to knw if I can get a PR, I saw construction project manger listed on SOL....do I have a chance
I'm with you on this as well. Please can anyone help
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Vivienne01(f): 12:07pm On Aug 27, 2016
guadete:
I'm with you on this as well. Please can anyone help?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 1:38pm On Aug 27, 2016
guadete:

Do you have any experience in construction project management?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by diggy4real: 9:40am On Aug 28, 2016
About registering for IELTS.....anyone know of Any center where speaking and other test is being conducted same day? Pls....this one week interval is not too good for me..cos of my job.....considering Benin and PH....sm1 should help.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by rudyislife: 12:54pm On Aug 28, 2016
diggy4real:
About registering for IELTS.....anyone know of Any center where speaking and other test is being conducted same day? Pls....this one week interval is not too good for me..cos of my job.....considering Benin and PH....sm1 should help.
not sure you can get that oh,you don't get to know the date till you av registered.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Raymondeji(m): 2:37pm On Aug 28, 2016
Just got a mail from my Case Officer to go for my medical school........I guess that's a good thing.......this wait tho

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52