Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,926 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1047487 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pinkygrace(f): 9:28am On Aug 12, 2015
chukky6443:
Hi fellas.
Please I need urgent help. I want to change career path to engineering (starting with an undergraduate study) in Australia, I already have a degree in Biochemistry (UNN). This is what I would love to study after rediscovering myself and having developed a high skill in engineering and technology. The course I studied at school wasnt really what I wanted but family and other issues made accept the offer then, but have never been able to do anything with it since graduation. I dont know if it's too late to go for this now as I am 25 now.
I know this could be a rare case, but I can bare all that is required. Should I rewrite WAEC or take A-Level exam or apply directly with my 7year old WAEC certificate and BSc transcript?
how possible is it for me to get accepted into a school that offers my course of choice and also the possibility of getting a visa approved from the embassy following my condition?
Although I believe that with God all things are possible, but I still need advice.
Please anyone with vast experience should help me out.
Do you want to leave the science line entirely, if not you could try Nursing or There is Masters of pharmacy in some Austrailian universities for people with science background for 2years and you qualify as a Pharmacist at the end , thou quite expensive the cheapest is about 30k per year
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 10:02am On Aug 12, 2015
timikenzo2:

Thanks alot bellong....Do I really need the points test advisory?

How many years of experience do you have?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mozo: 10:19am On Aug 12, 2015
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mozo: 10:21am On Aug 12, 2015
Quick one guys, if your nominated occupation for a state sponsorship like in SA is in low or especially no availability, do you still go ahead with applying for a 190 or just apply for a 489 .. Oshey for the feed back
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by timikenzo2(f): 10:22am On Aug 12, 2015
bellong:

How many years of experience do you have?
Nysc - feb2006 to jan 2007.
Work started in August 2007 till date
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bryanpro(m): 10:39am On Aug 12, 2015
Choi.. If one misses a call from Australia embassy Pretoria SA.. Is there any other remedy?.. I just got out of the bath room and went through my phone now and saw a missed international call ... Pls any help house??
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 10:50am On Aug 12, 2015
timikenzo2:

Nysc - feb2006 to jan 2007.
Work started in August 2007 till date

If the experience is in the same occupation you are claiming, I don't think you need to do it.

The point test advisory is only to advice CO that your experience aligns with chosen occupation for the number of years claimed and it is not binding.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by timikenzo2(f): 11:02am On Aug 12, 2015
bellong:

If the experience is in the same occupation you are claiming, I don't think you need to do it.

The point test advisory is only to advice CO that your experience aligns with chosen occupation for the number of years claimed and it is not binding.

Ok. Thanks.....but same occupation but different positions, does it matter,will the years of experience be affected?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 11:08am On Aug 12, 2015
timikenzo2:

Ok. Thanks.....but same occupation but different positions, does it matter,will the years of experience be affected?
I don't understand what you mean by same occupation but different positions.

In as much as the job functions are in consonant with your chosen occupation, you have nothing to fear or sorry about.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 11:43am On Aug 12, 2015
I have said this before and i am saying it again, if you have submitted a visa application and haven't heard from Pretoria, Send them an email requesting an acknowledgement of your application and they will surely get back to you either with a grant or acknowledgement letter.

They only don't want you to call them on phone. This is what i did and have seen people even in this thread do.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by smile4davo: 12:55pm On Aug 12, 2015
Hey guys, not been here in a while. If there's anyone in Sydney or Melbourne who is interested in a medical kit assembler role with a multinational medical technology company(name withheld) should get resume across to me before cob Aussie time Thursday. I'm not the recruiter o but I will send d cv to HR via d company referral program and u will be called. I Can guide u thru d whole process and Gallup test but I can't influence d HR decision just hope I can help a brother. Please only PR holders o Biko I will update if there's a role that students can fill.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
smile4davo:
Hey guys, not been here in a while. If there's anyone in Sydney or Melbourne who is interested in a medical kit assembler role with a multinational medical technology company(name withheld) should get resume across to me before cob Aussie time Thursday. I'm not the recruiter o but I will send d cv to HR via d company referral program and u will be called. I Can guide u thru d whole process and Gallup test but I can't influence d HR decision just hope I can help a brother. Please only PR holders o Biko I will update if there's a role that students can fill.
Nice one
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2015
The only way is putting it online here on NL, they will read it. That is the way they handles things. VFS is even of better service than TLP, because VFS will send you an sms follow up all through the application, but TLP won't. That's how bad it is.

God will deliver us in this Country my brother.

ukdave:

If this is the way teleperformance handles our applications then their services are questionable. Other countries apply and get e reciept and we are just kept in the dark about a service we have paid for. Is there any way of addressing this issue. Because I called the office twice and they were giving all kinds of excuses. They didn't even know what SVP meant. Nigerians deserve to be treated better. No matter what.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 1:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
Send an email to the general email and copy African Student Hub. Tell them you were doing prayer section with Deacons and Pastors in your church and missed their calls, that they should call you back.

Bryanpro:
Choi.. If one misses a call from Australia embassy Pretoria SA.. Is there any other remedy?.. I just got out of the bath room and went through my phone now and saw a missed international call ... Pls any help house??
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 2:07pm On Aug 12, 2015
Nor forget to tie your CV and SOP for waist once you send that email. Also when sending the email, put all your details at the top. Goodluck.

Bryanpro:
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 12, 2015
erictack203:
Nor forget to tie your CV and SOP for waist once you send that email. Also when sending the email, put all your details at the top. Goodluck.
Bros, I have sent emails to them thrice without any response. I sent the third one today.. abi am I sending to the wrong email (immigration.pretoria@dfat.gov.au). I only asked for a confirmation of receipt of my application. Since TLP can't tell me exactly when they sent it to Pretoria.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 12, 2015
I dey suspect say DIBP dey read wetin we dey write here... who thinks same way?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 2:59pm On Aug 12, 2015
They will revert, immi calls 8:30am to 11:30am, other time are for Visa grants. They wanted to grant your Visa, but they want to clarify some issues first.

Don't send any email again, they want to call you when you don't expect, Bcus it's and interview and they don't want you to be prepared, they want to take u unaware, they will ask you questions from you CV, your SOP, your dependants/parent's/siblings DOB. The calls usually comes b/w 8:30am to 11:30am. Pls prepare, always carry ur fone to the toilet as well as your sop and cv, my own fone is like my wedding ring.

Be patient, they will call you, as long as you have sent them an email stating that you missed their calls, also forward the email to ash.pretoria@dfat.gov.au

Goodluck.

ukdave:

Bros, I have sent emails to them thrice without any response. I sent the third one today.. abi am I sending to the wrong email (immigration.pretoria@dfat.gov.au). I only asked for a confirmation of receipt of my application. Since TLP can't tell me exactly when they sent it to Pretoria.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
They do. Oh yes they do, they also check your fb account, to see whether your claims are proportionate to your personalities.

That's y some info are best answered on pms. So when ppl send pms, ppl should not think that is for personal/secret deals. It's to discuss grey areas concerning Visa application practicalities.

ukdave:
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 3:10pm On Aug 12, 2015
ukdave:
Don't be paranoid... they got no time for this...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 3:12pm On Aug 12, 2015
Sometimes, in my opinion, I mostly advised against contacting immi once applications are with them, it's like opening a Pendora's box.

It's mostly advisable to wait till one is contacted. That's y I stated the if you submit your applicatn to TLP, you should strike out 1week. Make una patient with them.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chukky6443(m): 3:36pm On Aug 12, 2015
Pinkygrace:

Do you want to leave the science line entirely, if not you could try Nursing or There is Masters of pharmacy in some Austrailian universities for people with science background for 2years and you qualify as a Pharmacist at the end , thou quite expensive the cheapest is about 30k per year

Thanks Pinky, I am not leaving science, it's engineering (Petroleum). I wouldn't want to go further in health sciences as I don't feel accomplished or satisfied with it, you know when you are doing what you love to do. I will try some of the schools over there that offer the course. I pray I succeed.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by afahears: 4:43pm On Aug 12, 2015
Good day Everyone,

Trust you are all doing well.

Please i need a quick answer, what will be the total cost for a family of 4 (wife and 2kids + PA) under the 189 stream. Occupation is Internal Audit.

I mean cost of evaluation, VISA, flight and every other associated cost.

Thanks in anticipation of your urgent response.

Regards.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bryanpro(m): 6:45pm On Aug 12, 2015
erictack203:

Thanks bro.. U a life saver!!!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
Bro what u have asked is a question that will be hard to give a precise answer....eg u didn't mention ur assessing body. I will give u a n estimate that is reasonable; For evaluation, 150k, Visa 700k+350k+ 175k+175k, medicals 43500*2 + 20000*2, Police clearance, docs gathering, scanning etc 50k, tickets 400*2 + 200k*2. Do. The addition. You didn't talk about initial accomodate over there,initial upkeep, cost to obtain ur transcript from ur alma mater(s)
afahears:
Good day Everyone,

Trust you are all doing well.

Please i need a quick answer, what will be the total cost for a family of 4 (wife and 2kids + PA) under the 189 stream. Occupation is Internal Audit.

I mean cost of evaluation, VISA, flight and every other associated cost.

Thanks in anticipation of your urgent response.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 8:07pm On Aug 12, 2015
Uwc bro. Goodluck with your grant. Is your application under svp?

Bryanpro:
Thanks bro.. U a life saver!!!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by afahears: 9:22pm On Aug 12, 2015
Thanks Ifexsco

Really do appreciate your response.

please i will appreciate the information that relates to the following that you pointed out (initial accommodate over there,initial upkeep, cost to obtain ur transcript from ur alma mater(s))

Thanks a lot.

Ifexsco:
Bro what u have asked is a question that will be hard to give a precise answer....eg u didn't mention ur assessing body. I will give u a n estimate that is reasonable; For evaluation, 150k, Visa 700k+350k+ 175k+175k, medicals 43500*2 + 20000*2, Police clearance, docs gathering, scanning etc 50k, tickets 400*2 + 200k*2. Do. The addition. You didn't talk about initial accommodate over there,initial upkeep, cost to obtain ur transcript from ur alma mater(s)
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bryanpro(m): 9:34pm On Aug 12, 2015
erictack203:
Uwc bro. Goodluck with your grant. Is your application under svp?

It's Non SVP
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 11:48pm On Aug 12, 2015
NNBB2012:

I'm good, thank you. Just 3yrs,11months and 22days. Any reason for asking?

no nothing reALly ure just very vast in this whole aussy thingy.. 3years is a long time o. do u hv an aussie accent? lol
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 12:26am On Aug 13, 2015
mPop:

no nothing reALly ure just very vast in this whole aussy thingy.. 3years is a long time o. do u hv an aussie accent? lol
All right! Not at all, it is really difficult to pick their accent as an adult but a lot easier for kids that go to primary or secondary schools. Even as an adult, one may find it difficult to understand them initially but after a while one would get used to them. Yes, it is just the interest and the experience.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by izykvision0: 12:55am On Aug 13, 2015
bellong:

I don't understand what you mean by same occupation but different positions.

In as much as the job functions are in consonant with your chosen occupation, you have nothing to fear or sorry about.

VETASSESS now provides a complete assessment, which includes points test advice. You don't need to pay separately. I did mine though with the last regime. And just after mine the rules changed and price went up. And be aware that they deduct 1 yr from your experience now.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by izykvision0: 12:59am On Aug 13, 2015
mozo:
Quick one guys, if your nominated occupation for a state sponsorship like in SA is in low or especially no availability, do you still go ahead with applying for a 190 or just apply for a 489 .. Oshey for the feed back

It means apply NOW, there are few spaces left. It can change to 'not available' in 1 hr, 24hrs, 3days or even a week.

No availability means its filled up with applications,

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.