Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

A Change In The Edu System - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Change In The Edu System (400 Views)

The Edu-guide Consultant : Knowledge is Power / Things You Must Change In Your Life If You Want To Be Rich And Successful / Uniport 2015/2016 POST- UTME SCREENING EXERCISE - Www.uniport.edu.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Change In The Edu System by ade95: 7:31am On May 27, 2015
Woke up on a Monday morning as early as 6.0 A.m,brush my teeth,bath get dressed for school,get to school by 7.30 a.m take lecture from 8-12, 12-1 usually break time,lecture resumes from 1-4pm.upon getting home assignment and chores might probably take your time ,@ nyte u turn it! The above routine would be repeated for 6 years 2ru out secondary school.
The turn out of graduate in Nigeria higher institutions so alarming that every one begins to wonder where or who would employ this graduate.The problem of unemployment as been menace in societies across the world,but every one seemsseems to have solution to this problem,using Nigeria as a case study,enterpreneurship has highlighted as the solution to the problem of unemployment. The question goes thus, is our education system flexible to allow for entrepreneurship or skill acquisition? Every Nigerian household wants their children to acquire formal education irrespective of the level of unemployment,well, formal education is pertinent but alternative must be created.
Well, I want to use this medium to commune with whoever might be at the helms of affair to use his/her office to ensure that apprenticeship (learning of handwork) is embedded in the Nigerian student curriculum. Let take example of a student who has been leaning/taking classes in tailoring from s.s.1,gets to the higher institution, taking tailoring as an elective course from year 1-4 that makes 7 years in tailoring ,you would agree with me the student would have become a sharp sword, one edge of s sword as a degree holder and the other as a fashion designer, this is however not limited to tailoring alone,graphics design,carpentry etc. Some people might wonder, Y dont u learn outside? Answer is not everyone can afford it as d money demanded for handy work dis daiz is as good as ur school fee,but when aligned with d edu sytem, u pay skool fee @ once whilst u also learn.I believe this is the best for the Nigerian student.
I have decided to learn something too as a student, hope my fellow students do! It would surely be tough to combine that is why d above solution was presented to ease off d stress.

(1) (Reply)

Hi / How To Apply For OOU University POST-UTME Exam 2015 / Eksu!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.