Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

What Buhari Should Do Within First Month Of Assumption Of Power: My Advice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Buhari Should Do Within First Month Of Assumption Of Power: My Advice (391 Views)

I Don’t Know What Buhari Should Do, I’ve Stopped Advising People –pat Utomi / Ministerial List: What Buhari Did That Shocked Tinubu, Osinbajo – New Telegraph / 5 Major Steps Pres. Buhari Has Taken Since Assumption Of Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Buhari Should Do Within First Month Of Assumption Of Power: My Advice by makzeze: 8:38am On May 27, 2015
If I were Buhari, I'll employ an emergency
task within my 1st week in office, when I
will:
1. Not remove the so-called fuel subsidy,
because like him, I don't believe there is even a
subsidy in the first place. I will sack the entire
management of NNPC, PEF and PPPRA, and
revoke all oil import contracts except those
signed with the oil majors.

2. Negotiate a contract with the majors (Total,
Mobil, Shell, etc) to supply Nigeria's daily needs
of refined petroleum products from their
overseas refineries, in exchange for Nigeria's
crude at a reasonable profit margin.

3. Hire a foreign and a local audit firm to
independently audit NNPC, PEF and PPPRA
accounts from May 2007 to May 2015.

4. Replace the heads of DSS, EFCC and ICPC,
and charge the new heads with concluding the
trials of fuel subsidy thieves within 6 months.
They will also scrutinize the bank accounts and
assets of Federal High Court, Appeal Court and
Supreme Court Judges, as well as management
staff of all "lucrative" agencies, such as the
Nigerian Customs, NPA, etc.

5. Judges and officers who can't explain their
wealth will be investigated further, and if found
corrupt, will lose their jobs and face prosecution.

6. Revisit the cases of Abdulrasheed Maina and John Yusuf, and trace the whereabouts of the
225 billion naira pension funds looted by these two and their accomplices.

7. Trace and recover at least a third of the 2.3
trillion naira subsidy scam perpetrated in 2011 with a trillion naira already recovered, the FGN needs not borrow again to
pay workers' salaries.

8. Raise another 2 trillion naira by the end of
the year by selling 8 of the 11 aircraft in the presidential fleet, selling some of Nigeria's
lucrative oil blocks to the oil majors, and blocking wastages, such as import waivers, Aso
Villa and National Assembly overhead costs, etc.

9. Inject 1.5 trillion of that amount into the power sector by building 2-3 coal-powered
stations per geopolitical zone, with a long term view of decentralizing power supply. The other
500 billion naira will be used to reactivate all 4 refineries to 110% capacity. If as head of Warri
refinery you can't meet that target, you have no business being in my government. After audit,
break NNPC into four separate entities (as already promised) and scrap PPPRA and PEF.

10. Replace the NSA, IGP and all defence chiefs, and constitute panels to investigate their
activities from 2010, especially regarding military and police budgets and the Boko Haram
insurgency. All the panels must air proceedings on live TV, and those found culpable will face prosecution.

11. I will then get down to the business of running Nigeria, which of course, will include a
new law on child abuse (to prosecute parents of almajiri children), an enforcement of PHCN sale
agreements (which stipulated DISCOS will makesubstantial investments in the power sector), etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Should Do Within First Month Of Assumption Of Power: My Advice by bakila: 8:48am On May 27, 2015
This can also be done quietly
Re: What Buhari Should Do Within First Month Of Assumption Of Power: My Advice by Jboyossai(m): 8:51am On May 27, 2015
Oboy!! See as you just the call money like say na ordinary paper....
Re: What Buhari Should Do Within First Month Of Assumption Of Power: My Advice by hakunamatata1: 9:17am On May 27, 2015
@ op. i cant agree more. on point!

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole’s Baseless Diatribe Against Okonjo-iweala / U.S. Secretary Of State John Kerry, Bicycle Accident! / Protect Our Interests, Minority Shareholders Tell Gwarzo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.