Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,590 members, 7,958,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:42 AM

Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes (38637 Views)

Apc's Bayelsa Governorship Candidate Timipre Sylva Distributing Alcohol(Video) / Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother / Aisha Buhari’s Inauguration Wristwatch Cost £34,500 (N10, 453,000)-BreakingTimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Mogidi: 9:49am On May 27, 2015
By Yemi Adebowale

Popular lawyer, Festus Keyamo, has withdrawn as prosecuting counsel in a corruption case between the Federal government and former Governor Timipre Sylva of Bayelsa State.

Mr. Keyamo said he was stepping down as the lead prosecutor for the case instituted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, due to recent developments which could hinder him from prosecuting the case effectively and vigorous.

He did not give details of the developments.

“Kindly recall that sometime in 2012, the Commission briefed my Chambers to prosecute Charge No. FHC/ABJ/CR/23/2012; Between: The Federal Republic Of Nigeria V. Timipre Sylva, he wrote in a letter to the EFCC.

“Since then, we have diligently prosecuted the Charge and successfully opposed the bid of the accused person to quash the Charge in limine. The court ruled in our favour for the trial to commence and the Court of Appeal also refused to stay proceedings in the trial.

“However, certain recent developments (in respect of which I would prefer not to elaborate) have necessitated my decision to withdraw from further prosecution of the said Charge. This is because these recent developments may hamper my effective, efficient and vigorous prosecution of the Charge, duties that are expected of every prosecutor” Keyamo said in the letter made available to journalists.

However, an inside source in the All Progressives Congress (APC) who spoke to BREAKING TIMES on condition of anonymity disclosed that the President-Elect, Muhammadu Buhari it was who ordered Keyamo to stay off the case as part of attempts to kill the case for Timipre Sylva who is the Chairman of the Buhari May 29 Transition Committee. Keyamo, a strong supporter of the Buhari presidential campaign is believed to have the ears of the incoming President on legal matters. According to our source, with Keyamo’s involvement in the case as prosecuting counsel, Timipre Sylva would not escape conviction. “Timipre actually begged the President-Elect to soften the grounds for him as his possible conviction would do more damage that Buhari will not recover from”, the source said.

The trial of Timipre Sylva had been fixed for Monday.

Mr. Sylva was docked alongside his co-accused in July 2014 for allegedly using three companies to siphon funds from Bayelsa state treasury between 2009 and 2012.

The companies are Marlin Maritime Limited, Eat Catering Services Limited, and Haloween-Blue Construction and Logistics Limited.

http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/corruption-buhari-orders-keyamo-to-step-down-from-prosecuting-timipre-sylva/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Mogidi: 9:50am On May 27, 2015
However, an inside source in the All Progressives Congress (APC) who spoke to BREAKING TIMES on condition of anonymity disclosed that the President-Elect, Muhammadu Buhari it was who ordered Keyamo to stay off the case as part of attempts to kill the case for Timipre Sylva who is the Chairman of the Buhari May 29 Transition Committee.

Buhari would fight his enemies not corruption, quote me any day.

189 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Nobody: 9:50am On May 27, 2015
hmmm

and he left Amaechi ranting and calling his superior Wike names

wonderful

spits on thread

cleans nose with op's name

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Mogidi: 9:52am On May 27, 2015
Mr Anti corruption ke?

67 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Nobody: 9:53am On May 27, 2015
No be only breaking time na closing time. Senseless article. Mogidi greet iya ologi for me.

121 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by ShowYourCertificate: 9:53am On May 27, 2015
The fight against Kwaruption has begun grin grin grin

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Nobody: 9:55am On May 27, 2015
Mogidi:
Buhari would fight his enemies and not corruption, quote me anyday.

for ur own thread

u still dey book space too

wonderful

corruption even in nairaland

22 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by socialmediaman: 9:55am On May 27, 2015
This story is to be taken for what it is: mere propaganda. It was PDP who were speculating that Festus Keyamo was an APC sympathizer and should not be prosecuting a case involving an APC party member.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Mogidi: 9:56am On May 27, 2015
Taylor86:

for ur own thread

u still dey book space too

wonderful

corruption even in nairaland

To stop children fighting over the spot.

cc: lalasticlala, ishilove

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Nobody: 9:56am On May 27, 2015
Taylor86:
hmmm

and he left Amaechi ranting and calling his superior Wike names

wonderful

His superior? Ar u high?

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Nobody: 9:57am On May 27, 2015
Mogidi:

To stop children fighting over the spot.

y don't u leave d space for children

wen ur aware today is children's day

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Mogidi: 9:57am On May 27, 2015
IyaIode:
No be only breaking time na closing time. Senseless article. Mogidi greet iya ologi for me.

Iyabeji how far?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by midolian(m): 9:57am On May 27, 2015
Its not easy to be in the opposition.

Happy birthday to the lion of Ubima and the General of common sense revolution. You remain my man and Oba Akiolu, my role model

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Nobody: 9:58am On May 27, 2015
BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by AhmedMustapha(m): 9:58am On May 27, 2015
Which one is breaking times again?
All these PDP Newspapers won't allow Buhari rest

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by socialmediaman: 9:59am On May 27, 2015
Mogidi:
Mr Anti corruption ke?

You PDP guys including barcanista wanted him out of the case, he's out, shouldn't you be celebrating?

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Mogidi: 10:01am On May 27, 2015
socialmediaman:

You PDP guys including barcanista wanted him out of the case, he's out, shouldn't you be celebrating?

This is how Buhari intends fighting corruption?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by aderonila18: 10:04am On May 27, 2015
This is like the report that said Tinubu and Amaechi were in London to "fetch" Buhari only for us to see. Tinubu and Amaechi at other functions in Nigeria shocked

Too many fake reports

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by docadams: 10:08am On May 27, 2015
socialmediaman:

Others may try to see beyond their nose not Mogidi. The case is a simple one. If the scenario painted by the op is true then there is conflict of interest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Jesusloveyou: 10:11am On May 27, 2015
Mogidi:

Buhari would fight his enemies and not corruption, quote me anyday.
and tell his enemy not to commit crime.because his enemy is d problem of nigeria,they don't like good things,they don't like 'change', if his enemy stop to commit crime,nigeria wil be better

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Mogidi: 10:15am On May 27, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
and tell his enemy not to commit crime.because his enemy is d problem of nigeria,they don't like good things,they don't like 'change', if his enemy stop to commit crime,nigeria wil be better

Buhari doesn't see his friends as corrupt that's the problem.
Nigeria have recovered billions from the Abacha family, the same Abacha Buhari said was not corrupt. Buhari would use the next 4yrs fighting his enemies like Babangida, watch this space.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by DaGC(m): 10:16am On May 27, 2015
Well, I take certain things like this with a pinch of salt. lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Nobody: 10:20am On May 27, 2015
Mogidi:

This is how Buhari intends fighting corruption?
Mogidi you de see our "incorruptible" President-elect bah?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Mogidi: 10:22am On May 27, 2015
barcanista:
Mogidi you de see our "incorruptible" President-elect bah?

Selectively "incorruptible" you mean grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by lolababe331e: 10:22am On May 27, 2015
IyaIode:

He he he another fake news from a fake site. Tanoids are desperate now, if such a thing happened you think more reputable newspapers and sites like Thisday wouldn't have carried the news Hisss

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Nobody: 10:22am On May 27, 2015
There shall be "sacred" cows grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Nobody: 10:23am On May 27, 2015
Mogidi:

Selectively "incorruptible" you mean grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by la1(m): 10:23am On May 27, 2015
some individuals are irredeemably daft..

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by harrwix(m): 10:24am On May 27, 2015
interesting....but let's watch how things play

all I see is empty propaganda....if a reputable media institution like AIT can embark on a campaign of hate....what else could you expect from a clueless one as "thebreakingtimes"

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by Nobody: 10:26am On May 27, 2015
IyaIode:
hey, what's up wt our party?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes by sleekp1: 10:26am On May 27, 2015
Buhari anti-corruption don get "K" leg even before it starts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention / Police Surround Afrika Shrine To Prevent EndSARS Meeting / President Buhari Receives Senator Orji Uzor Kalu In Aso Villa (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.