Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting (44956 Views)

Jonathan’s Last-minute Appointments Tear Civil Service Apart / Buhari: Why My Meetings With Jonathan Last Less Than 15 Minutes / Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by omolami: 1:28pm On May 27, 2015
He should be sacked for portraying the administration in a bad light. Nigeria is not broke to d extent of not getting fuel for a minister. Former information minister ,Odey did same and got sacked. I wonder why our leaders don't learn from history
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by Dbboy(m): 1:31pm On May 27, 2015
raydodgemanhill:

And so. You should have started this initiative even in your days as FRSC boss. This is the same guy who spearheaded introduction of the new vehicle number plate which did not add any value but extort monies from Nigerians. His only reason was the generation of revenue for the government. Where is all that money now. In return GEJ rewarded him with ministerial appointment.

say what you know even while as head of FRSC he rode bike to visit the president in company of his FRSC colleague, google is your friend.
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by Abba999(f): 1:31pm On May 27, 2015
omolami:
He should be sacked for portraying the administration in a bad light. Nigeria is not broke to d extent of not getting fuel for a minister. Former information minister ,Odey did same and got sacked. I wonder why our leaders don't learn from history

shocked shocked shocked
What should I tell you?
Eerm!!!

In fact suggest what I should call u! grin cheesy grin
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by Princecalm(m): 1:38pm On May 27, 2015
Abba999:

smiley Darling he was reintroducing bicycle to us, it's a common practice in Europe, America & Asia, because of it's health and economic benefits. At least the use of bicycles in rural and less traffic Urban zones will go a long way in saving us fuel, money and keeping us fit sametime. wink
re-introducing you say? Well won't be surprise if you say the same thing when GEJ uses camel to pack his loads from Aso Rock since it will save fuel and money.
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by philosopherking(m): 1:42pm On May 27, 2015
If him like make him trek.....all of dem go still collect
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by Abba999(f): 1:47pm On May 27, 2015
Princecalm:
re-introducing you say? [s]Well won't be surprise if you say the same thing when GEJ uses camel to pack his loads from Aso Rock[/s] since it will save fuel and money.

FIXED!

yes reintroducing I meant because back in the 60s & before Nigerians knew better. undecided
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by Image123(m): 1:50pm On May 27, 2015
We forgive some childish behavior on children's day.
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by otiigba1(m): 1:56pm On May 27, 2015
myklangelo:
It will be a welcome development if some cities in Nigeria embrace bicycle as a mode of transport. Many major cities in Europe adopted that. Lagos needs that urgently to ease traffic maximally. But show off no go gree our ppl.

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com
yea! Right! Just like that? Without Good roads abi? NO pavements for pedestrians to walk on, pot holes every were
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by mrkings84(m): 2:09pm On May 27, 2015
In 9ja, nothing goes for nothing. So what's this for

Abi na so d fuel scarce reach
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by Princecalm(m): 2:12pm On May 27, 2015
Abba999:

FIXED!

yes reintroducing I meant because back in the 60s & before Nigerians knew better. undecided
and what is your thought on the words you cancelled?
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by adamubk(m): 2:44pm On May 27, 2015
Shoro niyen!....
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by unite4real: 2:48pm On May 27, 2015
politikin:
BULL SH1T! IS THERE NO PICTURE TO PROVE THIS. UNTIL I SEE A PICTURE, I WILL NOT BELIEVE. PERIOD!

there is no need for evidence to believe. It is utter rubbish.
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by myklangelo(m): 2:57pm On May 27, 2015
otiigba1:
yea! Right! Just like that? Without Good roads abi? NO pavements for pedestrians to walk on, pot holes every were
My bro even with all those challenges u menttioned cars that are much bigger than bicycles use our roads, no special legislation is needed except for ppl to go n buy cycles to ease traffic jams and even reduce road accidents, almost all the roads in abj are good enof for such, with some in major cities too.

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by yuio33: 3:01pm On May 27, 2015
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by Abba999(f): 3:37pm On May 27, 2015
Princecalm:
and what is your thought on the words you cancelled?

I cancelled your "sentiments" which clouds your sense of perceptions and understandings.

Darling, focus on the issue not distraction. Ok smiley
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by mojeer678: 4:03pm On May 27, 2015
ABDULKKR:
Chidoka told State House journalists that he rode on a bicycle to the valedictory FEC session to promote the idea that all modes of transport are essential.The minister said he was glad to have served under Jonathan's administration."The most important thing is that we have done our beat and we are moving on.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/news-menu/news/55736

Yes, moving on .... to prison.

This unoriginal stunt which was also done by his political godfather Ojo Maduekwe of Any Govt In Power (AGIP) fame before a vehicle cleared him off the road. Good riddance!

Osita is in serious trouble. His last minute appointments of his kinsmen into the Aviation ministry have been resisted by the Unions who vowed to expose and prevent all the backdated appointments from taking office.

Also, his daylight robbery of 'smart' licence plates is being challenged judicially and the very treasonable action of closing the Sura FRSC office to Nigerians in order for ExxonMobil staff to have a smooth drivers license registration is unprecedented and criminal by a public official!

Yes, Osita, you're definitely moving on .... to Kirikiri!

1 Like

Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by Rexnegro(m): 4:03pm On May 27, 2015
micktoxin:
David Cameron the leader of a country with an economy 4 times that of Nigeria, does it all the time with no fuss. Shows how disconnected Nigerian politicians are..
As much as I liked ur comment I also wish to slap u for saying 4 times Nigeria economy is England owns...bro na like 10 times o...at least my sis dey UK there she says almost everytin works there unless dis pdp failed state..thank God gmb is on his way to be in charge.
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 27, 2015
Not minding what people may say, I still regard this man in high esteem as one of the outstanding ministers under GEJ despite the fact that he had just few moments in office. He is a distinguished minister

1 Like

Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by yinkuzzz(f): 4:22pm On May 27, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
I came here for pics angry angry angry
Me too oo !
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by Danielclinton: 4:34pm On May 27, 2015
Pics or i don bliv it.
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by stranded(m): 4:35pm On May 27, 2015
ABDULKKR:
The Minister of Aviation, Osita Chidoka, this morning rode on a bicycle to the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting.Today's FEC meeting is the last in the life of the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.Jonathan, having lost theMarch 28presidential election, is handing over to Muhammadu Buharion Friday.Chidoka told State House journalists that he rode on a bicycle to the valedictory FEC session to promote the idea that all modes of transport are essential.The minister said he was glad to have served under Jonathan's administration."The most important thing is that we have done our beat and we are moving on. The president has allowed the widening of democracy...," he said.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/news-menu/news/55736

Looks like he is trying to register his feelings about the current fuel scarcity, by riding on a bicycle that does not use fuel.
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by pingpong1: 4:53pm On May 27, 2015
If just 10% of vehicle owners decide to buy a bicycle and ride to work for one month petroleum marketers will be in trouble
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by oyetunder(m): 4:54pm On May 27, 2015
Let him use wheel barrow !!! Is that what we are talking about?
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by oyetunder(m): 4:55pm On May 27, 2015
Let him use wheel barrow !!! Is that what we are talking about? An hungry man cannot pedal a bicycle...and some nigerians can't afford bicycle chain even. Riding a bicycle on a naija road is like romancing a cobra.
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by ideylaff: 4:59pm On May 27, 2015
micktoxin:
David Cameron the leader of a country with an economy 4 times that of Nigeria, does it all the time with no fuss. Shows how disconnected Nigerian politicians are..

well said buddy

1 Like

Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by mechanics(m): 7:53pm On May 27, 2015
Na fuel scarcity cause am.
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by Dubemkelly(m): 11:03pm On May 27, 2015
inorder words, aint nobody gat fuel...That shii gat virtually everybody, hin for trek join...Yeye administration
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by Princecalm(m): 9:04am On May 28, 2015
Abba999:

I cancelled your "sentiments" which clouds your sense of perceptions and understandings.

Darling, focus on the issue not distraction. Ok smiley
you were only dodging the truth.
Re: Minister Rides Bicycle To Jonathan's Last FEC Meeting by Abba999(f): 9:31am On May 28, 2015
Princecalm:
you were only dodging the truth.

Na you sabi. Case dismissed cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jubilation In Aba As Nnamdi Kanu Is Granted Bail (Photos) / Fire Guts Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC Headquarters In Abuja / Governor Ganduje Inspects Underground Pedestrian Tunnel In Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.