Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) - Entertainment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) (64098 Views)

What Happened Inside Night Club In Lagos (Photos) / Photo: Nigerian Women Dancing At A Popular Night Club In Lagos Back In 1967 / Photo: Check Out What Lagos Clubs Looked Like In the 50s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by sweetgimbo(m): 4:19pm On May 27, 2015
oboy de woman wan rock d man die, dat time sha life easy.[b]oboy de woman wan rock d man die, dat time sha life easy.[/b]oboy de woman wan rock d man die, dat time sha life easy.
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by idu1(m): 4:19pm On May 27, 2015
tohpahz:

Lolzz.. abeg ooo
so, you now miss nairaland?
Do u know I voted you?
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by arcdone(m): 4:20pm On May 27, 2015
wow...hilarious. ..change is inevitable..jux look at .d women ar wearing wrapper to party then..see d total opposite of it now..now ar troussers mini skirts e.t.c
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by bettercreature(m): 4:22pm On May 27, 2015
raumdeuter:

Do those people in the picture look like they were just born? They would be in their 20-30 Making them born in the 1930's

So do the calculation
our ancestor are the oduduwa,oranmiyan,moremi,obatala and so on,stop the shiit!
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by konjivity: 4:25pm On May 27, 2015
You must be kidding me! This na cultural dance naa.
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by docadams: 4:30pm On May 27, 2015
OP, this is not a night club nor is it in the 50's.
First, women rarely went to night club then.
When they did, it was never in wrapper but long gowns with long sleeves.
Back then, spinsters didn't wear wrapper to occasions. Only married women did. Did married women go to night club in the 50's? No!
The blouse worn by the woman in the pics are of recent times.
Finally, the hair style for both sexes then was,. mostly, afro but the hair of the lady in front appears treated.

1 Like

Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by zeusdgrt(m): 4:33pm On May 27, 2015
segxi1960:
Hahaha. Please know that night club then wasn't as it is today.

Night clubs were places you go to at night, you never slept over as it is the norm now.

Surulere night club readily comes to mind which I rocked then.

We had a hall and a compound. You drank your becks fully clothed (no tattoos, shorts or bling), you approached a lady nicely and you ask her for a dance.

Not 2015, where every 20 year old goes to a club half-naked with a desire to grab every female on the floor.

I miss the good old days
hmmmmmm so touching dear abeg do U guys twerk at dt tym?tell me more madam
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by Mrbee21(m): 4:36pm On May 27, 2015
Hw many times will this pix make front page...abeg unto d next 1
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 27, 2015
olaglamour:
See lalasticlala and our Queen Tohpahz digging it.

Happy children's day and happy birthday to Atymat

Smh grin chai. Lmao. Different human beings on NL sha
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by richard870(m): 4:39pm On May 27, 2015
Cultural thingz grin
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by segxi1960: 4:42pm On May 27, 2015
Anyi3:

Sir, when dem born you?
16 years ago
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by armadeo(m): 4:44pm On May 27, 2015
olaglamour:
See lalasticlala and our Queen Tohpahz digging it.

Happy children's day and happy birthday to Atymat

Lol
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by mmsen: 4:50pm On May 27, 2015
docadams:
OP, this is not a night club nor is it in the 50's.
First, women rarely went to night club then.
When they did, it was never in wrapper but long gowns with long sleeves.
Back then, spinsters didn't wear wrapper to occasions. Only married women did. Did married women go to night club in the 50's? No!
The blouse worn by the woman in the pics are of recent times.
Finally, the hair style for both sexes then was,. mostly, afro but the hair of the lady in front appears treated.

The 50s was the era of treated hair.

Afros came in the 70s.

Women in Lagos went to nightclubs back then, stop being so naive.

1 Like

Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by CoCoLav(f): 4:51pm On May 27, 2015
segxi1960:
Hahaha. Please know that night club then wasn't as it is today.

Night clubs were places you go to at night, you never slept over as it is the norm now.

Surulere night club readily comes to mind which I rocked then.

We had a hall and a compound. You drank your becks fully clothed (no tattoos, shorts or bling), you approached a lady nicely and you ask her for a dance.

Not 2015, where every 20 year old goes to a club half-naked with a desire to grab every female on the floor.

I miss the good old days

Yeah my dad told me about this. I guess it was 'excuse me a dance' you guys used to say then.

4 Likes

Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by pafek(m): 5:11pm On May 27, 2015
This is what it looks like

1 Like

Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by ocelot2006(m): 5:24pm On May 27, 2015
raumdeuter:
That was original twerking by our ancestors.

Hehehehe true grin

1 Like

Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by dhorlipizzu(m): 5:30pm On May 27, 2015
kilmix:
Chaiii... see wrapper.

See the woman giving the man yansh....
yet my grandparents said their time was 100% perfect.

Lemme save this picture.. I'll show them when I see them in heaven angry angry grin cry... they must explain in detail.

Should I say FTC?
No, I won't... that's childish.
Happy children's day... mixpressive.

grin grin angry

This man grin grin grin

Should u say FTC? After u yaf said it?

Ogbeni bring ur head make I break this limca bottle dia.... love that thoooo
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by kilmix: 5:47pm On May 27, 2015
dhorlipizzu:

grin grin angry

This man grin grin grin

Should u say FTC? After u yaf said it?

Ogbeni bring ur head make I break this limca bottle dia.... love that thoooo

Happy children's day.
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by JoeCutie(m): 5:55pm On May 27, 2015
That's when they ate 'Nkwobi' and 'Ishi ewu' at night clubs. Awwwww. I wish.... embarassed

3 Likes

Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by solid3(m): 6:01pm On May 27, 2015
kilmix:
Chaiii... see wrapper.

See the woman giving the man yansh....
yet my grandparents said their time was 100% perfect.

Lemme save this picture.. I'll show them when I see them in heaven angry angry grin cry... they must explain in detail.

Should I say FTC?
No, I won't... that's childish.
Happy children's day... mixpressive.

Empty you came to this world and empty will u go back, how do u intend to take the pix to heaven?
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by tonychristopher: 6:03pm On May 27, 2015
THE ERA ILEKEH AND BAREM WERE VIRGIN...NOW THEY ARE IN MENOPAUSE
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by dhorlipizzu(m): 6:07pm On May 27, 2015
kilmix:

Happy children's day.

Same to u baba mi
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by kilmix: 6:17pm On May 27, 2015
solid3:

Empty you came to this world and empty will u go back, how do u intend to take the pix to heaven?

Ask John Dumelo.
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by jpphilips(m): 6:18pm On May 27, 2015
tonychristopher:
THE ERA ILEKEH AND BAREM WERE VIRGIN...NOW THEY ARE IN MENOPAUSE

After seeing these pics, our parents still lie they met our mothers virgins, i dey laugh!!

1 Like

Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by tonychristopher: 6:21pm On May 27, 2015
my brother..what can i say ...funny enough ebola no dey then no hiv just free toto

nawa

no babe go ask u money for human hair or iphone6

babes cheap then

jpphilips:

After seeing these pics, our parents still lie they met our mothers virgins, i dey laugh!!
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by SpicyJosBabe(f): 6:41pm On May 27, 2015
tonychristopher:
my brother..what can i say ...funny enough ebola no dey then no hiv just free toto

nawa

no babe go ask u money for human hair or iphone6

babes cheap then

Hahaha, u are not serious.

Well at least guys then were more sincere and respectful to women. Not all these womanizers, liars n betrayers we have today.
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by jsunex(m): 7:05pm On May 27, 2015
Lol
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by domopps(m): 8:08pm On May 27, 2015
Op is that an all night church Programme or actually a night club?

But truth be told babes been giving Guys body since 1959 and yet they castigate our Generation !

Who is fooling who?

#teamGMB

#Twacimyqueen

#Sinaj......... wait lemie ask Orijin101 and Cutehector 1st

Cheeeeeeeers
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by tohpahz(f): 8:10pm On May 27, 2015
wristwatch:

Smh grin chai. Lmao. Different human beings on NL sha

Lolzzz.. u sef follow dey laf ba.. angry
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by tohpahz(f): 8:11pm On May 27, 2015
idu1:
so, you now miss nairaland?

Do u know I voted you?

Ohh.. Thanks for that dear.. smiley
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by 1miccza: 8:13pm On May 27, 2015
dickrider:
tongue
Meeeen you are sooo hot!!Your name fits you!!Dick rrriiidddeeerrr!!!!
Re: See What A Night Club In Lagos Looked Like In 1959 (photo) by NobleG1(m): 8:14pm On May 27, 2015
It wasn't called "Club" at that period, it was called DISCO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saharareporters: unclothed Pictures Of Genevieve Exposed / Osaze Musical Group, Benue And Raunchy Dance Got People Talking (Photos) / Kenyan Magician 'Walking On Air' (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.