Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole (29273 Views)

Houses & Cars Belonging To Kidnappers In Kogi Destroyed By Governor Bello. PICS / Economy: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole / Economy: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by Jedix(m): 10:47am On May 28, 2015
You are awesome
Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by initiate: 10:48am On May 28, 2015
FastShipping:
I read everything from top to bottom. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala must be held responsible for the gross misconduct in the handling of our economy. She is just an economist on paper. She is grossly incompetent and corrupt.[/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size] A situation where a minister of finance could not attend important meetings with the governors or giving the governors oral presentation on the state of the economy is a sign of incompetence and corruption. She has never presented the governors with facts written in black and white. From what Oshiomohle wrote, Okonjo Iweala has been avoiding the governors because she has been found wanting. Okonjo Iweala has been giving out waivers after waivers to importers. She has been depleting national treasury since the beginning of this administration. Ultimately, she has been spending and borrowing like a drunken sailor.

On the issue of oil theft, Jonathan and his cabals are responsible for that. How can oil theft be going on our waterways while Jonathan pays billions of naira to militants to secure the place?

Okonjo Iweale must be probed, interrogated and jailed for her gross misconduct.

that sums it
Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by Anyi3(m): 10:53am On May 28, 2015
AfricanGod2:

First of all, thank you for summarizing.
Second of all if what you've written is correct then you're being unreasonable.

third: Okonjo is a world renowned economist, she is the 48 most powerful woman in the world according to Times and she has immensely more credibility in her profession than the governor calling her a paper economist. In fact the Oshiomle is the quack between the two of them.

Fourth: All this stuff about attending meetings with governors and giving governors slide presentations is so absurd I can't believe someone who claims to be a governor is not ashamed to mention them.
Okonjo works for the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. She does not work for ANY governor and is NOT ANSWERABLE to ANY governor. The man, and any other governor that expected her to stoop to a level less than that of a commissioner for them is silly, lazy, incompetent and does not deserve the title governor. He should go hire a competent commissioner of finance and face the business of govenoring his state!

Only in Nigeria do state "governors" go to the federal government begging like paupers. Only in Nigeria do the finances of states depend so much on the performance of the federal minister of finance. And ONLY in Nigeria do state governors complain like babies when the said minister does not have time for them.

Oga Shekau is on the list of powerful people too. Why don't we clap for him as well if that's how you label good people? The fact she is so called "world renowned Economist" doesn't mean she by default is a god. Greece that is facing recession don't have good economists ba? Good economists screw up all the time just like good doctors and good carpenters and good Mai suya.
Simple question is did she spend from the ECA and SWF without following due process?
Finish.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by dljbd1(m): 10:53am On May 28, 2015
Happy Birthday Initialize cool

cc: Neckyblue Stancity cheesy

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by angelswingson: 10:58am On May 28, 2015
Freetech:
Okonjo is a World Bank mole planted to return Nigeria to financial slavery. Soludo, Sanusi,, governors of all the states and even Nass warned and cautioned her handling of the economy but instead of responding with fact and figure, it is name calling and character assassination she used. She accomplished her goal. Nigerian back in financial slavery of World Bank with 60% of our debt owed to wb and the need to spend 21bln in debt servicing this year alone.
nice one there, that's a deep one
Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by dharamanil(m): 10:58am On May 28, 2015
He (Adams) should keep quiet!!!!!! When this issue was raise in 2012 about the cabals and subsidy removal, what did he do? Useless set of criminals always knowing who to hold responsible excluding them

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by Maser: 11:01am On May 28, 2015
Everybody in Nairaland is now an expert economist and rearing their heads against Okonjo. Hiss! *walks out of thread*

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by PassingShot(m): 11:02am On May 28, 2015
AfricanGod2:

third: Okonjo is a world renowned economist, she is the 48 most powerful woman in the world according to Times and she has immensely more credibility in her profession than the governor calling her a paper economist. In fact the Oshiomle is the quack between the two of them.

Fourth: All this stuff about attending meetings with governors and giving governors slide presentations is so absurd I can't believe someone who claims to be a governor is not ashamed to mention them.
Okonjo works for the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. She does not work for ANY governor and is NOT ANSWERABLE to ANY governor. The man, and any other governor that expected her to stoop to a level less than that of a commissioner for them is silly, lazy, incompetent and does not deserve the title governor. He should go hire a competent commissioner of finance and face the business of govenoring his state!

Only in Nigeria do state "governors" go to the federal government begging like paupers. Only in Nigeria do the finances of states depend so much on the performance of the federal minister of finance. And ONLY in Nigeria do state governors complain like babies when the said minister does not have time for them.
It's a big shame that you cannot fault the facts and figures presented in the article.

It's better to keep silent and be thought a fool.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by akaahs(m): 11:04am On May 28, 2015
That's what happen when u put women with miopic thikin in sensitive position of leadership. No appoligise to women out there bcause those who represent u in d ledership of this country hve put u to shame startin frm Mama patiece down to Ngozi, to Dianazi upto Stella.
Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by 9jatriot(m): 11:07am On May 28, 2015
dharamanil:
He (Adams) should keep quiet!!!!!! When this issue was raise in 2012 about the cabals and subsidy removal, what did he do? Useless set of criminals always knowing who to hold responsible excluding them

Adams actually supported subsidy removal in 2012, he stood by NOI in defending the action.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by pyyxxaro: 11:12am On May 28, 2015
DeRay98:

Oh Boy, you be case o grin

Bros I greet u in Swahili grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by trustee20: 11:12am On May 28, 2015
pyyxxaro:

Bros , I be small pikin , I never chop since ytday cry

Eye de turn me self , fear nor let me sleep make I nor go dream see wiliwili

Thanks for the summary wink

I don for laugh! "u b small u never chop since ytday" wetin u come find for NL. u too funny.
Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by Nobody: 11:13am On May 28, 2015
omonnakoda:

The Minister of Finance is not supposed to be there [in the NEC]by the constitution

Coordination between the states and FG relates most importantly to transferring payments from the Federation account.This should be done by the CBN and NOT the Minister of Finance.The PDP distorted this

I think we're getting to the same page here. Like I said, she should be held accountable but governors should not expect her to give accounts to them. All this nonsense is simply a way to distract people from their glaring failures as governors.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by Okeycima: 11:18am On May 28, 2015
Make i jux talk nah until i see madam Ngozi's reply.I HOPE OSHOBABA WON'T BACK OUT FROM what he said or won't reduce the speed he is applying now like Ameachi did?.AND TO ANTY NGOZI U HAVE ALOT TO TELL US
Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by pyyxxaro: 11:18am On May 28, 2015
trustee20:

I don for laugh! "u b small u never chop since ytday" wetin u come find for NL. u too funny.

Bros abeg just sorry for me , na mistake I tk reach here

Abeg make I go follow my mate play wink
Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by neocortex: 11:22am On May 28, 2015
This Oshiomole is a slow poke , since he believed in saving why didn't he reject his own share. Now that he has squandered Edo state portion , he now demands for explanation.
It would have been better if he started his letter with explanations of how he spent Edo's share of the ECA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by Rick9(m): 11:22am On May 28, 2015
Just give me one good reason why this woman and her companions shouldn't be remanded in Kirikiri, they really murdered this Economy, all she does is to come on air and say shit like , Nigeria economy is the fastest growing in Africa like seriously.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by stayblack: 11:29am On May 28, 2015
efilefun:
Never seen Nigerians happy like this cuz of a new government apart from the death of Abacha.... shows how worst this outgoing administration had been

This woman lost the respect i got for her during OBJ's administration... She just ridiculed and tarnished her image under this clueless administration...
WE ARE HAPPY OOO. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by NewsHub: 11:30am On May 28, 2015
omonnakoda:

What exactly is the source of her renown as an economist.Can you mention one publication that justifies such high praise.I am not aware of any scholars referencing her as a scholar in any reputable journals. She was an administrator at the World Bank not an "economist" .
The source of her "power" was her position not her person. Her position as Finance Minister. A power she has used destructively over the last 4 years like an out of control wild forest fire.

She works for Nigerians and part of her role as finance minister is to attend the NEC. She is accountable to the NEC

I do not understand what you mean by "stoop" ,A pilot in a plane has a responsibility to tell all passengers why the plane is vibrating or losing altitude .It is called responsibility. Her position is one of public service ,she is a public servant and some of her duties are statutory,they are mandated by law and do not amount to doing anyone a favour.In fact failure to perform statutory functions is criminal.
What is troubling is that citizens still reason in such a subservient way. She is not an elected official but a mere appointee and is not in any way superior to an elected governor who is asking for an account of his state's money that she has responsibility for transferring to him
Very intelligent response! Kai you even sound more intelligent than the so called economist. I love your post.

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by Utchman1: 11:32am On May 28, 2015
I read every single word.

It is no wonder Nigeria is the way it is. It did not start today.

It is our Nigerian way of doing things. Okonjo-Iweala cannot try this at world bank where she works; there is no way she will not attend scheduled meetings. Imagine making verbal financial statements for a gathering of governors and legislatures.

But coming to think of it, why has Adams left it this late?

It just goes to confirm further that Nigeria was in autopilot under Jonathan.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by laboguashi(m): 11:33am On May 28, 2015
efilefun:
Never seen Nigerians happy like this cuz of a new government apart from the death of Abacha.... shows how worst this outgoing administration had been

This woman lost the respect i got for her during OBJ's administration... She just ridiculed and tarnished her image under this clueless administration...

It's because OBJ had a better understanding of governance than GEJ so he was able to keep her on her toes. Remember that immediately she began to misbehave, OBJ 'relegated' her to another ministry and she resigned. If GEJ really had a clearer understanding of our economy, he would have let go of her a long time ago.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by free13: 11:33am On May 28, 2015
Hmm....
Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by JUBILEE2000: 11:34am On May 28, 2015
These allegations are too weighty to be ignored. i expect Mrs Iweala to write a rejoinder on this and clear the air once and for all. If she fails to do so then Buhari should do the needful. This out-going Govt should be probed from the alpha to the omega in the administration. May God heal and restore our land!!!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by omonnakoda: 11:36am On May 28, 2015
AfricanGod2:

I think we're getting to the same page here. Like I said, she should be held accountable but governors should not expect her to give accounts to them. All this nonsense is simply a way to distract people from their glaring failures as governors.
Nunca!! not on the same page. You are just sounding off

She took ,according to him,state government money to pay for oil subsidy and you say she is not accountable to states?
She is withholding their money without authority,illegally and they should not question her? Why else would they be interested in her,to admire her cheeks? If she does not touch their money there is no need for their parallel lines to meet

6 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by egeoffery: 11:37am On May 28, 2015
We have been experiencing series of administrative error in the hands of incompetent leaders and this has given us the course to think of how the future of our unborn children will look like. Worst or better .
Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by laboguashi(m): 11:38am On May 28, 2015
Utchman1:
I read every single word.

It is no wonder Nigeria is the way it is. It did not start today.

It is our Nigerian way of doing things. Okonjo-Iweala cannot try this at world bank where she works; there is no way she will not attend scheduled meetings. Imagine making verbal financial statements for a gathering of governors and legislatures.

But coming to think of it, why has Adams left it this late?

It just goes to confirm further that Nigeria was in autopilot under Jonathan.

I read everything too. However, I expected this write-up to have come out before now. If all governors had demanded for a breakdown of the ECA and SWF before now with one voice, the baseline for the incoming govt may have been defined before now.

The write-up is an eye opener. I'm waiting for NOI's response and I'm gonna read every word too.
Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by philips70(m): 11:39am On May 28, 2015
dharamanil:

Are the cabals ojuju calabar that Mr Jona could not bring to book? Cabal my ass! Jonathan and Diezani are the cabal! Did you read where or ever heard of when illegal ships are arrested and all of a sudden an order come from above to release? Oponu!

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by demandtruth: 11:42am On May 28, 2015
The woman, just like her boss, avoids taking responsibility for anything.

The woman gives out trillion of Naira in import waivers and run big deficits, yet she shifts the blames of the economy failures on the governors demand of the common wealth.

She's simply an accomplice to a crime supervised by Gej incompetence. More so, you are the coordinating minister for all saints sake.

Personally, I can't seem to understand any justification for not accepting responsibility for this monumental failure.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by oyans: 11:42am On May 28, 2015
If the above write as alleged by Comrade Gov., then the Minister of Finance have questions and explanation. That means she is lack competence to hold the postition with Coordinating minister of the Econmy. GMB take note!
Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by omonnakoda: 11:42am On May 28, 2015
laboguashi:

I read everything too. However, I expected this write-up to have come out before now. If all governors had demanded for a breakdown of the ECA and SWF before now with one voice, the baseline for the incoming govt may have been defined before now.

The write-up is an eye opener. I'm waiting for NOI's response and I'm gonna read every word too.
They have been demanding and even went to court. The matter is in court and is part of why Amaechi has problems with GEJ .They wanted to make it a PDP affair and settle out of court
Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by seunmsg(m): 11:46am On May 28, 2015
AfricanGod2:

You are just a very ignorant soul who knows nothing about the running of the nations finances. The federation account, ECA and SWF does not belong to the federal government as you people always ignorantly assert. It belongs jointly to the three tiers of government. State and local governments don't beg the federal government like paupers as you claim. They simply go to take their constitutional share of the nations wealth the same way federal government also takes her share.

The minister of finance manages and run those accounts in trust for the federating units. If she mismanaged it, the governors can legitimately hold her accountable for the mismanagement.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala’s Hidden Figures By Governor Adams Oshiomhole by chynergy1(m): 11:49am On May 28, 2015
WHERE WERE YOU ALL THIS WHILE?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Agabi Begs Umar Over Oluyede’s Behavior / Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" / Tinubu Meets Yahaya Bello At Book Presentation On Buhari (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.