Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. (1184 Views)

Solomon Dalung Drinking Tea With Bread At Bauchi Road Motor Park, Jos / TSA: You Speak Like A ‘tout’...fayose's Aide Blasts Lai Mohamed / I Was A Motor Park Tout-Benue Gov-Elect(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. by PhockPhockMan: 4:16am On May 28, 2015
The Benue State incoming Governor, Chief Samuel Ortom, has described his experience as a motor park tout and his election as governor as a divine arrangement and the handiwork of God.

Ortom, who bared his mind to The PUNCH in an exclusive chat in Makurdi, said his elevation from grass to grace was due to hard work and his firm believe in God.

He said, “My journey from being a motor park tout to an elected governor is purely a divine arrangement. I cast my mind back to when I dropped out of school in Form 2 but I remained hardworking and I did not engage in crime to survive.

“One thing I know is that hard work pays and you must keep faith with God; power belongs to God and He alone gives it to whoever He will.”

The former Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment said he had dropped out of school in Form 2 due to lack of funds but this did not force him to engage in criminal activities to survive.

Ortom, however, noted that the selection process of the PDP delegates in the last party’s primary in the state was manipulated by the party leadership intentionally to thwart his ambition of becoming the next governor.

He said the party also frustrated the support of the Benue populace who supported him.

He said, “The process of selection of delegates in the last PDP governorship election was manipulated by the leadership of the party to thwart my ambition and frustrate the people who all supported me. But God vindicated me and blessed me, and now I am an elected governor.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-was-a-motor-park-tout-benue-gov-elect/
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. by NeduLuiZ(m): 4:45am On May 28, 2015
For once benue is given a true leader. Suswam and akume weren't different
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. by omenka(m): 5:42am On May 28, 2015
This is no news. We all know. He's never failed to make reference to that in most of his public speeches. Always talking about his humble beginnings.

I'm very sure this Op meant to spite the governor by this since he's in APC. Pele. It is no news Ortom used to be an Abgero hustling travellers and carrying bags for them. I don't think there's anything wrong in coming from a poor background. What you eventually make of your life is all that matters.

We all remember someone used to trek kilometres to school bare-feet.

1 Like

Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. by fashoo2010(m): 5:44am On May 28, 2015
Destiny cannot be denied, it can only be delayed...it will surely come to pass if u believe in God
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. by Gamechanger: 5:44am On May 28, 2015
Once a motor park tout.....
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. by Ismahill(m): 5:49am On May 28, 2015
Good 2 knw....wen u gt 2 power pls remember dose pple wu r on d same level wit u wen u are still on street......dnt 4gt where u strtd 4rm
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. by CzarRex: 5:51am On May 28, 2015
Good 2 knw..dis serves as a leSson 2 all u niggiz out there thinkin dia is no future 4 a motor park touts or thugs..Jst kip believin
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. by Chibaba247(m): 6:46am On May 28, 2015
just to decieve d ppl abi,Mr ex tout,carry on.....bt don't fill ur cabinet with current and ex touts too
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. by sinizia: 7:05am On May 28, 2015
I hope he's not going to use this story of a poor and humble background as a facade to loot us silly? This is what they do, they appear angelic, with no evil intentions during the campaigns, but when they see the money, the devil in them comes out and they loot the treasury with wanton recklessness.
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. by profpets(m): 7:10am On May 28, 2015
Can somebody shout halleluja
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. by PhockPhockMan: 10:52am On May 28, 2015
omenka:
This is no news. We all know. He's never failed to make reference to that in most of his public speeches. Always talking about his humble beginnings.

I'm very sure this Op meant to spite the governor by this since he's in APC. Pele. It is no news Ortom used to be an Abgero hustling travellers and carrying bags for them. I don't think there's anything wrong in coming from a poor background. What you eventually make of your life is all that matters.

We all remember someone used to trek kilometres to school bare-feet.

Can you See your dirty life?
Will you be typing this trash if he had won the election under PDP?

Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. by PhockPhockMan: 10:54am On May 28, 2015
Gamechanger:
Once a motor park tout.....
Always a.........
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:57am On May 28, 2015
Sam Ortom said the same thing when Jonathan made him a minister. Your motive of openning this thread has been defeated?
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. by disumusa: 1:00pm On May 28, 2015
But you refuse to furnish and rebuild the park
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. by kokoA(m): 1:23pm On May 28, 2015
But he had shoes abi? Nothing new.. Enough of the d1kc sucking, get to work and liberate your state..
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. by PhockPhockMan: 2:11pm On May 28, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Sam Ortom said the same thing when Jonathan made him a minister. Your motive of openning this thread has been defeated?
He's a confessed tout. Live with it
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. by themilanway(m): 2:16pm On May 28, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Can you See your dirty life?
Will you be typing this trash if he had won the election under PDP?

Kettle calling pot black.So because he didnt win in PDP you are not proud about his past?Hypocrite.

Did you also read what he said about the process and selection of delegates in PDP before the election?.
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. by PhockPhockMan: 2:23pm On May 28, 2015
themilanway:

Kettle calling pot black.So because he didnt win in PDP you are not proud about his past?Hypocrite.

Did you also read what he said about the process and selection of delegates in PDP before the election?.
Wetin this one dey talk sef?

Mtcheeeeeeeewww
Re: I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect. by themilanway(m): 4:05pm On May 28, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Wetin this one dey talk sef?

Mtcheeeeeeeewww

How you go understand,when you don Bleep your brain finish.

(1) (Reply)

Why We Didn’t Stop Nigerian Joining ISIS – Turkish Envoy / Jeb Bush Finally Announces For The Presidency / Nigerian Air Force Raids Militants’ Hideout In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.