Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? (4448 Views)

Man Knocks Off His Wife's Teeth After She Refused To Abort Their Baby (Photos) / Man Snatches Friend's Wife And 5 Children; Says He Fathered Them / He Forced Me To Abort 5 Pregnacy for "His Personal Sanctification"..... Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 28, 2015
What would you do if your teenage
daughter, kid sister, cousin, niece is
impregnated through no fault of
hers, by a rapist?
Would you advise the kid to go for
an abortion or to keep the baby?

This is a dilemma from an anonymous Nairalander from Port-Harcourt, found herself when her
14 year old daughter was raped
and in the process, got pregnant.
The single mother has been at her
wit’s end on what to do, even
blaming herself for her daughter’s
predicament.
While many of her friends want
her to take her daughter to a doctor
for an abortion, others, like her
pastor are advising her to keep the
baby as abortion is a sin in the
sight of God.
We are trowing the poser open to
Nairalanders today with the
question:

Do you support abortion if the father
is a rapist?

Cc. lalasticlala ishilove
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by indiraserv: 2:42pm On May 28, 2015
Giving up for adoption maybe more humane
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 28, 2015
Yea. . . How will you feel when you are being called "child of a rapist?"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Mhizkel(f): 2:44pm On May 28, 2015
It's not the baby's fault that his/her father happened to be a rapist..The baby deserves the normal care and attention given to all other babies...

1 Like

Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Twaci(f): 2:45pm On May 28, 2015
The child shuld not be punished and/or judged by the actions of its father....no matter who is involved.

Its a divine gift, let her keep and cherish the child for no one knows what blessings it might bring to its mother.

Quick question, if Dangote's son was the rapist, would we be asking the same question? undecided

1 Like

Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 28, 2015
indiraserv:
Giving up for adoption maybe more humane
I like your point of view sir, but that still won't change the fact that she is the mother of a fatherless child, thereby demeaning her reputation.
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 28, 2015
Light my weed*

Make I check who dey knock for my door
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 28, 2015
Twaci:
The child shuld not be punished and/or judged by the actions of its father....no matter who is involved.

Its a divine gift, let her keep and cherish the child for no one knows what blessings it might bring to its mother.

Quick question, if Dangote's son was the rapist, would we be asking the same question? undecided
Even if the child happens to be successful more than bill gates, the fact will still remain that he was fathered by a rapist.

1 Like

Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 28, 2015
Mhizkel:
It's not the baby's fault that his/her father happened to be a rapist..The baby deserves the normal care and attention given to all other babies...
It won't be an easy decision for the mum and raped girl.
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 28, 2015
Orijin101:
Yea. . . How will you feel when you are being called "child of a rapist?"
Very hurtful and demeaning, whereas the mother isn't likely to love such child.
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by indiraserv: 2:52pm On May 28, 2015
There are ways of doing this things,hide her away from the point the pregnancy starts to show till she puts to bed ,get adoptive parents ready to receive as soon as she puts to bed
Give her a few weeks to heal and she'll return like nothing happened
Borrussia:
I like your point of view sir, but that still won't change the fact that she is the mother of a fatherless child, thereby demeaning her reputation.
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Mhizkel(f): 2:52pm On May 28, 2015
Borrussia:
It won't be an easy decision for the mum and raped girl.
It's better than killing the baby!
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Rosemary216(f): 2:53pm On May 28, 2015
Abeg keep d baby 1st; wen u deliver it u bring d child to me, i wil take full responsiblity and raise d child!!!

Who even brought d idea of abortion I need to shove a carrot down dat person's throat!! U mean rapists aren't humans or wat? Abeg ppl shud grow up!!! Is it only a rapist dat has committed sin Y shud it b a rapist child dat shud b aborted Abeg we mustnt stigmatize ppl....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Mynd44: 2:54pm On May 28, 2015
Did the OP mention God?

Why did God not protect her from being raped in the first place? Abeg Na this kin argument dey vex person

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 28, 2015
indiraserv:
There are ways of doing this things,hide her away from the point the pregnancy starts to show till she puts to bed ,get adoptive parents ready to receive as soon as she puts to bed
Give her a few weeks to heal and she'll return like nothing happened
As a parent, will you be happy if someone else is taking care of your child for you?

1 Like

Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Phikom(m): 2:55pm On May 28, 2015
hmmm...dis one is strong ooo...anyway I won't anyway be a party to d league of abortion...though d child tends to live wit d scar and derogatory stigma throughout his/her lifetime...but they are meant to be treated nurtured and taken care of...
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by tupem: 2:57pm On May 28, 2015
HeartRobber:
Light my weed*

Make I check who dey knock for my door

you know wetin be weed?! Tata coming to form whatnot here! undecided
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Twaci(f): 2:57pm On May 28, 2015
Borrussia:
Even if the child happens to be successful more than bill gates, the fact will still remain that he was fathered by a rapist.
Is Rapist another name for Alien?

As far as I am concerned, the child remains a human and should be treated as such. Fair and square. Rapist father or not!

*drinks water*
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 28, 2015
Mynd44:
Did the OP mention God?

Why did God not protect her from being raped in the first place? Abeg Na this kin argument dey vex person

Are you angry with God?
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 28, 2015
Mhizkel:

It's better than killing the baby!
Well I still don't think aborting a baby is a bad idea, the mum may hate the child once gives birth to him, and that's when he'll likely suffer and wish he was breed at all.
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by indiraserv: 3:00pm On May 28, 2015
Its not forever,just for the pregnancy period
We are talking about being humane
There is of course the easy way out
As a rule am not judgemental!

Borrussia:
As a parent, will you be happy if someone else is taking care of your child for you?
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by ITbomb(m): 3:00pm On May 28, 2015
Abortion is permissible here.

The memory of the bad experience will forever haunt the poor girl if she goes ahead to keep the pregnancy, not even giving it away for adoption will erase the hurt.
*sideways* the foetus has no soul, dispose of the unwanted before it becomes human

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 28, 2015
tupem:
you know wetin be weed?! Tata coming to form whatnot here! undecided

Is that a question?

Well I don't think so.

Make I go sell my banana
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 28, 2015
Borrussia:
Very hurtful and demeaning, whereas the mother isn't likely to love such child.
I've seen a situation like that before, real life not movie. . .

The mother never wants to see the boy at all, instead of showing the poor boy love, hatred is all the boy is getting from her which is now making the boy a kinda sullen and you know what that can lead to. . .

1 Like

Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by TheSonOfMark(m): 3:02pm On May 28, 2015
Twaci:

A poser about allowing the progeny of a rapist to be terminated was posted and the analogy you could come up with was about DANGOTE'S SON?

Does being rich justify or dignify raping ?

When you females are attacked for your vanity-chasing, overly-materialistic and exploitative tendencies you play the victims yet you give more reasons to be attacked.

"...WHAT IF HE'S DANGOTE'S SON?...". Seriously? sad

4 Likes

Mynd44:
Did the OP mention God?

Anybody can be a victim of circumstances, be it good or bad. That doesn't mean there is no God.

Remember everything happens for a reason, life evolves.
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by tupem: 3:03pm On May 28, 2015
HeartRobber:

Is that a question?
Well I don't think so.

Make I go sell my banana
undecided
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 28, 2015
Twaci:

If not in Naija, i can still agree with that fact of urs. . . In naija, events dies but the history lives!
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Twaci(f): 3:06pm On May 28, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

A poser about allowing the progeny to a rapist to be terminated and the analogy you could come up with was about DANGOTE'S SON?

Does being rich justify or dignifies raping ?

When you females are attacked for your vanity-chasing, overly-materialistic and exploitative tendencies you play the victims yet you give more reasons to be attacked.

"...WHAT IF HE'S DANGOTE'S SON?...". Seriously?: (

Mark Junior I was asking a rhetorical question smiley.

My point is; Rapist or not, Dangote's child or not....the unborn child should be treated same. Like a human.

But then, I'm not forcing u to understand and/or agree with my opinion.
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 28, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

A poser about allowing the progeny of a rapist to be terminated was posted and the analogy you could come up with was about DANGOTE'S SON?

Does being rich justify or dignify raping ?

"...WHAT IF HE'S DANGOTE'S SON?...". Seriously? sad
As if that makes him less of a human
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Twaci(f): 3:09pm On May 28, 2015
Orijin101:

If not in Naija, i can still agree with that fact of urs. . . In naija, events dies but the history lives!
cheesy It happens everywhere joor!
Re: Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? by Captainswag225(m): 3:09pm On May 28, 2015
Borrussia:
What would you do if your teenage
daughter, kid sister, cousin, niece is
impregnated through no fault of
hers, by a rapist?
Would you advise the kid to go for
an abortion or to keep the baby?

This is a dilemma from an anonymous Nairalander from Port-Harcourt, found herself when her
14 year old daughter was raped
and in the process, got pregnant.
The single mother has been at her
wit’s end on what to do, even
blaming herself for her daughter’s
predicament.
While many of her friends want
her to take her daughter to a doctor
for an abortion, others, like her
pastor are advising her to keep the
baby as abortion is a sin in the
sight of God.
We are trowing the poser open to
Nairalanders today with the
question:

Do you support abortion if the father
is a rapist?

Cc. lalasticlala ishilove
yeah i do. Eg for a married women to carry a rapist child to term can break her marriage, not forgetting the emotional stress and other issues. Abortion should be allowed but if the person can carry the child to term and then give out to lets say the foster home, thats also good. In this situation, i think the child should carry the baby to term and then give him or her out for adoption.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read / Pls Advice Me Can My Husband Ex-girl Be Our Family Friend. / Come In Here For Your Cheap Electronics And Furniture Deals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.