Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,169 members, 7,860,185 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:31 AM

As Senate Presidency Tears APC Apart, Buhari Insists He Has No Choice Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Senate Presidency Tears APC Apart, Buhari Insists He Has No Choice Candidate (485 Views)

Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics / Buhari's One-term Pledge Tears APC Leaders Apart / Transition C’ttee: Buhari Insists On Credible Persons As Bakare Heads Screening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Senate Presidency Tears APC Apart, Buhari Insists He Has No Choice Candidate by whitelakes05(m): 5:26pm On May 28, 2015
By Ibidapo Balogun

Even as the choice of who will become Senate President and Speaker of House of Representatives tears the All Progressives Congress apart, President-elect Muhammadu Buhari has restated his willingness to work with any leader of the National Assembly that the process throws up.

He says he has no preferred candidate and is ready to work with any Senate President or Speaker irrespective of what part of the country he or she originates from.

The battle for the Senate President has pitted Senator Ahmed Lawan from Yobe against Senator Bukola Saraki from Kwara.

On Wednesday, Senator Barnabbas Gemade said about 40 APC Senators have lined behind Lawan. That group of Senators is also backing Senator George Akume for Deputy Senate President.

A day before then, those in Saraki’s group including Senators Abdullahi Adamu, Danjuma Goje and Dino Melaye claimed 35 APC senators were behind them.

Analysts fear the 45 Peoples Democratic Party Senators led by Senate President David Mark may hold the ace in determining who becomes the next Senate President.

But in a statement in Abuja on Wednesday, Buhari said: “I am prepared to work with any leaders that the House or Senate selects.”

He said the statement had become necessary in view of the continued name-dropping in some circles linking his name to some candidates.

Buhari had earlier taken the same position in a statement two weeks ago.

“It doesn’t matter who the person is or where he or she is from. There is due process for the selection of leaders of the National Assembly,” the President-elect said, adding, “And I will not interfere in that process.”

Buhari added that the media and the public should begin to get used to no more “business as usual. “Nigeria has indeed entered a new dispensation.”

“My administration does not intend to repeat the same mistakes made by previous governments.”

Source: http://westernpostnigeria.com/as-senate-presidency-tears-apc-apart-buhari-insists-he-has-no-choice-candidate/
Re: As Senate Presidency Tears APC Apart, Buhari Insists He Has No Choice Candidate by Ama80(f): 5:44pm On May 28, 2015
Senators,most corrupt,selfish set of politicians.
Re: As Senate Presidency Tears APC Apart, Buhari Insists He Has No Choice Candidate by SHARIAREPORTERS: 5:49pm On May 28, 2015
Let dere be crack in d apc I doubt if dey gonna last for 3 months after may 29th
Re: As Senate Presidency Tears APC Apart, Buhari Insists He Has No Choice Candidate by fako1(m): 5:49pm On May 28, 2015
saraki and akume been jostling for this position like do or die. if dey say "oya! declare ur assest". dem go come be lyk high voltage wey need "step down".

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Nigeria's 2015 Presidential Inauguration / If APC Wins, I Will Go On Exile. - Bode George.... / Dogara Lied, His Supporters Were Aware Of APC Mock Election – Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.