Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Brain Teasers - Forum Games (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Brain Teasers (15487 Views)

Visual Brain Teasers / Brain Teasers, How Many Locks Are Open? / Brain Teasers - Lets See How Smart You Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brain Teasers by sparklefresh(f): 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
Abeg bros help here o
Re: Brain Teasers by frob0genius(f): 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
She lied about the time?
Re: Brain Teasers by devilmaycry: 10:39am On Oct 09, 2015
Re: Brain Teasers by devilmaycry: 10:40am On Oct 09, 2015
Frobo
..No..Not about the time ! She lied about the decanter

Here's the answer

Violet was found dead wearing latex gloves, which tend to be
worn exclusively in the lab because they can't risk
compromising their data. Her fingerprints would not have been
found on any laboratory equipment. Detective Wingate
suspected that Meggy had obtained the decanter from the
employee lounge where Violet would have handled it without
gloves on. Meggy placed the decanter in the lab after shooting
her and turned off the light. She then concocted the story about
Dean in order to make him look like the killer.

WeldOne
Re: Brain Teasers by devilmaycry: 10:59am On Oct 09, 2015
DAphne Odoras (plant)

Carol Greenthumb had spent many years growing her prized
and beloved Daphne odoras. They are beautiful flowered
shrubs. These wonderful plants are perfect for the dry, hot area
that Mrs. Greenthumb lives in, as they need little water, and they
are her favorite plants.
Carol had to go on a month-long vacation and she had a
dilemma. She needs someone to watch her garden to make sure
that all the plants were taken care of. She decided to let her
coworker, Maybelle Flower, watch the garden. Mrs. Greenthumb
gave Maybelle very specific instructions on the care of the yard
and told her to be very careful with the expensive Daphne
odoras.

When Mrs. Greenthumb returned from her vacation, Maybelle
was in the yard with the police detectives and the prized shrubs
were missing. Maybelle was telling the detective that someone
must have stolen the expensive plants because they had just
been there the night before. Mrs. Greenthumb overheard her co-
worker saying that she had taken care of the plants all month.
Maybelle said that she had watered them every day and they
were more beautiful then ever.
At that moment, Carol Greenthumb interrupted and told the
detective to arrest Maybelle.

How did Mrs. Greenthumb know it was Maybelle that took the
plants?
Re: Brain Teasers by gidola(m): 11:36am On Oct 09, 2015
Since d plant doesn't need much water, it doesnt need to be watered everyday. So Maybelle saying she watered d plant everyday making them more beautiful is a lie.
Re: Brain Teasers by devilmaycry: 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
gidola:
Since d plant doesn't need much water, it doesnt need to be watered everyday. So Maybelle saying she watered d plant everyday making them more beautiful is a lie.
CORRECT !!!
Re: Brain Teasers by devilmaycry: 3:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
"Rupert Brown's radio was blaring loud enough to wake the dead!" said Betty Beety. "Anyway, I went over to give him a piece of my mind. When I arrived there, I found his front door open, with his feet sticking out!" "Must have been quite a shock," Lieutenant Georgeton said. "Not as big a shock as when I walked in and saw that he had been plugged between the eyes!" "Oh my," Georgeton agreed. "Now tell me Mrs. Beety, did you see or hear anything else?" "Nope, I just flicked off the radio and hightailed it back here to call you folks." Georgeton glowered. "You shouldn't have touched the radio, Mrs. Beety." Georgeton returned to Rupert Brown's trailer and found Sergeant Sprott standing out front with two women. "Lieutenant, this is Allison and Maggie White. They live just across the way. Allison just got home a few moments ago but--" "I saw the killer," Maggie blurted. "Plain as day." "What?! You didn't tell me that!" exclaimed Allison. "I didn't have a chance to tell you anything yet since you got home, with the police being here." "What happened?!" Allison demanded. "Well..." Maggie began. "That woman was running from Rupert's place. I had gone into the kitchen to get a snack, and I just happened to peek out the window to look across at Rupert's and there she was-- running out his door." She sobbed into a pink hanky. Georgeton patted her shoulder. "If you mean Betty Beety, then I've already talked with her." "Did she tell you about throwing the murder weapon in the trash can?" "What?" Georgeton was stunned. "I saw her. She stopped at Rupert's trash can and threw something in." "You saw her throw in a gun?" "She threw in something." Sergeant Sprott crossed to the trash can and leaned all the way in. He did indeed find a recently fired gun right on top. He told Georgeton about his findings. Georgeton turned to Maggie again. "You referred to Brown by his first name, were you two friends?" She nodded. "We broke up last night. He just couldn't be faithful to one woman and--" "He was a heel!" snapped Allison. "Gave you nothing but heartache." "So the two of you broke up, eh?" Georgeton asked. "Yes, but I'm not lying about what I saw. The woman threw something in his trash can!" "How about the gunshot, ma'am, did you hear it?" "No, I--" Tears streamed down her cheeks. "Now look what you've done!" Allison snapped. "Of course she didn't hear the gunshot, his radio was too loud! But she did see the killer." Georgeton turned to Sprott. "You stay here with these two. I'm going to have another talk with Mrs. Beety."
"It was just a couple tissues!" Mrs. Beety sobbed. "That's all I threw in the can. When I saw him shot like that....I- I got queasy, and I saw a tissue dispenser. So I grabbed a couple to cover my mouth..."
"I'll check the can for tissues," Sprott said to Georgeton when he got back from Mrs. Beety's trailer. "Go right ahead. But it's not gonna prove anything," Georgeton replied. "She could have thrown both the gun and the tissues in." "But then we're at dead end!" Georgeton smiled grimly. "Wrong. The killer slipped up. Killers usually do." Whom does Lieutenant Georgeton suspect?
Re: Brain Teasers by gidola(m): 4:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
Betty Beety
Re: Brain Teasers by gidola(m): 5:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
Her first n second conversation between d lieutenant doesn't correlate
Re: Brain Teasers by devilmaycry: 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
gidola:
Her first n second conversation between d lieutenant doesn't correlate
U are wrong SIR ...think harder
Re: Brain Teasers by ovalrose(f): 9:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
Allison.
Re: Brain Teasers by devilmaycry: 10:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
ovalrose:
Allison.
How ma'am
Re: Brain Teasers by devilmaycry: 10:54pm On Oct 09, 2015
ovalrose:
Allison.
How ma'am
Re: Brain Teasers by ovalrose(f): 11:05am On Oct 10, 2015
"of course she didnt hear it,the radio was on at full blast. but she saw the killer". how could she possibly know that when Maggie claimed that she hadnt been able to tell her anything since she got back?
Re: Brain Teasers by katerine7(f): 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
Allison did it,she just got home but knew d radio was loud
Re: Brain Teasers by procy7(m): 9:17am On Jan 26, 2016
the seventh house from right!
Re: Brain Teasers by vault(m): 5:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
how come Allison knew anything about the radio being too loud? its allison
Re: Brain Teasers by devilmaycry: 9:02am On Jun 11, 2016
frob0genius vault katerine7 ovalrose gidola sparklefresh sparklefresh Nomswilli Girltee1 can we revive this ?..let me get on it...if yes and sowiee for not been around
Re: Brain Teasers by Girltee1(f): 8:36pm On Jun 11, 2016
devilmaycry:
fr.ob0genius vau.lt ka.terine7 o.valrose gi.dola sparklefre.sh Noms.willi Girltee1 can we revive this ?..let me get on it...if yes and sowiee for not been around
Sure. I've been waiting to hear from you.smiley
Re: Brain Teasers by devilmaycry: 9:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
Girltee1:
Sure. I've been waiting to hear from you.smiley
okay ...cool... Mystery Case up in sum mins
Re: Brain Teasers by devilmaycry: 9:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
Re: Brain Teasers by devilmaycry: 9:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
The police were checking the place. Outside,
Mary, Mr. Olson's faithful secretary, was a mass
of nerves. Inspector Will was reviewing the
facts:
1. Mr. Olson has been murdered. The murderer
buried a stiletto through the back of the chair
and right through his heart.
2. All the place was a mess, but nothing seems
to be lost. Some sheets on his desk had coffee
stains, but Mr. Olson was not a coffee drinker.
There was no coffee container of any kind in
the office. There were a couple of gloves in the
floor.
3. Mary had in her visit book just three
announcements: Hari Colton (2:35), Louis
Williams (3:10) and Joseph Markis (3:45).
Mary says that Joseph was the only one to serve
himself a cup of coffee in a paper cup.
4. The cup of coffee was found in Mary's
wastebasket. She claims that Joseph entered Mr.
Olson's office with the cup in his hands, and
then he left it in her desk, so she took it and
threw it away.
5. The stiletto had no fingerprints at all, but the
paper cup was all covered with one type of
fingerprint: Joseph's (they had a mobile
fingerprint lab).
6. Mr. Olson's wristwatch was broken, probably
due to the fight, and it showed the time at 3:50.
Inspector Will then talked to Mary, to tell her
she was under arrest.
Why did he suspect her?
Re: Brain Teasers by Girltee1(f): 11:21pm On Jun 11, 2016
She claimed she threw the paper cup into her wastebasket but her fingeprints were not on it...My analysis of the whole scenario is; immediately joseph left, she put gloves on and killed Mr olson with the stiletto(since thr were no fingerprints on it). Joseph must have left the cup(which still contained some coffee) on mr olson's table. So it ws during the struggle between mary nd mr olson that the coffee spilled on the table. Mary picked up the cup(with gloves still on) and went out to throw it into her wastebasket. She then came back and changed the time on mr olson's watch to 3:50 (to make joseph look guilty), and then she removed the gloves and dropped them in the office.

1 Like

Re: Brain Teasers by Girltee1(f): 11:28pm On Jun 11, 2016
Devilmaycry...is my analysis correct? embarassed
Re: Brain Teasers by devilmaycry: 6:53pm On Jun 12, 2016
Girltee1:
She claimed she threw the paper cup into her wastebasket but her fingeprints were not on it...My analysis of the whole scenario is; immediately joseph left, she put gloves on and killed Mr olson with the stiletto(since thr were no fingerprints on it). Joseph must have left the cup(which still contained some coffee) on mr olson's table. So it ws during the struggle between mary nd mr olson that the coffee spilled on the table. Mary picked up the cup(with gloves still on) and went out to throw it into her wastebasket. She then came back and changed the time on mr olson's watch to 3:50 (to make joseph look guilty), and then she removed the gloves and dropped them in the office.
well...YU are right about the glove stuff....cos from the line up you did see that
The stiletto had no fingerprints at all, but the
paper cup was all covered with one type of
fingerprint: Joseph's (they had a mobile
fingerprint lab). Yet she claimed she took it and threw it away .so she's definitely a suspect .Nice one Girltee1
Re: Brain Teasers by devilmaycry: 7:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
In the city of Jackson Heights many things were going wrong. The city had the highest unemployment rate, the highest crime rate, and on top of that they were just going through a public transportation strike. On a serene, peaceful evening chaos broke loose. A very well-known, distinguished lady, Mademoiselle Pierre, had been murdered. Two men had been arrested. One was Jean-Philip Dumoulin. The other was Thomas Curdilack. Jean-Philip's story: "I was walking down the street to get a bite to eat when I heard a lady scream. I ran around the corner and I saw Mademoiselle Pierre lying on the ground. Standing over her was Thomas Curdilack. As soon as he saw me he turned and ran away. I then called the police." Thomas Curdilack's story: " I was taking the bus down to the Lakeshore Club to play poker with my buddies. As I got off, I heard a scream from around the corner. I ran around and saw Jean-Philip stabbing Mademoiselle Pierre. I chased him, but he got away. I then called the police." The chief detective told the police to arrest Thomas Curdilack. What made him so sure it was Thomas Curdilack?
Re: Brain Teasers by frob0genius(f): 7:17pm On Jun 12, 2016
Transportation strike
Re: Brain Teasers by devilmaycry: 7:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
frob0genius:
Transportation strike
yeap dahs it...and btw welcome back Frobo
Re: Brain Teasers by devilmaycry: 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2016
After Andrew had been sick for a week, he asked his best friend Jesse to get his books out of his locker. Instead of telling Jesse the three number combination Andrew said he kept a small piece of paper with the combination under his locker door. After school Jesse went to Andrew's locker and pulled the paper. On the paper was written: 24 24 22 9 9 9 9 22 24 22 9 9. Thinking this would be easy but a little tedious, Jesse entered in every arrangement of 24, 22, and 9 there was without the lock opening. Realizing there was something behind these numbers that he wasn't noticing, Jesse sat down for a few minutes to think it out. After ten minutes of intense thinking, Jesse went to the locker, entered the combination into the lock and it opened. What was the combination?
Re: Brain Teasers by Girltee1(f): 8:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
336?
Re: Brain Teasers by devilmaycry: 9:09pm On Jun 12, 2016
Girltee1:
336?
Nope ..you wrong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Its Funtime!! Let's Kill English Anyway We Can. / Naughty Or Nice / Imagine:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.