Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,861 members, 7,838,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Kuku Bids Farewell, Pledges To Continue On Peace Advocacy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kuku Bids Farewell, Pledges To Continue On Peace Advocacy (391 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours / FG Slams 90-count Criminal Charge On Peace Corps / Kuku Bids Farewell, Pledges To Continue On Peace Advocacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kuku Bids Farewell, Pledges To Continue On Peace Advocacy by jk18: 9:05pm On May 28, 2015
The Special Adviser to President Jonathan on Niger Delta and Chairman of the Presidential Amnesty Programme (PAP), Mr. Kingsley Kuku, bid farewell to ex-agitators and other beneficiaries of the Amnesty programme while pledging to continue on peace advocacy as he rounds up his national assignment with the expiration of Jonathan’s Presidency.

The Ijaw leader and former state legislator in Ondo State gave comprehensive accounts of his challenges, successes and legacies as the head of PAP at a valedictory press conference in Abuja on Wednesday.

He said he will be living the office as a fulfilled man having delivered excellently on the mandate of the Amnesty scheme and secured the the mainstay of Nigeria’s economy – oil – through the relative peace in the Niger-Delta areas which was made possible by the management of the Amnesty programme.

Meanwhile, contrary to speculation that he was unwilling to work with the incoming government after the defeat suffered by his boss, Kuku has given assurance that he will continue on peace advocacy and will offer necessary assistance to his successor.

He said, “I will continue to offer my expertise and give useful contacts to my successor and the incoming government in ensuring sustainable peace and development in Nigeria particularly in the Niger-Delta region

“I will not cease to advocate for peace in my personal capacity and inspire a generation of peace advocates in order to keep our dear country, Nigeria, as one”, he said.
http://poligist.com/kuku-bids-farewell-pledges-to-continue-on-peace-advocacy/

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan Presents Handover Note To Buhari / Drop Your Prayers For Pmb And Gej Here, In Your Own Language! / Make Out Time To RATE/SCORE Goodluck Jonathan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.