Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Is It Now A Crime To Overtake A Large Vehicle? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is It Now A Crime To Overtake A Large Vehicle? (527 Views)

Abuja, Where It Is A Crime To Sit At The Back. / Vehicle Sinks After Bridge Collapses In Dubban Fulani, Gombe State / Nigeria To Overtake Uk , France In Economy Growth By 2030 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Now A Crime To Overtake A Large Vehicle? by favouryemmy: 11:14pm On May 28, 2015
Earlier this week I heard of an incident that happened on the highway between Ondo and Ore where some people I know were involved in an accident. How did it happen? The driver of the bus was trying to overtake a lorry and the lorry driver callously steered his lorry and hit them into the bus and their bus summersaulted injuring several of them. The question is: is it now a crime to overtake a lorry on the highway? This is not the first time I'll be hearing such stories but why should such callous acts continue? Thank God these ones lived to tell the story but some of them are in critical condition.
From the information I have, this notorious act is very common with some people from a certain part of this country. While it is clear that several of those drivers don't value human lives, I wish to give you some tips in overtaking large vehicles on the highway since it might be unavoidable sometimes:
1. If you wish to overtake such a vehicle ensure that no vehicle is coming from the opposite direction or at least let it be very far away.
2. Ensure you have ample space to manoeuvre both on the other lane and beside the lane.
3. Ensure you give the said vehicle a very wide gap while overtaking so that they can not easlly knock you off the road if they try to do so. If there is a wide gap then, the driver would also be in serious danger if he tries to navigate that wide gap just to get to you and this can tip his vehicle over so he would not likely try to do so.
4. When you are doing so, do it with great speed so that you can quickly move ahead.
5. If you overtake and you see he is chasing you, if your car is not that fast and you feel he may catch you, never allow him to get to you while youre in motion. Clear your car at the nearest junction or at the nearest town and stop and allow him pass and if you move again never try to overtake him until you part roads since it is clear that he is desperate.
I wish you all safe trips.

Cc: lalasticlala

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Photo: President Buhari Return To Nigeria / Mr. President, Beware Of The Day Of Subsidy Removal / Hilarious Notice In A Restaurant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.