Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,177 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury (23441 Views)

Bola Tinubu Receives Umar Ganduje In Lagos (Photos) / Umar Ganduje Watching The Europa Finals Between Portugal And France / Abdullahi Umar-ganduje Gives 15 Cars To Security Agencies In Kano State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by Kingspin(m): 12:44am On May 29, 2015
KANO—The Transition Committee set up by Kano State Governor- elect, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Thursday, said that the outgoing governor, Rabi’u Kwankwaso has not only left an empty treasury but additional liability of N379 billion.

Chairman of the 93-member committee and Deputy Governor-elect, Professor Hafiz Abubakar, who read the abridged copy of its final report stated that ‘’hard times await Kano and it might take patience to get along.’’

Abubakar, a professor of Food Nutrition gave the break down of liability by the Kwankwaso’s administration adding that the total capital receipt to the state between May 2011 and May 2015 stood at N 419.75 billion out of which N430.6 billion was spent.

He further said total capital receipt by the 44 local government areas of the state within the same period stood at N346.591 billion which was expended on joint projects between the state government and the local governments.

Abubakar who served Kwankwaso as Commissioner for Finance between 1999-2003 explained that the outgoing administration initiated over 4,000 projects, for which over N140 billion was paid to contractors with N4.5billion still outstanding.

KANO—The Transition Committee set up by Kano State Governor- elect, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Thursday, said that the outgoing governor, Rabi’u Kwankwaso has not only left an empty treasury but additional liability of N379 billion.
Chairman of the 93-member committee and Deputy Governor-elect, Professor Hafiz Abubakar, who read the abridged copy of its final report stated that ‘’hard times await Kano and it might take patience to get along.’’
Abubakar, a professor of Food Nutrition gave the break down of liability by the Kwankwaso’s administration adding that the total capital receipt to the state between May 2011 and May 2015 stood at N 419.75 billion out of which N430.6 billion was spent.
He further said total capital receipt by the 44 local government areas of the state within the same period stood at N346.591 billion which was expended on joint projects between the state government and the local governments.
Abubakar who served Kwankwaso as Commissioner for Finance between 1999-2003 explained that the outgoing administration initiated over 4,000 projects, for which over N140 billion was paid to contractors with N4.5billion still outstanding.
Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by Hishowlau(m): 12:49am On May 29, 2015
FTC.. for the second time today.feeling great. it is a sign of divine upliftment for me in dis new goverment. click like if u wish urself dsame

hmmm

9 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by Vicadonis(m): 12:50am On May 29, 2015
heheheheheheheh... changiiii

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by Kingspin(m): 1:03am On May 29, 2015
Thank God is coming from gov-elect, becos this APC people work in secret. They can steal the whole money no newspaper can report them. Is like the change have 2face. Õne for Apc while the other is for the masses. Just like they use to say Jonathan is a thief, Fashola a saint-governor but, Akpabio emerge the best governor. APC or PDP, Nigerians Stay tune!

87 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by ifyan(m): 1:12am On May 29, 2015
APC hmmmmm mm what can I say than their character.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by ifyan(m): 1:12am On May 29, 2015
APC hmmmmm mm what can I say than their character.

You know. ....

7 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by Nobody: 1:44am On May 29, 2015
But this is a man who was part of the outgoing administration for goodness sake as deputy governor. How can he be accusing the outgoing governor ?

Secondly...the governor single handedly chose him as candidate despite all odds and yet this is how to repay him?

Let the deputy turned governor remember that kwankwasiya is a movement....fight him at your own peril...learn from the humility of the past ...half a word is enough.

Kwankwaso is loved by his people home n abroad for the quality of infrastructure he is leaving behind..not the money in the coffers. Money is meant to be spent for the good of the people

Ps: all of u insulting me...hmmm...don't cry when Ganduje is impeached o. Kwankwaso controls 100% of house. I am not saying ge shouldn't expiae fraud...all i am saying is this isn't the path of wisdom.read thr 48 laws of power

15 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by nnanyereugo(m): 1:52am On May 29, 2015
soe:
But this is a man who was part of the outgoing administration for goodness sake as deputy governor. How can he be accusing the outgoing governor ?

Secondly...the governor single handedly chose him as candidate despite all odds and yet this is how to repay him?

Let the deputy turned governor remember that kwankwasiya is a movement....fight him at your own peril...learn from the humility of the past ...half a word is enough.

Kwankwaso is loved by his people home n abroad for the quality of infrastructure he is leaving behind..not the money in the coffers. Money is meant to be spent for the good of the people

So d man shuld shut up n cover up d corruption cos d outgoing governor pikd him for d job, guy na wa for u ooo. N hia u r shoutn change n dat buhari shuld nt only fite corruption bt xpoz dem all... pls don't b a hypocrite undecided

119 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by Andromalius: 2:01am On May 29, 2015
Why are different Medias reporting this differently :

http://leadership.ng/news/436775/ganduje-inherits-n105bn-debt-on-uncompleted-projects-transition-committee

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/news-menu/news/55951-ganduje-inherits-n294-5bn-debt

Is no one gonna hold the Media in this COuntry accountable ?

How the hell can a Media report that someone accused someone of leaving empty treasury (and ofcourse that led to ldiots with blogs twisting it even farther to claim he accused him of looting), when that NEVER happened?

All the transition commitee said was that the Kwankwaso Government is leaving a debt of N105bn, or N294bn or N330bn (apparently no one can even get the Numbers right), And that somehow translates to accusation of looting or whatever? My God people are stupid.

Note: This is addressed to Pathetic PDP apologists who wanna jump on this opportunity presented to them by their fellow apologists in the Media.

4 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by modath(f): 3:51am On May 29, 2015
soe:

Bros did you really come up with the bolded? haba nah, I expect better... Ganduje may have expected some debts but the reality of the figure he discovered may have been a great shock to him.

We may support Baba wholeheartedly, it doesn't mean we should allow all wrongdoings go unchallenged, it doesn't necessary follow that there should be acrimony but it is right to complain.

As for me take out Baba & Fashola, my romance with APC is done!!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by Nobody: 4:19am On May 29, 2015
The truth is that no development-driven governor will have millions in reserve when his state is poor in terms of development.

Only economic genius like Peter Obi can work and save at the same time. So Mr. Governor-elect, get to work and stop complaining like Amaechi.

Move it or loose it. undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by Blackfire(m): 4:20am On May 29, 2015
Kano people is this the change?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by ramdris(m): 4:49am On May 29, 2015
Debt is not a bad thing so far there are vital projects and infrastructures to show how the money was spent so far the debt is not too much.

1 Like

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by obinoral1179(m): 4:55am On May 29, 2015
Show me the state that is debt free and I will tell you how poor the state is,in terms of infrastructure,but money must be spend wisely

1 Like

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by Nobody: 5:51am On May 29, 2015
nnanyereugo:

So d man shuld shut up n cover up d corruption cos d outgoing governor pikd him for d job, guy na wa for u ooo. N hia u r shoutn change n dat buhari shuld nt only fite corruption bt xpoz dem all... pls don't b a hypocrite undecided
modath:

Bros did you really come up with the bolded? haba nah, I expect better... Ganduje may have expected some debts but the reality of the figure he discovered may have been a great shock to him.

We may support Baba wholeheartedly, it doesn't mean we should allow all wrongdoings go unchallenged, it doesn't necessary follow that there should be acrimony but it is right to complain.

As for me take out Baba & Fashola, my romance with APC is done!!
i just feel the manner he is going about it is delicate. Very soon he will either decamp or factionalise the party. I am sure there are better ways to handle things like this...i know what i am saying cos others have handled it much wisely.

Ps: If all critics on NL sound like Modath above... NL would be fun...i can feel the sense of respect in that response... I think this is the first time i will reply a 'mention' without having to yab the person's parental history...God forgive me.. Change is in the air.

4 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by Caseless: 5:56am On May 29, 2015
Am I the only one who sees this report as being coterminous to an euhedral mendacity? Ofcourse, this is a lie!

5 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by dadexcel: 5:57am On May 29, 2015
soe:

. ....................I couldn't help but respond to this; so my because kwankwaso nominated him to cover his loot and he decided to spill the beans , then he should be crucified? So because of the so called corruption ridden kwankwaso movement which is riddled with deceipt., propaganda, and lies, his deputy turned governor who has surprisingly decided to open-up to the masses should be afraid? You APC sympathisers I always amazed at your thought lines! God will deliver this country that I know pretty well!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by omenka(m): 6:00am On May 29, 2015
But we know how the money was spent. They are there for all to see.

1 Like

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by aare07(m): 6:02am On May 29, 2015
Haha
Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by Caseless: 6:05am On May 29, 2015
soe:

I just don't want to believe this story came from Ganduje. He's too loyal to be this garrulous. Prof hafiz is a loyal boy of kwankwaso, he can't come up with such accusation.
Ganduje knows those kwankwaso fought and defeated, so he wont even dare to play dirty at this point in time. Kwankwaso has 100% of the state house of assembly and, you know what that means.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by Chigold101(m): 6:13am On May 29, 2015
Kingspin:
KANO—The Transition Committee set up by Kano State Governor- elect, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Thursday, said that the outgoing governor, Rabi’u Kwankwaso has not only left an empty treasury but additional liability of N379 billion. Chairman of the 93-member committee and Deputy Governor-elect, Professor Hafiz Abubakar, who read the abridged copy of its final report stated that ‘’hard times await Kano and
it might take patience to get along.’’ Abubakar, a professor of Food Nutrition gave the break down of liability by the Kwankwaso’s administration adding that the total capital receipt to the state between May 2011 and May 2015 stood at N 419.75 billion out of which N430.6 billion was spent. He further said total capital receipt by the 44 local government areas of the state within the same period stood at N346.591 billion which was expended on joint projects between the state government and the local governments. Abubakar who served Kwankwaso as Commissioner for Finance between 1999-2003 explained that the outgoing administration initiated over 4,000 projects, for which over N140 billion was paid to contractors with N4.5billion still outstanding.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/gov-elect-accuses-kwankwaso-of-leaving-empty-treasury/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook
lolzzzzz
adon belive this...

But if this is true... let us wait until we hear the bomb shell from River state...

3 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by idupaul: 6:16am On May 29, 2015
soe:

Seems you go to Kano a lot
Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by Welrez(m): 6:24am On May 29, 2015
Sentimentality is a very dangerous disease to infect voters anywhere. Unfortunately, the media are ever ready to spur it on to ease their intended propaganda. If the media are to reveal the reality on ground, I swear it won't take Nigerians long to discern the sameness of looting of treasuries bw the PDP and APC.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by okiezman(m): 6:36am On May 29, 2015
nnanyereugo:

U can imagine the kind of change they proclaimed to us with their actions they all hypocrits

2 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by Christoskurion: 7:02am On May 29, 2015
Ok
Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by kosovo(m): 7:03am On May 29, 2015
soe:

I thought the bolded words are one the most foolish statement I have read in Weeks. Coming from a so-called change agent makes it more damning.

I never knew it was the out-going governor that installs a new governor in Nigeria's democracy. Only in Nigeria do we have people talking with both side of their lips.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by ellechrystal(f): 7:07am On May 29, 2015
soe:

your hypocrisy knows no bounds. so he should ke3p shut n die? wen d apc goons were shouting dat johna emptied d treasury, did u remind them that they were part of d government? ?
hypocrite

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by Nobody: 7:10am On May 29, 2015
kosovo:

I thought the bolded words are one the most foolish statement I have read in Weeks. Coming from a so-called change agent makes it more damning.

I never knew it was the out-going governor that installs a new governor in Nigeria's democracy. Only in Nigeria do we have people talking with both side of their lips.

gubernatorial candidate ooo
Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by modath(f): 7:45am On May 29, 2015
soe:

Ps: If all critics on NL sound like Modath above... NL would be fun...i can feel the sense of respect in that response... I think this is the first time i will reply a 'mention' without having to yab the person's parental history...God forgive me.. Change is in the air.

cheesy... I'm/was a student of both literature and philosophy & i know a thing or two about critcal reasoning.... In both, you cticise all day and the main objective of such critique is to make absolute and perfect "sense",either "for" or against.

Insults don't make sense and its not my forte.

Even when trolls "mention" my ID & rain curses and abuses, I just don't see the point of laying it all down especially when the person is faceless,may change ID tomorrow & begin to agree with me and I wouldn't know any different.

Moreover I'm a mum raising kids who in a few years are going to become Teens, so I know how to ignore tantrums.....

Change is indeed here and we'll all be better for it. Never been this excited about this country since Abacha's demise *covers face*.

3 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by jerome4u(m): 7:46am On May 29, 2015
I don,t kno y some pipo in this tread re blaming d incoming governor for exposing the bitter truth, change indeed, am fan of buhari but am not a fan of APC.

2 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by Nobody: 7:57am On May 29, 2015
none of my business

1 Like

Re: Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury by Nobody: 7:58am On May 29, 2015
APC.... CHANGE

FOOLS

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akpabio Elected Senate Minority Leader / Shehu Sani - Those Agitating For Biafra Have Never Seen War / "Apologise To Governor Ortom" - Reps Order Police IG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.