Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,611 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Headlights And Toothpaste Trick - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Headlights And Toothpaste Trick (3065 Views)

How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC / Wanted: BMW 3 Series (4 Headlights) For Racing! / How To Adjust Car Headlights (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by haykay2005: 3:22am On May 29, 2015
Can someone put me tru on how to clean the car headlight with toothpaste? I watched the video on YouTube and the result is wonderful. Now, Have used like four toothpaste(Pepsodent, close up, olive and maxam) but no positive result yet. Please, what brand of toothpaste can do the magic in Nigeria. And if you have another home made trick, please share with the house. Thank you
Re: Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by eherbal(m): 5:30am On May 29, 2015
haykay2005:
Can someone put me tru on how to clean the car headlight with toothpaste? I watched the video on YouTube and the result is wonderful. Now, Have used like four toothpaste(Pepsodent, close up, olive and maxam) but no positive result yet. Please, what brand of toothpaste can do the magic in Nigeria. And if you have another home made trick, please share with the house. Thank you
use a blue or green gel toothpaste. Apply with chamois leather or abrasive paper. Leave it on for an hour or so. Wash off with water till squeaky. Dry off. Now apply turtle wax or any other quality wax. Leave for an hour or so. Wipe off with water. Dry off. Voila! Thank me later. grin
Re: Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by billy187(m): 6:10am On May 29, 2015
Hmmm..pepsodent should have done the trick.Maybe your headlights are oxidated on the inside? Try posting some pics here.
Re: Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by haykay2005: 6:37am On May 29, 2015
Pepsodent is not working oooooo

Re: Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:14am On May 29, 2015
haykay2005:

Stop wasting toothpaste, go and buy abro headlight resoration......... Its like 1k, follow instructions if it does not work headlight is far gone.

1 Like

Re: Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by haykay2005: 7:29am On May 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Stop wasting toothpaste, go and buy abro headlight resoration......... Its like 1k, follow instructions if it does not work headlight is far gone.
I heard abro doesn't work oooo
Re: Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:32am On May 29, 2015
haykay2005:

I heard abro doesn't work oooo

Buy sensodine it works well. angry
Re: Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by billy187(m): 11:11am On May 29, 2015
haykay2005:
Pepsodent is not working oooooo

hmm...how does the headlight feel to touch? if it feels slightly abrasive, another toothpaste should work but if it feels pretty smooth, it most likely an internal problem.

P.S :is that a Ford windstar? I'm really fond of those vans for some reason. Hope yours is treating ypu well?
Re: Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by Raymie(m): 1:14pm On May 29, 2015
I recommend toothpaste with slight abrasions. The gel types do not seem to be very effective. Try baking soda/baking powder or even brake fluid.
Re: Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Buy sensodine it works well. angry
grin
Vexation cheesy
He can try tomato paste shocked
Re: Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by haykay2005: 4:04pm On May 29, 2015
billy187:

hmm...how does the headlight feel to touch? if it feels slightly abrasive, another toothpaste should work but if it feels pretty smooth, it most likely an internal problem.

P.S :is that a Ford windstar? I'm really fond of those vans for some reason. Hope yours is treating ypu well?
It feels abrasive . A dirty potion peel off in the process. Yeah it's a windstar and running smoothly. Maintenance is the key my brother
Re: Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by haykay2005: 4:07pm On May 29, 2015
lomomike:
grin
Vexation cheesy
He can try tomato paste shocked
Are you serious?
Re: Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by d33types: 7:47am On May 30, 2015
works only for plastic headlight covers i believe..for glass you only need to wash properly.

for my glass headlights,the panelB had to replace the shiny interior of the light cover,
Re: Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by billy187(m): 7:01am On May 31, 2015
haykay2005:

It feels abrasive . A dirty potion peel off in the process. Yeah it's a windstar and running smoothly. Maintenance is the key my brother

Great to know! Well, seems your headlights have oxidized from the outside-fortunately. If toothpaste doesn't work you can try out the more expensive specialized stuff -like what Gazzuzz recommended. It may or may not work though. Good luck!
Re: Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by Nobody: 7:52am On May 31, 2015
haykay2005:

Are you serious?
Of course angry

Not, I was only joking cheesy
Re: Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by eherbal(m): 12:35pm On May 31, 2015
angry angry angryNigga, so because I'm not Gazzuzz or lomomikeor Siena or ikenna , you decided to ignore my post. Did you even try it at all? Na so una go dey use aldomet for paracetamol cure angry angry angry
Re: Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by haykay2005: 9:27pm On May 31, 2015
eherbal:
angry angry angryNigga, so because I'm not Gazzuzz or lomomikeor Siena or ikenna , you decided to ignore my post. Did you even try it at all? Na so una go dey use aldomet for paracetamol cure angry angry angry
I tried it immediately sir. Still not working

1 Like

Re: Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by chucky234(m): 7:12am On Jun 01, 2015
eherbal:
Pain?
Don't worry you'll get there....

1 Like

Re: Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by 9icetoo(m): 7:23pm On Jun 01, 2015
If its external oxidation, the YouTube technique works. However, it takes a lot of effort. You might have to spend up to thirty minutes seriously scrubbing one headlight in circles to get the desired results. I spent 45 mins on mine and had to do it twice to get the headlamps to shine a but. Use a handkerchief and let the toothpaste gel stay for about 15 minutes before you start scrubbing. I used sensodyne for the first try and close up (red one) for the second try. I suggest you do this in the morning or evening cause it requires a lot of effort and the sun might wear you out quickly.
My headlights don't look brand new after it but the unsightly brown coat is gone.
Re: Headlights And Toothpaste Trick by eherbal(m): 9:12pm On Jun 01, 2015
haykay2005:

I tried it immediately sir. Still not working
then I suggest you change the whole set bro. That was the best formula yet cool

(1) (Reply)

Which One Should I Go For? Honda Accord Halla 95model Or Camry 94 Model Orobo / Install GPS Tracker On Your Car And Get Peace Of Mind. / BMW 3 Series Vs Mercedes C Class & 190

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.