Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria (1314 Views)

Why Did We Stop Using Coins In Nigeria? / Buhari Gives Zahra Out For 12 Gold Coins / Just In, Inec Not Using Card Verification Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by Badguytinz(m): 9:46am On May 29, 2015
Pls can someone give me a viable reason why we don't use coins in nigeria?.
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:41am On May 29, 2015
Man i advise you go take lessons on commerce.
Haven`t you heard of the word 'PORTABILITY'.
Nigeria is advancing in all aspects of life. Guy, we are no longer in the ancient times.
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06am On May 29, 2015
angryBecause it tears the pocket
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by socialmediaman: 11:14am On May 29, 2015
@op very valid question, because in a way it would reduce the rise of inflation on consumed products, but coins would much more useful when most businesses use e-payment, and they should be light and portable too.

I remember having so much coins in my last visit to the U.S. that I had to donate them to someone's piggy bank
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by NoMoreTrolling: 11:15am On May 29, 2015
Dnarvaez:
Nigeria is advancing in all aspects of life. Guy, we are no longer in the ancient times.

I'm very sorry to say this, but a lot of Nigerians are very daft, including this nigggah here.

Nigerias problem seems to be that it's population consists of more daft people than sane ppl, like this nigggah here.

I just read a thread on the front page about GEJs pic in the airport and another daft soul was going on with criticism about how he was walking alone, entirely confusing the topic of discussion. You would think such comment won't get any like, but as always, there was an army of daft ppl who poured in likes on the comment that was obviously a grave error in the eyes of sane minds.

Guy please, don't be daft.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by eazisky(m): 11:19am On May 29, 2015
Dnarvaez:

are u ok at all? What ancient time are u talking about? the likes of U.S.A, Rusia, England are still using coins, does that mean they are still in ancient time? this question from op is a nice question, incase u dnt knw, using coins will better our economy, not only against dollars but also good for our traders, just that our leaders lack good advisers

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by Sweetguy25: 11:29am On May 29, 2015
Bad monetary policy.
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:30am On May 29, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:

I'm very sorry to say this, but a lot of Nigerians are very daft, including this nigggah here.

Nigerias problem seems to be that it's population consists of more daft people than sane ppl, like this nigggah here.

I just read a thread on the front page about GEJs pic in the airport and another daft soul was going on with criticism about how he was walking alone, entirely confusing the topic of discussion. You would think such comment won't get any like, but as always, there was an army of daft ppl who poured in likes on the comment that was obviously a grave error in the eyes of sane minds.

You`re highly irrelevant.
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by sinizia: 11:34am On May 29, 2015
Dnarvaez:

You are the real definition of dumbness. Even America that's well advanced uses coins.
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:36am On May 29, 2015
eazisky:

are u ok at all? What ancient time are u talking about? the likes of U.S.A, Rusia, England are still using coins, does that mean they are still in ancient time? this question from op is a nice question, incase u dnt knw, using coins will better our economy, not only against dollars but also good for our traders, just that our leaders lack good advisers
I think everyone on this forum is entitled to his/her opinion of which I`m inclined to. But ur first question wasn`t necessary though.
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by sinizia: 11:38am On May 29, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:

You shouldn't be surprised, even the Bible said; "my people perish because of lack of wisdom." They're a lot dumb people on NL. No wonder Yaba Left and other mental assylums keep reporting of missing patients. My advice is that you wear a "dumb-proof vest" on so you won't ge infected. The struggle is real. sad

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by eazisky(m): 11:39am On May 29, 2015
Dnarvaez:

I think everyone on this forum is entitled to his/her opinion of which I`m inclined to. But ur first question wasn`t necessary though.

Ok i am sorry, pls forgive me, have u forgiven me?
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by mikolo80: 11:39am On May 29, 2015
Dnarvaez:
Obviously ignoring durability and change wahala
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:39am On May 29, 2015
sinizia:

You are the real definition of dumbness. Even America that's well advanced uses coins.
Move along... Retards don`t quote me okay.
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by mikolo80: 11:39am On May 29, 2015
Dnarvaez:
Obviously ignoring durability and change wahala. We don't use Coins cos they're worthless
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:40am On May 29, 2015
eazisky:

Ok i am sorry, pls forgive me, have u forgiven me?
Yeah. No hard feelings.
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by mikolo80: 11:41am On May 29, 2015
Badguytinz:
cos cbn refuse to make hundred Naira and below coins. They're practically doing 1Naira work of 1980
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by mikolo80: 11:43am On May 29, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Bad monetary policy.
in not more than three bullet points,explain
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:44am On May 29, 2015
mikolo80:
Obviously ignoring durability and change wahala. We don't use Coins cos they're worthless
Thank God atleast there`s someone with same mindset as I.
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by mikolo80: 11:48am On May 29, 2015
Dnarvaez:

others have right to their opinions...about you inclusive.That's why you should think before you talk in public otherwise...you will be called out..if you don't wanna be insulted don't say "stupid"/unpopular shitt (like a dumbasss )or better yet keep quiet(like a coward). Hard choice
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by NoMoreTrolling: 3:45pm On May 30, 2015
sinizia:

You shouldn't be surprised, even the Bible said; "my people perish because of lack of wisdom." They're a lot dumb people on NL. No wonder Yaba Left and other mental assylums keep reporting of missing patients. My advice is that you wear a "dumb-proof vest" on so you won't ge infected. The struggle is real. sad

Lol, it's beyond real! We just have to make sure we do our part to educate as well, phew!
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by Badguytinz(m): 6:12am On Jun 02, 2015
socialmediaman:
@op very valid question, because in a way it would reduce the rise of inflation on consumed products, but coins would much more useful when most businesses use e-payment, and they should be light and portable too.

I remember having so much coins in my last visit to the U.S. that I had to donate them to someone's piggy bank

I second your opinion
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 6:21am On Jun 02, 2015
Badguytinz:

Nigerians said they are bigger than coins, i blame CBN
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 6:22am On Jun 02, 2015
Dnarvaez:

The US/UK and other countries that uses coin are ancient?
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 6:31am On Jun 02, 2015
lalasticlala i heard you are the mod? Oya do the needful please
Re: Why Are We Not Using Coins In Nigeria by easystudy101: 6:48am On Jun 02, 2015
Dnarvaez:

Shut up already. Coins are still in use in all advanced countries

(1) (Reply)

Photos - Lady Fuel Hawkers In Abuja! / Nigerians react to the dissolution of NNPC board of directors on twitter. / A Comparism Between The Boko Haram Struggle And The Biafra Struggle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.