Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,843 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:26 PM

Keys To Finding A Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Keys To Finding A Job (496 Views)

Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape / 5 Simple Quick Steps To Finding A Job And Making More Money / 3 Keys To Turning Down A Job Offer Without Burning Bridges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keys To Finding A Job by Nobody: 9:49am On May 29, 2015
• Access the hidden job market: Who gets the best job? Is it the most qualified applicant? No. It is not always the most qualified applicant but the most effective job seeker. Accessing the hidden job market is a way to show you are a more effective job seeker. What do I mean by accessing the hidden market? If you are looking for work only by responding to newspaper or internet ads, you will miss majority of available jobs. A good number of jobs are never advertised. How can you have access to this hidden job market? In addition to responding to advertisements, find time each week to call on businesses that you think may have jobs you can do. Do not wait until they advertise positions. Spread your résumés across many companies or organisations and keep following up. This has worked for me personally. I often get my CV across to as many companies as possible and some would call once there’s a job opportunity. If a manager tells you he has no job for you ask if he knows where else you might look. If possible ask him to direct you to whom you might speak to. If the response is positive, make an appointment with that company and let them know who referred you. Also, do not forget to let friends and family know that you are looking for work. Even if they do not know of any available job at the moment they will likely inform you when a job opportunity shows up. You may follow the link in the box to read more.

(1) (Reply)

Marketing Executives Needed / Pls Fellaz I Really Need A Job / Who Else Got An Invites From Infotek Perspective Services Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.