Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience (9478 Views)

Best 100 Companies To Work For In Nigeria - By Jobberman / Get a well written CV / What Job Seeker Needs To Learn From Jobberman Recent Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by platodeen(m): 11:36am On May 29, 2015
Hi everyone, I really so not know how to express myself. However, I implore readers to comrehend adequately and share their experience and observation as naiaraland is the last home to do that after trying all other homes.

I have been into job search for quite some time now, but was always unsuccessful in my quest. But each time I think am lucky, it's only always a call from job scammers.
In order not to bug you with much details, I have been asked to pay the sum of 15,000 to get my CV rewritten by Jobber man with a promise of a consequent job call. But, 'N15000' for a job searcher? Come to think of it, if actually one is definitely going to get a call from an authentic employer and not scammers, of course I will give it a nod. But if otherwise, N15000 is equivalent to 15000000 for a job searcher like me grin
Please share your experience and advice as I uncompromisingly accept criticm and all 'proscriptive tools' possessed by some naralanders. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by honestpoju: 12:06pm On May 29, 2015
SAME HERE. BUT KO JO. PAY MONEY TO REWRITE CV. THE GUY CALLED DAVID SOMETHING HAS BEEN CLOGGING MY MAILS THAT I SHOULD PAY PAY O

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 29, 2015
My CV was reviewed by jobberman & was commended as excellent which does not need re-write. Spent $50 for d CV from India though!!!
Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by ednut1(m): 1:30pm On May 29, 2015
enough of this CV writting rubbish, these pple just want your money, ask your self, y have they not written CV for dem selves and use it to get a Job in shell or chevron. they are also jobless. i will never pay . i have a crap looking CV and i still get invites. u can have the best CV but u failed the test/ interview, will u get the job. from experience interviewers are only interested in ur composure, confidence, eloquence ,values and skills not ur CV or GPA, that is why u wud see some1 with 4.9 GPA nt successful in an interview.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by steffans(m): 1:43pm On May 29, 2015
inasmuch they want to help u write a cv..
the price is just too high..
8k for just a cv??
what special things will they add that will make u get calls??
will they change a 3rd class degree to a first class
someone that has been a marketer all his life.. what will u add on his cv that will bring about him getting a Job in a place he aint fit

David Makinde, i have been sending me emails too.. i have sent him a personal email and he hasnt replied me..
and i stiill get those automated emails.

its well!

someone came up this mrng with free re-write cv to mark may 29.
lets see how it goes..
Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by marvelling(m): 3:27pm On May 29, 2015
ednut1:
enough of this CV writting rubbish, these pple just want your money, ask your self, y have they not written CV for dem selves and use it to get a Job in shell or chevron. they are also jobless. i will never pay . i have a crap looking CV and i still get invites. u can have the best CV but u failed the test/ interview, will u get the job. from experience interviewers are only interested in ur composure, confidence, eloquence ,values and skills not ur CV or GPA, that is why u wud see some1 with 4.9 GPA nt successful in an interview.

You head dey there! One ezekiel onitiju they charge the same amount for the cv review and rewrite. The guy has been spamming nairaland looking for whom to devour

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 29, 2015
platodeen:
Hi everyone, I really so not know how to express myself. However, I implore readers to comrehend adequately and share their experience and observation as naiaraland is the last home to do that after trying all other homes.
In order not to bug you with much details, I have been asked to pay the sum of 15,000 to get my CV rewritten by Jobber man with a promise of a consequent job call. But, 'N15000' for a job searcher? cheesy cheesy cheesy

jobberman used various outlets to get people to 'opt-in' The automated mails is part of their gradually extensive mail marketing technique to raise revenue i suppose.

If you hold up a little longer, the rate for the CV review will reduce. mine is currently 7900 Naira. If you send personal message and insist on the rate, you'd keep getting reduction and special offers.

i agree with ednut1 on this but if the CV is primarily the reason for not getting invites (which i doubt) then by all means do it, at a cheaper rate if you have the resources.

If you check online and model your CV following good samples, have decent contact email, fill out experiences and bio-data as required, you WILL get invites except there are fundamental issues. Like very poor grade, age and what-have-you.

in summary, consider your options and decide but any average CV, well arranged will at least get the basic invites.
Warmest regards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by igwedaboss(m): 6:15pm On May 29, 2015
Eddyken:
My CV was reviewed by jobberman & was commended as excellent which does not need re-write. Spent $50 for d CV from India though!!!
have you been getting calls? Not from scammers oo
Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by Mobebi(m): 7:44pm On May 29, 2015
I saw an advert on dealdey.com for professional CD re-writting shit. since dealdey.com is a site that normally advertises for products with reduced prices, promo price, I decided to give it a trial. the promo price was N1400.

At the end of everything, and after the CV was rewritten for me with a cover letter, I discovered two things.

1. that my former CV was better
2. the cover letter I was also using before, written by the combination of my younger brother's head and mine, had no difference with one I paid for.

finally, my advice:

believe in yourself and your abilities. Getting a job is the Grace of God, not by CV.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 30, 2015
[quote author=igwedaboss post=34220512]have you been getting calls? Not from scammers oo[/quot
Getting calls ke? For where!!!! In a week i applied for atleast 5 jobs & most of invites i get is from d scammers
Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by igwedaboss(m): 12:44pm On May 31, 2015
[quote author=Eddyken post=34250783][/quote]Sad. I've stopped trying for a longtime. Doing my stuffs to earn cash. Still I meet somebody that knows somebody.
Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by Trippledots(m): 4:08pm On May 31, 2015
igwedaboss:
Sad. I've stopped trying for a longtime. Doing my stuffs to earn cash. Still I meet somebody that knows somebody.

aneg d stuffs fit go roumd? feel me in biko
Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 31, 2015
steffans:
inasmuch they want to help u write a cv..
the price is just too high..
8k for just a cv??
what special things will they add that will make u get calls??
will they change a 3rd class degree to a first class
someone that has been a marketer all his life.. what will u add on his cv that will bring about him getting a Job in a place he aint fit

David Makinde, i have been sending me emails too.. i have sent him a personal email and he hasnt replied me..
and i stiill get those automated emails.

its well!

someone came up this mrng with free re-write cv to mark may 29.
lets see how it goes..

We keep learning, whr's the free rewrite been offered? Still jobberman?
Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by igwedaboss(m): 6:32pm On May 31, 2015
Trippledots:

aneg d stuffs fit go roumd? feel me in biko
your signature says you doing one or two na
Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by bodeoni: 9:38pm On May 31, 2015
Quite interesting posts on here. Some of you may not know this about the Jobberman free CV review. When you uploaded you CV, a software and not a real person scanned it. The software just commented on the size & format of the document, identified what areas you have experience in and for how long etc. Basically things you already know about your CV. It was just a marketing stunt.

About paying Jobberman to write your CV, I think its a good idea cos
1. Its jobberman na, they know where the jobs are and I believe will advice you as to where to apply
2. Jobberman can afford softwares that scan to see if a CV is keyword optimized esp if the CV is going to be submitted to an applicant tracking system
3. As already stated, the mentorship, if available, is worth it

Not trying to market for them o, just saying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by platodeen(m): 2:22am On Jun 01, 2015
ts jobberman na, they know where the jobs are and I believe will advice you as to where to apply
2. Jobberman can afford softwares that scan to see if a CV is keyword optimized esp if the CV is going to be submitted to an applicant tracking system

Not trying to market for them o, just saying. [/quote]

Have been able to secure a job or invites through this process? Just asking wink wink
Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by bodeoni: 11:31am On Jun 01, 2015
platodeen:
ts jobberman na, they know where the jobs are and I believe will advice you as to where to apply

Not trying to market for them o, just saying.

Have been able to secure a job or invites through this process? Just asking wink wink

I was ONLY SAYING. I am not currently seeking a job, at least not in the conventional sense of it. Cheers
Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by Trippledots(m): 11:58am On Jun 01, 2015
igwedaboss:
your signature says you doing one or two na

bro that one no even reach ½ sef. abeg I de wait. thanks
Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by igwedaboss(m): 2:03pm On Jun 01, 2015
Trippledots:

bro that one no even reach ½ sef. abeg I de wait. thanks
omo no be say me sef don establish finish. Just finding my feet and its looking good. I just dey improve my self and gets paid alongside as far as say I dey provide service. So the p be say, build a value that people who pay for.
Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by Trippledots(m): 7:20pm On Jun 01, 2015
igwedaboss:
omo no be say me sef don establish finish. Just finding my feet and its looking good. I just dey improve my self and gets paid alongside as far as say I dey provide service. So the p be say, build a value that people who pay for.

Bros all dis many grammar for one single request?? nna na wa o

ok, thank you. I don hear.
Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by PLSHELEP: 2:33pm On Jun 07, 2015
Before i begin, I have not been paid to write this, in fact i have paid for one of their CV writing services.
I would explain my reason in a bit.

When i received an email from the David Makinde, I was convinced it was not a scam as i had a thorough evaluation of my present CV including the results obtained after running it through an Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Did my research to know what an ATS does, and it turns out an ATS which is widely used by hiring managers to manage recruitment and filter through CVs for keywords.

My CV had not hit the nail on the head with respect to keywords needed to land my choice of jobs. I also found out sending my CV in a PDF format which in my opinion was professional, turned out to not be liked by most hiring managers as most prefer word documents which I don't like because it disorganizes my page layout and formatting when they receive my CV depending on what version of Office they use.

I wasn't just convinced by these, I asked the client to give me more reasons why i should pay for any of their services. I did this to ascertain I was in contact with a human and i subsequently received a response which was convincing to an extent. I also did my research about the service, reviews and testimonials, and noticed many of the people's name who paid for the service looked and sounded foreign, specifically American (Trevor, Karen, Ron, Leslie)

Also, I once received a mail from a David Masinde, which is different from Makinde. Could have been a simple typographical error except s and k on the qwerty keyboard are far apart. Which means the David Makinde name is a front to make it seem as if a Nigerian is the one in contact with you. This doesnt take anything away from the quality of service they should offer, but shows they are trying to make themselves look Nigerian and in turn attractive to the Nigerian market.

Anyway, after making my decision, I paid for the service and received a mail from a certain Katie Warren even though my mail was sent to David. Finally, my suspicions were valid when I discovered that the jobberman cv site has the same layout with topresume.com as one of my links was redirected there.

Like i said earlier, These should not take anything away from the quality of service they should provide or if it does, I would find out tomorrow as I'm to receive my written CV.

Suffice it to say that although my CV was good and I think i've got good grades, the ATS is an issue in Nigeria as many hiring managers wont be able to skim through CVs which might not even pass not a 30 seconds test but 20 seconds (because for Naija we no get time for rubbish), and that's why I have paid to have mine written.

Last point is, how much is 10k to put your foot in the door and get yourself a good job. i would say it is an investment, definitely not for everybody but if you're able to afford it, I'll encourage you to do it.

In life, we pay a lot for assurances.

4 Likes

Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by bodeoni: 2:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
PLSHELEP:
Before i begin, I have not been paid to write this, in fact i have paid for one of their CV writing services.

When i received an email from the David Makinde, I was convinced it was not a scam as i had a thorough evaluation of my present CV including the results obtained after running it through an Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Did my research to know what an ATS does, and it turns out an ATS which is widely used by hiring managers to manage recruitment and filter through CVs for keywords.

My CV had not hit the nail on the head with respect to keywords needed to land my choice of jobs. I also found out sending my CV in a PDF format which in my opinion was professional, turned out to not be liked by most hiring managers as most prefer word documents which I don't like because it disorganizes my page layout and formatting when they receive my CV depending on what version of Office they use.

I wasn't just convinced by these, I asked the client to give me more reasons why i should pay for any of their services. I did this to ascertain I was in contact with a human and i subsequently received a response which was convincing to an extent. I also did my research about the service, reviews and testimonials, and noticed many of the people's name who paid for the service looked and sounded foreign, specifically American (Trevor, Karen, Ron, Leslie)

Also, I once received a mail from a David Masinde, which is different from Makinde. Could have been a simple typographical error except s and k on the qwerty keyboard are far apart. Which means the David Makinde name is a front to make it seem as if a Nigerian is the one in contact with you. This doesnt take anything away from the quality of service they should offer, but shows they are trying to make themselves look Nigerian and in turn attractive to the Nigerian market.

Anyway, after making my decision, I paid for the service and received a mail from a certain Katie Warren even though my mail was sent to David. Finally, my suspicions were valid when I discovered that the jobberman cv site has the same layout with topresume.com as one of my links was redirected there.

Like i said earlier, These should not take anything away from the quality of service they should provide or if it does, I would find out tomorrow as I'm to receive my written CV.

Suffice it to say that although my CV was good and I think i've got good grades, the ATS is an issue in Nigeria as many hiring managers wont be able to skim through CVs which might not even pass not a 30 seconds test but 20 seconds (because for Naija we no get time for rubbish), and that's why I have paid to have mine written.

Last point is, how much is 10k to put your foot in the door and get yourself a good job. i would say it is an investment, definitely not for everybody but if you're able to afford it, I'll encourage you to do it.

Quite interesting, have you gotten more invites after the CV rewrite?

3 Likes

Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by kenlouis(m): 10:46am On Aug 31, 2015
Stories of the heart...
PLSHELEP:

1 Like

Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by simonvic: 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
Rewriting your CV by recruitment might be helpful considering now that the HR dept now use software in accessing CV. unlike before that they take their time. Though not all does that but I must tell you for most multinationals and recruitment agency, they use software to filter unwanted CV. getting the software is not that easy i would have suggest you get the trial version online to check if your CV is in order.
Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by ProudOlodo: 4:08pm On Dec 05, 2015
PLSHELEP:

And what would you say of your re-written CV if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by daven: 4:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
@PLSHELEP did you get the re written cv? Has it been able to get the attention of hiring managers? Please give feedback
Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by severus(m): 5:35pm On Feb 08, 2016
For all those who would love a successful career in modern technology and innovation, there is an online platform where you can Teach yourself how to build websites, mobile apps and do java programming, you can learn with 1000s of material and even study from your phone and get certificate to boost your CV. Also find out how you can make money and drive success with your ideas and skills. go from code geek to master Entrepreneur.....check it out at www.codelab.cf
Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by DeoSleek: 6:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
There's a CV format you can copy in the Oxford dictionary.

there are two formats;
1. USA format
2. UK format

decide which to use. . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
I wrote my CV and it looks like sh*t but I am not giving anybody 15k to rewrite my CV. In short, I am afraid of reading my CV because each time I do, I see another mistake and more ideas keep disturbing the peace of my CV.
Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by Dr90210: 1:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
The website is a scam and a scrapper site that copies of topresume.com
Even the names used and the format of the reviewed CV's they use to promote would show you that it is a scam.
What is annoying is how the jobberman founders Opeyemi Awoyemi, Ayodeji Adewunmi and Olalekun Olude are promoted in the tech space as entrepreneurs to look up to when they are infact just agbero boys from Ife with internet connection.

2 Likes

Re: Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience by Benjom(m): 9:12pm On Jul 16, 2016
DeoSleek:
There's a CV format you can copy in the Oxford dictionary.

there are two formats;

1. USA format

2. UK format

decide which to use. . .

Good... What about Nigerian format?

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Calling For Applications / Salary Scale For NABDA Entry Level / Maersk Group Latest Job Recruitment (3 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.