Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,080 members, 7,821,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

What Will The North Do If The Crude Oil Suddenly Dries Up Now? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will The North Do If The Crude Oil Suddenly Dries Up Now? (675 Views)

Photo:60 Years After Nigeria First Crude Oil Well Dries Up,natives In Poverty / Burkina Faso Prime Minister Died Suddenly During A Press Conference In Turkey / Fuel Dries Up In Benin- Will This Happen In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will The North Do If The Crude Oil Suddenly Dries Up Now? by Nemeziz9ja: 3:28pm On Feb 15, 2009
This is not an ethnic perspective of looking at the crude oil problem in Nigeria but what will the Northern hegemonists do if the crude oil suddenly dries up in Nigeria?
Raise more cattle to be the old Texas and Montana of Nigeria?
Resuscitate the groundnut pyramid?
I am just wondering?
Re: What Will The North Do If The Crude Oil Suddenly Dries Up Now? by SamMilla1(m): 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2009
question.

*HISSES IN SWAHILI*
Re: What Will The North Do If The Crude Oil Suddenly Dries Up Now? by Tonim(f): 6:38pm On Feb 15, 2009
Nemeziz9ja:

This is not an ethnic perspective of looking at the crude oil problem in Nigeria but what will the Northern hegemonists do if the crude oil suddenly dries up in Nigeria?
Raise more cattle to be the old Texas and Montana of Nigeria?
Resuscitate the groundnut pyramid?
I am just wondering?

What will the people of the south west and south south do if the crude oil dries up ? Do you think they can
stand on their own (fulfill all govt expenses) right now without oil ?
Re: What Will The North Do If The Crude Oil Suddenly Dries Up Now? by Seun(m): 6:50pm On Feb 15, 2009
Don't mind him. We are all equally dependent on oil. The north also does a lot of agriculture: that's were all our tomatoes and vegetables in the south comes from, if you don't know.
Re: What Will The North Do If The Crude Oil Suddenly Dries Up Now? by Nemeziz9ja: 8:22pm On Feb 15, 2009
Yeah I know we buy tomato and beef from them but that does not mean this is the mainstay of the local fund generation for development in the Northern States.
I am just curious to know what the North have as a backup source.At least I presume as well the South have their timbers, Rubber and Cocoa to go back to.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Vs Investigative Journalist / Judge Withdraws From Trial Of Nigerian Militant / Obama In The White House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.