Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,454 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? (7716 Views)

Eberechi Suzzette Wike: "I Belong To The Kitchen, I Also Belong To Court Room" / Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal / "Omg"(pic) Tinubu Reaction "I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by codeworks(m): 9:46am On May 30, 2015
I had to read this Buhari comment many times before coming with this, using mathematical approach, subset theory to be prescribed, I came up with this Means I belong to myself only.

What does it mean to you?
Re: What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by Sleekydee(m): 9:50am On May 30, 2015
in plain and uncanny text, it means "I belong to the masses and I do not belong to any group, nor party nor have a godfather"........ but then this is Nigeria we talking about.
Re: What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by Greenbuoy(m): 9:53am On May 30, 2015
N o n s e n s e

Re: What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by ganagagi: 9:57am On May 30, 2015
meaning his belonging is not specify to anybody,group religion,region,party nor tribe etc but he belongs to everyone that is everybody,group religion,party tribe etc
Re: What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by codeworks(m): 9:58am On May 30, 2015
Sleekydee:
in plain and uncanny text, it means "I belong to the masses and I do not belong to any group, nor party nor have a godfather"........ but then this is Nigeria we talking about.

He would have put it like that. he's afraid to call them goofather or cabal. they sponsored your campaign with billions of Naira

3 Likes

Re: What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by AKMoney1(m): 9:59am On May 30, 2015
It means he belongs to Nigeria

And he does not belong to APC grin

1 Share

Re: What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by codeworks(m): 10:01am On May 30, 2015
AKMoney1:
It means he belongs to Nigeria

And he does not belong to APC grin

They will kill him if that what he meant

1 Like

Re: What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by AKMoney1(m): 10:04am On May 30, 2015
codeworks:

Killer bean ni cheesy
Re: What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by Nobody: 10:07am On May 30, 2015
codeworks:

I belong to everybody - I am one with everyone, united in the same purpose. I am not defined by my party APC, I represent Nigeria and the interest of Nigerians.

I belong to Nobody - I am not here to do anyone's bidding. I will not be dictated to. The interest of the group above the individual.
Re: What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by codeworks(m): 10:10am On May 30, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

I belong to everybody - I am one with everyone, united in the same purpose. I am not defined by my party APC, I represent Nigeria and the interest of Nigerians.

I belong to Nobody - I am not here to do anyone's bidding. I will not be dictated to. The interest of the group above the individual.

Then who will pay billions of Naira lavished on him in order to win. The usual arrangement is we finance your campaign and give us contract which obvious we wont execute
Re: What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by Ama80(f): 10:13am On May 30, 2015
It's a political statement to patronise d common man.he doesn't mean wat he says.Tinubu knows dat too.it's part of d game.

1 Like

Re: What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by alabiyemmy(m): 10:16am On May 30, 2015
It means its a free for all system. Chop make i chop.
Re: What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by BLOTRS: 10:23am On May 30, 2015
He should av moved his own office there too, let him relocate from aso rock to Gwoza hills

1 Like

Re: What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by delishpot: 10:25am On May 30, 2015
It means I DO AS I WANT. This is man smart sha. Good for him. Naija people nor easy to handle especialy if you open door for them to claim anything. Dem go over claim even claim your own share join.
But o, if you are for everybody, then turn around to be for nobody, doesnt that mean you are acctualy doing what ever you find worth doing? That is how I see that comment sha.
*The man is the man of the people not the god son of any particular person(s)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by Emphany: 10:27am On May 30, 2015
Funny... I don't speak comfusion,i don't understand it either.
Re: What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by Inkman(m): 10:35am On May 30, 2015
I am for everybody
Yet i am for nobody..
I belong to all who adhere to the laws
To the corrupt and lawless i shall bare my claws

As the broom's strength lies in the bunch
Collectively, shall be the touch
To the rich, to the poor, to the high and low
All shall receive an equal show

I am for all and not for one
Fair to all and favour none
United in labor, united in reward
Equity and intergrity be the watch word

To be cont...
grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by Nellizzy(m): 10:40am On May 30, 2015
i was here
Re: What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by omenka(m): 10:44am On May 30, 2015
codeworks:
I had to read this Buhari comment many times before coming with this, using mathematical approach, subset theory to be prescribed, I came up with this Means I belong to myself only.

What does it mean to you?
It means he's not going to be clanish and ethnocentric like his predecessor.

1 Like

Re: What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by Orunto: 11:18am On May 30, 2015
That his constituency is Nigeria. He is going to be father to all Nigerians, irrespective of tribe, tongue, religion etc and cater equally for all.. So help him God.
Re: What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? by lightdotcom: 5:18pm On May 30, 2015
Great talk! That statement simply means I am for the masses and cannot be controlled by any individual or groups of individuals. Hope is here for the ordinary Nigerians, NO to dirty godfatherism. This is time to build strong formidable institions in the country. Time has come where the citizenry rich or poor will be equal before the law. NO sacred cows

(1) (Reply)

Bandits Attack Danjanku village In Kastina, Abduct Many / Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked / Jonathan Breaks Silence On Bayelsa Crisis, Knocks Sy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.