Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,235 members, 7,860,507 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:53 AM

Should Buhari Really Probe Our Past Ministers And Rulers? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Buhari Really Probe Our Past Ministers And Rulers? (609 Views)

President Buhari Meets With Ministers And Governors In Aso Rock (Photos) / List Of Buhari's 36 Ministers And Their Portfolios / Some Immediate Past Ministers Must Go To Prison, Gbagi Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Buhari Really Probe Our Past Ministers And Rulers? by vchukwuma20: 2:31pm On May 31, 2015
A fellow nairalander once commented "If this man does not probe Alison-madueke then he has disappointed us all". That comment got me thinking. Is that the priority? Without doubt these looters and criminals deserve even more than jail sentences. But these in my opinion are some reasons why I think we should just take it all and move on.
1. MORE URGENT MATTERS: We are all so hungry for justice but wait, would President Buhari have done well if he is able to deal with all these people (I also think it's impossible to actually probe them all) without first dealing with issues of security, power , corruption (with strategies that will in the long run) and unemployment among others?

2. JUST TO AVOID MAYHEM: It has become clear in the last couple of years that this bitter corruption has managed to enncroached into our supposedly credible military sector. My point is that this could make the issue of probing very violent. Even the common civilians will not fold their arms and let their ill-gotten wealth go.

3. WE CAN'T GET IT ALL BACK/WE CAN DO WITHOUT THEM: This one is a bit difficult to swallow, but the recent days disclosure if some money that was laundered since the time of late general. Abacha just indicates that we cannot recover everything. Haven't we survived since then?

4.MAYBE THEY CAN GIVE BACK TO THE SOCIETY: Okay I know this may sound a little desperate but hear me out. I is very normal to see these "Thieves" invest billions in other countries and the obvious reason is to avoid being thrown into where they belong. But what if nobody was on their tail chasing them around? What if all those billions were invested in production or agriculture or whatever here in Nigeria?
This is just my open minded and realistic opinion, feel free to add yours. I also welcome criticism thanks.

PS: I am a common Nigerian like you, struggling to make ends meet in my day to day life. not a tool being used by anyone.
Re: Should Buhari Really Probe Our Past Ministers And Rulers? by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 31, 2015
I'll answer No 1. The idea of "more urgent matters" makes no sense. That a person is answering to charges of theft in court does not mean the govt ceases to function. To suggest it does is an excuse for inaction and indicates corruption in the executive.
Re: Should Buhari Really Probe Our Past Ministers And Rulers? by vchukwuma20: 2:44pm On May 31, 2015
ROSSIKE:
I'll answer No 1. The idea of "more urgent matters" makes no sense. That a person is answering to charges of theft in court does not mean the govt ceases to function. To suggest it does is an excuse for inaction.

Well in this case it's not just "a person", series of investigations and legal processes will be involved. We cannot probe some and leave some, that's also unjust.
Re: Should Buhari Really Probe Our Past Ministers And Rulers? by kayslimshady(m): 2:46pm On May 31, 2015
And should he probe Tinubu and Ameachi?
Re: Should Buhari Really Probe Our Past Ministers And Rulers? by acenazt: 2:47pm On May 31, 2015
Abeg oh the answer is Yes. Tanoids and their bosses should be probed asap
Re: Should Buhari Really Probe Our Past Ministers And Rulers? by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 31, 2015
vchukwuma20:

Well in this case it's not just "a person", series of investigations and legal processes will be involved. We cannot probe some and leave some, that's also unjust.
Probing those with the weightiest allegations against them is not unjust. In Nazi Germany there were many criminals in the SS etc, who got away. But the major players like Goering, Himmler, and Goebbels were made to face the music.
Re: Should Buhari Really Probe Our Past Ministers And Rulers? by Imortal001: 2:49pm On May 31, 2015
Like you rightly said, they loot our money and invest it outside the country, creating employment for their host country while we the citizens are suffering in abject poverty, unemployment etc., so its better we start dealing with them before the run the country tried.
Unemployment is a disease worst than ebola., many nigerians travel out of the country due to unemployment, some find themselves in jail, some of them die due to cold and other factor just to look for greener pasture outside the country while we have the greenest pasture inside our country.
Re: Should Buhari Really Probe Our Past Ministers And Rulers? by olujuwonj(m): 3:14pm On May 31, 2015
Iranu!!!
Re: Should Buhari Really Probe Our Past Ministers And Rulers? by SHARIAREPORTERS: 3:15pm On May 31, 2015
If he's ready to die, why not?
Re: Should Buhari Really Probe Our Past Ministers And Rulers? by Ngasky(m): 4:12pm On May 31, 2015
Yes. The probe must go ahead.
There are institutions for that, cant remember when EFCC stops OBJ from working as a president. The only difference is there is no sacred cow among corrupt suspects. Even if it is Aisha Buhari (wife) the General will not interfare
Re: Should Buhari Really Probe Our Past Ministers And Rulers? by vchukwuma20: 6:00pm On May 31, 2015
Did you guys at least read through?

(1) (Reply)

Caption This Photo / Suicide Bomber Screamed "Sai Buhari" Before Killing 5 In Maiduguri / Photos; Governor Akin Ambode Meets With Lagos State Security Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.