Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation (33543 Views)

Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others / Mohammed Dikwa Appointed Accountant-General Of The Federation By Buhari / Buhari Appoints Ogbonnaya Onu As The Secretary Of The Federation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by makzeze: 4:28pm On May 31, 2015
Secretary to the Federal Government of Nigeria
Secretary to the Federal Government of Nigeria is responsible for ensuring the effective coordination and monitoring of the implementation of government policies and programmes for the overall development of Nigeria.

Functions:
1. Coordinating policy design and formulation by Ministries, Departments and Agencies for approval by Government.

2. Serving as Secretary to the Council of State, the Federal Executive Council and other Constitutional Councils, which are chaired by the President.

3.Coordinating the activities of Ministries and Government Agencies on the implementation of Government decisions, policies and programmes
Dealing with constitutional, political and socio-economic matters as may be referred to the Presidency.

4. Àdministrative Tribunals, Commissions and Panels of Enquiry; vi) Coordinating national security and public safety matters.

5. National Honours Award
6. Prerogative of Mercy
7. Protocol Matters
8. Channeling of papers and directives of the President
9. Processing and granting Government approval for Overseas Tours, Intergovernmental Meetings/Conferences, medical check-up/treatment by Public Officers.

10. Processing requests for Overseas Duty Tours/Conferences including medical check-up/treatment abroad for members of the Judiciary, Chairmen and Members of Statutory Commissions/Bodies for approval by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

11. Coordinating the appointments to Headship of Statutory Bodies, Commissions and Agencies by the President.

12. Dealing with matters relating to conditions of service of political office holders.

13. Intergovernmental Affairs and relations with State and Local Governments.

14.Liaison with Secretaries to State Governments.

15.Allocation of office accommodation to Political Office Holders.

Source: (culled from the official website of SGF)
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretary_to_the_Federal_Government_of_Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by Ebubeslym(m): 4:29pm On May 31, 2015
This is really a heavy post.
but I trust Dr Onu to oversee this office efficiently.

let the sun continue rising from the east.

Anyim Pius Anyim I sight u.

8 Likes

Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by mensdept: 4:30pm On May 31, 2015
Sounds like a lot of bull, this position needs to be scrapted
Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by mensdept: 4:31pm On May 31, 2015
Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by politricks: 4:31pm On May 31, 2015
The work is plenty o. But i trust an engineer not to worry about that especially a distinguished one.

1 Like

Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by politricks: 4:34pm On May 31, 2015
mensdept:
Sounds like a lot of bull, this position needs to be scrapted
When matters beyond your mental capability are being discussed, KEEP QUIET. And what the hell is the meaning of 'scrapted'

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by mensdept: 4:37pm On May 31, 2015
politricks:
When matters beyond your mental capability are being discussed, KEEP QUIET.

Oh it looks like your feelings are hurt this blessed Sunday. Well let me say it again:

Secretary to the Federal Government is a wasteful position.

2 Likes

Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by politricks: 4:40pm On May 31, 2015
mensdept:

Oh it looks like your feelings are hurt this blessed Sunday. Well let me say it again:

Secretary to the Federal Government is a wasteful position.
First, did you say same during the last administration?
Secondly, tell me how many countries that doesn't have SGF

4 Likes

Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by mensdept: 4:48pm On May 31, 2015
politricks:
First, did you say same during the last administration?
Secondly, tell me how many countries that doesn't have SGF

Let me take it easy with you on this blessed Sunday, because frankly, I'm in a good mood.

We have this 6-zone structure that PDP crafted in 1999, and thus, they felt each zone needed to have a "position" so that no cry babies would be disturbing church service.

For example, if the NE has president, SW Speaker, SS Senate President, NC party chairman, NW Vice, then obviously the SE would get SFG, or whatever positions are available for whatever zone.

HOWEVER, the SFG duplicates what the previous positions do, as well as the executive branch.

Since Buhari has spoken on wasteful spending and the merger of ministries, this very useless position should be on that list.

And you ask how many governments have this position eh? How many countries have the Office of 1st lady, with millions allocated to it? Thank goodness AISHA has agreed to scrap that BS office too.

Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by sammyj: 5:16pm On May 31, 2015
This is a very powerful post. However this implies that most of GEJ 's failures was tied to this office. Guess who Paus Anyim. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by jaymichael(m): 5:35pm On May 31, 2015
I Am wondering, what if this office is combined with that of the CHIEF OF STAFF?
Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by Caseless: 6:16pm On May 31, 2015
Amaechi will do well in this position; he has more agility. I love onu, but he's too gentle for a position like this.
Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by Caseless: 6:17pm On May 31, 2015
jaymichael:
I Am wondering, what if this office is combined with that of the CHIEF OF STAFF?
they are different.
Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by Dollyak(f): 6:20pm On May 31, 2015
Ebubeslym:

I think it is the most challenging post after presidency. His background gives me confidence.
Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by PaulSteve: 12:56am On Aug 28, 2015
politricks:
The work is plenty o. But i trust an engineer not to worry about that especially a distinguished one.

With the appointment of an Engineer as SGF months after your statement above sir one can't but ask how you came about such accurate,emphatic and prophetic statement?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by courage89(m): 1:10am On Aug 28, 2015
PaulSteve:

With the appointment of an Engineer as SGF months after your statement above sir one can't but ask how you came about such accurate,emphatic and prophetic statement?

He was talking about Dr. Onu,

Chemical Engineer

4 Likes

Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by PaulSteve: 7:08am On Aug 28, 2015
courage89:

He was talking about Dr. Onu,

Chemical Engineer

Ok
Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by makzeze: 7:34am On Aug 28, 2015
cc:lalasticlala
Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by Lordtrillion(m): 7:50am On Aug 28, 2015
Ok
Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by wildchild1: 7:50am On Aug 28, 2015
Good
Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by thefakestan: 7:50am On Aug 28, 2015
Make we hear, an Engineer it is.

I don't want to complain much though.

Let's see how it plays out.

Congratulations to the Winners and to the losers Fear "No(r)t(h).

ThefakeStan
Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by ignis: 7:50am On Aug 28, 2015
Chop money. ...
Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by eleko1: 7:50am On Aug 28, 2015
cool
Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by Feranmicharles(m): 7:50am On Aug 28, 2015
Embezlement,you forgot to add that angry

2 Likes

Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by jamesbanjo(m): 7:51am On Aug 28, 2015
We all knw that after sum few months in office all this government official will start Malfunctioning.. Am nt sayin d appointed person is not active lipsrsealed.... Buh 9ja this days is sumtin else when it comes to politics
grin gud am ya,ll av a nyc day ahead

#DIAMONDZ
Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by sanandreas(m): 7:54am On Aug 28, 2015
Good morning nairalanders
Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by chesterlee(m): 7:55am On Aug 28, 2015
Question of the Day:

Why did Buhari not find a man of integrity from
the North to use as his running mate during the
Presidential election? Why did he go South?
If indeed regions do not matter he should have
selected a man/woman from Duara or any other
part of the North to be his running mate. I bet
even those pretending not to mind if he appoints
only Northerners would not have voted for him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by RedCard1(m): 7:57am On Aug 28, 2015
So no Southerner could perform these duties. We're watching.

To even think that the appointed man was done with school by 1979.

That means he's well above 60 and might even be up to 70.

I'm sure he can't even see a bolded word clearly without medicated glasses.

For me, he's too old.

Nigerian wahala, nobody wanna retire.
Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by Segadem(m): 7:57am On Aug 28, 2015
No16 Embezzlement
Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by fergus0n: 7:59am On Aug 28, 2015
This is da change u wnt Ok continue #missinq u so much MAMA PEACE

1 Like

Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by doublewisdom: 7:59am On Aug 28, 2015
Ebubeslym:

Bros, wake up o. Level don change o.
Re: Functions Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation by efilefun(m): 8:02am On Aug 28, 2015
sammyj:
This is a very powerful post. However this implies that most of GEJ 's failures was tied to this office. Guess who Paus Anyim. grin grin
You mean the ever sleeping overfed man. He sleeps while the nation crumbled into pieces

Imagine PDP chairman telling him to stop sleeping in public

saharareporters.com/2014/02/13/stop-sleeping-public-pdp-chairman-muazu-scolds-sgf-pius-anyim

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Visitors' Seat At The Magistrate Court In Wuse, Abuja (Photo) / Dino Melaye's Look To 'Merry Men' Premiere In Abuja / NDA: Bandits Killed 2 Officers & Abducted 2 - Defence Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.