Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,203 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Prophet Muhammad's Letter About How Muslims Should Treat Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prophet Muhammad's Letter About How Muslims Should Treat Christians (1684 Views)

Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) / See How Muslims Are Trooping To Jesus / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophet Muhammad's Letter About How Muslims Should Treat Christians by tintingz(m): 5:34pm On May 31, 2015
Amid the chaos that has laid siege to all people of the Middle-East and North Africa since the Arab Spring uprisings against dictatorship paved the way for militancy and civil war in region, the Christian world is increasingly expressing its concern over the condition of Christians living in the region.

Despite being an overall minority, there is a significant Christian population living in countries like Syria, Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon, Palestine and Egypt.

In this context, it may benefit both Muslims and Christians to recall the words of the Prophet Muhammad regarding how Christians should be treated by Muslims in the following translation of a letter he sent to the Christian monks at St. Catherines, Mount Sinai (Egypt) in 628 AD:

“This is a message from Muhammad son of Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.

Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.

No compulsion is to be on them.

Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries.

No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims’ houses.

Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God’s covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.

No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them.

If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.

Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants.

No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).”

http://www.worldbulletin.net/haber/134784/prophet-muhammads-letter-about-how-muslims-should-treat-christians

The original letter is now in the Topkapi Museum in Instanbul

3 Likes

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter About How Muslims Should Treat Christians by nairamaverick(m): 5:40pm On May 31, 2015
Shekau, Isis come and read ooo
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter About How Muslims Should Treat Christians by Mogenerous(f): 5:42pm On May 31, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
MuhamMAD was a mad man
May Allah forgive you

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter About How Muslims Should Treat Christians by SHARIAREPORTERS: 5:44pm On May 31, 2015
Mogenerous:

May Allah forgive you
Who d fvck is allahh, dat blood sucking demon cum vampire?
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter About How Muslims Should Treat Christians by Mogenerous(f): 5:48pm On May 31, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:

Who d fvck is allahh, dat blood sucking demon cum vampire?

I leave you to your worries but just note on this very day, when it time pass and you will look back and eat back every of your words. Allah will make you remember this day... #Peace

4 Likes

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter About How Muslims Should Treat Christians by tintingz(m): 5:48pm On May 31, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
MuhamMAD was a mad man
In my area I use to see this mad man calling other people mad.
I think it is common among mad people tongue. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter About How Muslims Should Treat Christians by SHARIAREPORTERS: 5:53pm On May 31, 2015
Mogenerous:

I leave you to your worries but just note on this very day, when it time pass and you will look back and eat back every of your words. Allah will make you remember this day... #Peace

Dat allahh can't do anytin
D blood sucking vampire is dead
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter About How Muslims Should Treat Christians by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 31, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:

Dat allahh can't do anytin
D blood sucking vampire is dead
see the pig whose talking when the only god that died was that your crucified dog!

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter About How Muslims Should Treat Christians by SHARIAREPORTERS: 9:26pm On May 31, 2015
crusadistic:
see the pig whose talking when the only god that died was that your crucified dog!

U referring to ya mad muhamMAD dat was fed to d pigs
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter About How Muslims Should Treat Christians by Demmzy15(m): 11:30pm On May 31, 2015
Nice one Op, I actually heard it wasn't written by the Prophet Muhammad(sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam), but by a Sahabah. Nevertheless, it shows the beauty of Islam, may Allah destroy this terrorists who have spoilt the name of Islam!

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter About How Muslims Should Treat Christians by Mopolchi: 1:22am On Jun 01, 2015
Demmzy15:
Nice one Op, I actually heard it wasn't written by the Prophet Muhammad(sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam), but by a Sahabah. Nevertheless, it shows the beauty of Islam, may Allah destroy this terrorists who have spoilt the name of Islam!
Amen

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter About How Muslims Should Treat Christians by Nobody: 2:12am On Jun 01, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:

U referring to ya mad muhamMAD dat was fed to d pigs
is that your fathers name undecided ?
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter About How Muslims Should Treat Christians by tintingz(m): 6:29am On Jun 01, 2015
Demmzy15:
Amin.

The letter was issued by Prophet Muhammed(SA) himself it was even sealed with the imprint representing the Prophet's hand.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashtiname_of_Muhammad

2 Likes

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter About How Muslims Should Treat Christians by true2god: 10:39am On Jun 01, 2015
tintingz:
Amid the chaos that has laid siege to all people of the Middle-East and North Africa since the Arab Spring uprisings against dictatorship paved the way for militancy and civil war in region, the Christian world is increasingly expressing its concern over the condition of Christians living in the region.

Despite being an overall minority, there is a significant Christian population living in countries like Syria, Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon, Palestine and Egypt.

In this context, it may benefit both Muslims and Christians to recall the words of the Prophet Muhammad regarding how Christians should be treated by Muslims in the following translation of a letter he sent to the Christian monks at St. Catherines, Mount Sinai (Egypt) in 628 AD:

“This is a message from Muhammad son of Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.

Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.

No compulsion is to be on them.

Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries.

No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims’ houses.

Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God’s covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.

No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them.

If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.

Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants.

No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).”

http://www.worldbulletin.net/haber/134784/prophet-muhammads-letter-about-how-muslims-should-treat-christians

The original letter is now in the Topkapi Museum in Instanbul
Keep deceiving yourself. Al-taqiyya mode activated.......loading (45% remaining).
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter About How Muslims Should Treat Christians by basilico: 11:45am On Jun 01, 2015
When did they get it wrong?
Here is sample quote from the 1250 pages of the Reliance of the Traveller.

On children:
When a child with discrimination (O: meaning
he can eat, drink, and clean himself after
using the toilet unassisted) is seven years of
age, he is ordered to perform the prayer, and
when ten, is beaten for neglecting it (N: not
severely, but so as to discipline the child, and
not more than three blows). f1.2
On apostates:
Someone raised among Muslims who denies
the obligatoriness of the prayer, zakat, fasting
Ramadan, the pilgrimage, or the unlawfulness
of wine and adultery, or denies something else
upon which there is scholarly consensus
(ijma’, def:b7) and which is necessarily known
as being of the religion (N: necessarily known
meaning things that any Muslim would know
about if asked) thereby becomes an
unbeliever (kafir) and is executed for his
unbelief (O: if he does not admit he is
mistaken and acknowledge the Obligatoriness
or unlawfulness of that which there is
scholarly consensus upon. As for if he denies
the obligatoriness of something there is not
consensus upon, then he is not adjudged an
unbeliever). f1.3
The following are not subject to retaliation: …
(3) a Jewish or Christian subject of the
Islamic state for killing an apostate from Islam
(O: because a subject of the state is under its
protection, while killing an apostate from
Islam is without consequences); o1.2
When a person who has reached puberty and
is sane voluntarily apostatizes from Islam, he
deserves to be killed. o8.1
In such a case, it is obligatory for the caliph
(A: or his representative) to ask him to repent
and return to Islam. If he does, it is accepted
from him, but if he refuses, he is immediately
killed. o8.2
On jihad:
The caliph (o25) makes war upon Jews,
Christians, and Zoroastrians (N: provided he
has first invited them to enter Islam in faith
and practice, and if they will not, then invited
them to enter the social order of Islam by
paying the non-Muslim poll tax (jizya, def:
o11.4)-which is the significance of their
paying it, not the money itself-while remaining
in their ancestral religions) (O: and the war
continues) until they become Muslim or else
pay the non-Muslim poll tax (O: in accordance
with the word of Allah Most High, “Fight those
who do not believe in Allah and the Last Day
and who forbid not what Allah and His
messenger have forbidden-who do not
practice the religion of truth, being of those
who have been given the Book-until they pay
the poll tax out of hand and are
humbled” (Koran 9.29) o9.8
The caliph fights all other peoples until they
become Muslim (O: because they are not a
people with a Book, nor honored as such, and
are not permitted to settle with paying the poll
tax (jizya)) o9.9
A free male Muslim who has reached puberty
and is sane is entitled to the spoils of battle
when he has participated in a battle to the
end of it. o10.1
As for personal booty, anyone who, despite
resistance, kills one of the enemy or
effectively incapacitates him, risking his own
life thereby, is entitled to whatever he can
take from the enemy, meaning as much as he
can take away with him in the battle, such as
a mount, clothes, weaponry, money, or other.
o10.2

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter About How Muslims Should Treat Christians by usba: 4:26pm On Jun 01, 2015
You people should cease paying heed to that unstable individual.

(1) (Reply)

I Believe In God, I Believe In No Religion, What Am I ? / Best Way To Deconvert Muslims / Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.