Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,594 members, 7,851,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:02 PM

Youths Kill Four Suspected Pirates (Graphic Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Youths Kill Four Suspected Pirates (Graphic Photo) (1415 Views)

Nigerian Man Kidnapped And Murdered By Sea Pirates (Photos) / Cultists Kill Four At Igbogbo, Ikorodu , Shoot Two-year-old / Police Arrests Sea Pirates In Bonny That Attacked 3 Boats Yesterday (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youths Kill Four Suspected Pirates (Graphic Photo) by lolaxavier(m): 6:30am On Jun 01, 2015
A group of young men from Esighi village in Bakassi Local Government Area on Saturday trailed and killed four ex-militants allegedly terrorising the waterways.

The youths said they carried out the action after confirming that the ex-militants were in possession of some boats seized by a gang of pirates that robbed 19 Cameroon-bound passengers on April 25 along the Bakassi waterways.

The youth group also rescued three speed boats, suspected to have been stolen and used for operations by the former warlords.

Southern City News gathered on Sunday that the youths, numbering 10, took the step to fish out the pirates after they had been accused of being part of the April 25 attack.

One of the youths, who preferred anonymity, told our correspondent on the telephone that the incident occurred in the early hours of Saturday (May 23) after they had successfully trailed the ex-militants to their base and killed four of them with their (the former militant’s) own weapon.

He said, “We have been looking for these militants but today we finally caught them and the boat. When we saw them, we jumped into the river. We swam to their location without them noticing us. We struggled with them and unfortunately one of us died but we eventually killed four of them with their guns”.

A community leader in Esighi, Mr. Livinus Oke, said the community had earlier accused the youths of being responsible for the April 25 incident, adding that the accusation made the youths to go in search of the perpetuators in order to prove their innocence.

He said the youths laid siege to the pirates and carried out the action, adding that the matter had been reported to the security agency.

But the Cross River State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Hogan Bassey, said no such incident had been reported.

Bassey simply told our correspondent, “The information is not authentic.”

No fewer than 19 passengers were recently attacked by pirates along the waterways. Some of the female passengers were raped by the robbers.

The driver of the boat, Mr. Effiom Bassey, had told Southern City News that their experience was horrifying.

He also said his boat and goods worth N40m was taken away by the thieves.

Also, a 24-year-old fish trader, Enoh Ubon, who was among the victims, said passengers lost valuables to sea pirates in the last few months.

Ubon confirmed that two female traders were raped during the encounter by the robbers, adding that she was, however, spared because she was on her monthly menstrual cycle.

“It is not the first time that we are being attacked. We have complained to authorities concerned but we have not seen improved security presence. The robbers do not only steal, they have added rape to it. This is unfortunate,” she said angrily.

http://www.punchng.com/city-news-feature/youths-kill-four-suspected-pirates/

Re: Youths Kill Four Suspected Pirates (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 01, 2015
Somehow, I still feel jungle justice is not the best just because an innocent soul might be taken for criminal, and the irreparable damage would have been done.
Re: Youths Kill Four Suspected Pirates (Graphic Photo) by sod09(m): 6:55am On Jun 01, 2015
Choi.....naija
Killing everywhere
Re: Youths Kill Four Suspected Pirates (Graphic Photo) by Obinovictor(m): 6:58am On Jun 01, 2015
Say no to Jungle justice. #Change
Re: Youths Kill Four Suspected Pirates (Graphic Photo) by nerodenero: 7:08am On Jun 01, 2015
The community leader in Esighi, Mr. Livinus Oke should be arrested so that he could help the Police in arresting those youths for taking the laws into their hands.

Extra judicial killing should not only be condemned but perpetrators should face the full wrath of the law.
Re: Youths Kill Four Suspected Pirates (Graphic Photo) by bewla(m): 7:13am On Jun 01, 2015
how comment later
Re: Youths Kill Four Suspected Pirates (Graphic Photo) by lolaxavier(m): 8:41am On Jun 01, 2015
Well unfortunately police never came to the rescue of the community and they did what they had to do to keep their community safe. However, I don't support jungle justice...
Re: Youths Kill Four Suspected Pirates (Graphic Photo) by SWAGGAVILLAGE(m): 8:46am On Jun 01, 2015
Ch

1 Like

Re: Youths Kill Four Suspected Pirates (Graphic Photo) by mikuut: 5:23pm On Jun 01, 2015
Silvofitz:
Somehow, I still feel jungle justice is not the best just because an innocent soul might be taken for criminal, and the irreparable damage would have been done.
exactly d post I had in mind.
Re: Youths Kill Four Suspected Pirates (Graphic Photo) by lolaxavier(m): 5:49pm On Jun 01, 2015
SWAGGAVILLAGE:
naija and taking justice into their hands een

Hello all nairalanders,my name is Martins,am a final year student at one of Nigerias higher institutions.. I am aspiring to be the next Mr Nairaland but I can't do that without your help.I believe I have got what it takes to snatch the crown if only I can get your support.you can check my pix on my profile to asses..I won't disappoint you if you give me your support.. Right now,I need you to join my campaign team let's plan to win,cos if we don't,it means we are planning to fail..your support will go a long way in boosting my chances.
I can't do it without y'all. You can contact me on whatsapp with 08036841786 to join my campaign group so as to discuss or you can simply quote me your number or PM it to me.. May God bless you all and grant you heart desires as you support me in making mine a reality. Thanks

U miss road...turn left...
Re: Youths Kill Four Suspected Pirates (Graphic Photo) by SWAGGAVILLAGE(m): 6:28pm On Jun 01, 2015
lolaxavier:

U miss road...turn left...
thanku

(1) (Reply)

PICTURES: Prophet Feeds Snakes To Congregation / A Thief Was Caught In My School Today / Unknown Gunmen Kidnaps OBA Of IBA Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.