Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

I Want To Motivate And Help Physically Challenged People-oluwole Olabode - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Want To Motivate And Help Physically Challenged People-oluwole Olabode (345 Views)

Kemen Challenged To Do 20 Push Ups While Carrying Man Weighing 114kg (video) / Kcee Looking Like A Physically Challenged Person As He Poses With Dbanj / Teebillz Denies Physically Abusing Tiwa Savage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Motivate And Help Physically Challenged People-oluwole Olabode by opportuniti(m): 12:10pm On Jun 01, 2015
Oluwole Olabode is a young Nigerian student and the convener of ‘Gifted Minds’, a Non Governmental Organisation (NGO) that cares for the physically challenged persons. Wole, though disabled, initiated and run the NGO for people with special needs. In this exclusive interview, he shares his thoughts and reasons people like him should be cared for specially.

Let’s get to meet you.
I am Oluwole Olabode by name. I attended Comprehensive Academy, Ogun state and also furthered my education at Community College Baltimore County where I earned a degree in Computer Science. I would still like to take a major course in Information Technology so as to be equipped with advanced knowledge and analytical tools that would make me qualified for my future success.

What informed your decision to float this NGO?
Being an individual that have stayed both in Nigeria, and America, I realized the need to help those who are less privileged. I realized how much disabled individuals are finding it difficult to achieve their dreams. So many disabled individuals are dreamers who want to live a better life, change the world as much as they can, and also contribute to the growth of our country. However, these dreams are been cut short because of the neglect of they suffer in the society. Social welfare for the disabled is very poor in Nigeria. Rather than been in classes, disabled individuals are seen on the streets either begging for alms or hawking by the road side and they sometimes end up been hit by moving cars.

click here to read more: http://opportuniti.org/?p=735

Due

(1) (Reply)

Artist Davido Is Graduating From The University’s Department Of Music Today. / BREAKING – Bashir Flies Out Of South Africa Court Case Continues / UN Releases Report On Sex Abuse By Peacekeepers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.