Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,066 members, 7,825,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Top 5 Young And Dope Nigerian Rappers 2015 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Young And Dope Nigerian Rappers 2015 (3001 Views)

Top 10 African Rappers 2015 / Top 10 Best Hausa Rappers 2015 / Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Young And Dope Nigerian Rappers 2015 by kenny091(m): 1:11pm On Jun 01, 2015
I know some Nigerians complain about the fact that our music industry shells out poor quality music, this right here are five guys that know their stuff as far as rap is concerned and can hold their own world wide in quality music. Its a list from my personal experience with this guys (earphones plugged in my ear, rhyming or humming along).

5.Blaqbonez: call it Nairaland bias, call it scam, call it fraud, call it orubebeism, call it whatever you like. The truth remains in an era where ni**as lie, this young rapper remains the truth, the first time I heard him spit was on his yung6ix diss track warning and coming from a 6ix fan, he murked yung6ix diligently, the punchlines were stunning, the flow was dope and the beat which was copped from j.cole’s “is she gon pop” was perfect. Imagine my shock when I found out he was a nairalander. The second track I heard from him was gotten from this forum here, his track titled the Blaqprint 2015 was predictably number one on the chart of top ten songs from nairalanders. Enough respect Blaq, keep up the good works, the sky is your limit.
Standout Track: Warning|| Blaqbones
Standout Line: you can sleep with prostitutes, but you still won’t rise from the ashi’s/ashes.

4. Splashjosh: the first track I heard from this guy was ‘word from moms’ and I instantly knew this was the real deal, he is one of the foreign imports in this list as he is based in Detroit USA, and this no doubt contributed to the ease of his flows. If you want solid one-liners and philosophical words of wisdom like drake and j.cole are known for this is your guy. He came out with a solid mixtape around 2012/2013 called the Schoolboys’ mixtape and it is still smoking hot even today!!! The standout track for me though was “Don’t Blush” featuring Tosindola. Talk about superb story-telling, kudos to Tosindola too, the chorus was superb. Watch out for this guy he is going places.
Standout Track: Don’t Blush ft Tosindola
Standout line: “These days a lot of Ni**as single cos y’all want a church girl that can deep-throat”.

3. Chyn: This right here is another foreign import into the rap scene his full name is Cheyenne Hamilton Labesa, he is of Nigerian descent though in case you are wondering. From his music I can derive that he graduated not too long ago from a university abroad with the support of his mum and has decided to focus on his music which probably explains why his debut album is titled “the graduate”. He seems to be close friends with falz the badt guy as they have about 2 or 3 tracks together and he appeared in the marry me video by Falz. If you’ll take my advice, seek out this guy’s album (the graduate) and you’ll regain hope for the Nigerian rap scene.
Standout Track: Jamming Afrika ft Falz
Standout line: “Body from from the Movies she caused a scene with it”

2. Sute: Now this might sound like some made up stuff from some season film but this kid is a 21 year old rapper with an 18 year old producer called Tay. This guys belong to a movement called the Bantu collection which is an African centered westernised movement. The lines on this guy are heavenly and his flows are from another planet, Tay’s production reeks of musical maturity (NB: kid is a mad vocalist, he has a track called gabriel). Drop Sute on a track and he can flow on forever. He has a mixtape titled ‘Jeli’ which has practically all the tracks as super dope rap.
Standout Track: Jeli ft Mr Nelson
Standout Line: Badagry (the whole track is a big fat standout line)

1. Mojeed: The Jagaban of Nigerian music (not talking about Baba Tinubu oh). The westernised west african boy himself is chilling on top of this list because he’s the closest of this rap geniuses to the mainstream Nigerian music. He is signed on to Aristokrat records (the Burna boy one). Mojeed is a 27 year old rapper who grew uppartly in Lagos, schooling inkings college Lagos and ADRAO V.I befor moving to the US for further studies. Mojeed still retains the Lagos swags and switches between this two parts in his tracks to leave his fans purring. Guy literally jumos from smooth phonee (phonetics) to conc Yoruba. He is also a king of One-liners. His mixtape ‘Westernised West African’ is a rare gem that should be copped by any serious rap lover in Nigeria.
Stand out Track: Jagaban
Stand out Line: Feeling like Da’vinci am a Bastard with Talent.

NOTABLE MENTIONS: AQ, DIRTY A, YCEE, POSLY TD
cc lalasticlala, ishilove, mukina2, seun

1 Share

Re: Top 5 Young And Dope Nigerian Rappers 2015 by kenny091(m): 1:14pm On Jun 01, 2015
job done
Re: Top 5 Young And Dope Nigerian Rappers 2015 by tammyboy1(m): 9:53am On Jun 02, 2015
Who are these people?
Re: Top 5 Young And Dope Nigerian Rappers 2015 by kenny091(m): 7:41pm On Jun 03, 2015
They are nigerian rappers that you should listen to if you love good music

(1) (Reply)

Download Music Davido – If (prod. By Tekno) / Plantashun Boiz Reunion Album Is Titled Plan B. / Lyrics Of Wizkid – Ojuelegba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.