Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Lawyer Invokes FOI, Demands Copy Of Buhari’s Asset Declaration Form From CCB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyer Invokes FOI, Demands Copy Of Buhari’s Asset Declaration Form From CCB (880 Views)

Jimoh Ibrahim Picks Ondo Governorship Form From Sheriff / Saraki's Assets Declaration Form Has Been "Tampered With" - Lawyer / Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyer Invokes FOI, Demands Copy Of Buhari’s Asset Declaration Form From CCB by Stevogue(m): 2:37pm On Jun 01, 2015
A lawyer, Barrister Osuagwu Ugochukwu has, citing Sections 1 and 4 Freedom of Information Act 2011, demanded to obtain copies of asset declaration form belonging to President Muhammadu Buhari. In a formal letter titled “Request For Copies Of Asset Declaration Form No.President:000001/2015 Belonging To President Muhammadu Buhari”, dated June 1, 2015...CONTINUE: http://crimefacts.org/lawyer-invokes-foi-demands-copy-of-buharis-asset-declaration-form-from-ccb/
Re: Lawyer Invokes FOI, Demands Copy Of Buhari’s Asset Declaration Form From CCB by doctokwus: 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2015
This is trying to gain cheap popularity.
It has also called into question d worth of this lawyer for him not to know that the CCB has to first verify the claims before any issue of its publication or non publication and truthfulness of the claims can be called into question.
So much for seeking cheap popularity.

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Invokes FOI, Demands Copy Of Buhari’s Asset Declaration Form From CCB by CSTR2: 3:01pm On Jun 01, 2015
doctokwus:
This is trying to gain cheap popularity.
It has also called into question d worth of this lawyer for him not to know that the CCB has to first verify the claims before any issue of its publication or non publication and truthfulness of the claims can be called into question.
Guy calm down.
The way you people jump to defend buhari needlessly calls your patriotism into question.
Are you for buhari or for Nigeria.?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Invokes FOI, Demands Copy Of Buhari’s Asset Declaration Form From CCB by doctokwus: 3:04pm On Jun 01, 2015
CSTR2:
Guy calm down.
The way you people jump to defend buhari needlessly calls your patriotism into question.
U should be asking d op and those who open silly threads that: are they against Nigeria or against buhari?
Re: Lawyer Invokes FOI, Demands Copy Of Buhari’s Asset Declaration Form From CCB by CSTR2: 3:08pm On Jun 01, 2015
doctokwus:

U should be asking d op and those who open silly threads that: are they against Nigeria or against buhari?
Most patriotic Nigerians want buhari to publicly declare his assets asap.
I don't know on whose side you people are on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Invokes FOI, Demands Copy Of Buhari’s Asset Declaration Form From CCB by midolian(m): 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2015
doctokwus:
This is trying to gain cheap popularity.It has also called into question d worth of this lawyer for him not to know that the CCB has to first verify the claims before any issue of its publication or non publication and truthfulness of the claims can be called into question.
thank you..
As far as I am concerned, the guy does not deserve to be called a lawyer. A real lawyer should know this thing takes time. Mayb the C&B lawyer doesn't read.

CSTR2:
Guy calm down.
No one is defending Buhari here..I am not sure you read his post well. All we are saying is for pple to have patience, @ least for a month(which is enough for the code of conduct bureau to verify what is contained in the form). Buhari has not said he won't declare his assets publicly the way Nigerians want it and pple are already making noise. Go and confirm how long it took Yaradua to declare his.
Re: Lawyer Invokes FOI, Demands Copy Of Buhari’s Asset Declaration Form From CCB by Jorussia(m): 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2015
.The lawyer is on point, he has every right to demand for the details of the asset declared by PMB as guaranteed by the FOI act.Contrary to the expectations of most Nigerians, PMB can not just call the press and start telling Nigerians his asset,his asset is to be published by the CCB after verification by them.I voted for PMB in the last election, but,i don't owe my loyalty to him,rather to Nigeria.
Re: Lawyer Invokes FOI, Demands Copy Of Buhari’s Asset Declaration Form From CCB by ki02020(m): 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2015
This is what I mean if their assets infomation are accessible good one but it is not then buhari and his vice are both fooling themselves
Re: Lawyer Invokes FOI, Demands Copy Of Buhari’s Asset Declaration Form From CCB by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:16pm On Jun 01, 2015
lol, I knw that type of botanical name will pop up...

grin

okay, for your information, until the said body is done with their investigations over the submitted assets, you will get nothing...

but I meantime, keep on singing...

I guess you just wanted to be heard...
Re: Lawyer Invokes FOI, Demands Copy Of Buhari’s Asset Declaration Form From CCB by libertyfather(m): 3:19pm On Jun 01, 2015
Apparently there people who just cannot wait to criticize every step taken by President Buhari even if they are glaringly acting in palpable ignorance. The meaning of "Public" in the procedure for asset declaration is not going on Facebook or necessarily on the pages of news paper to make announcement that I have this and that. It is in the following laid down procedure: As government official, you apply for and fill the asset declaration form, with proof , and submit same to Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) for normal verification and evaluation. The CCB will conduct searches and assessment (Valuation) within a stipulated or reasonable period of time permitted by law. If the authority discovers any discrepancy, it will report to the Code of Conduct Tribunal which has the full power of a court of Law to institute sanctions. But, if not, it is published in the official gazette and that makes it public. The process takes not less than 30 days. Any incorrect information in your asset declaration documents attracts 21years imprisonment without option of fine. So, President Buhari has done the normal thing from the way he and his deputy have declared their assets so far. Education is power!
Re: Lawyer Invokes FOI, Demands Copy Of Buhari’s Asset Declaration Form From CCB by doctokwus: 3:21pm On Jun 01, 2015
CSTR2:
Most patriotic Nigerians want buhari to publicly declare his assets asap.
I don't know on whose side you people are on.
I maintain that the lawyer is trying to gain cheap popularity.
When d announcement was made even we supporters felt buhari should keep his campaign promise of declaring his assets publicly, and we intend to make him keep up to it.
It was then explained that there are steps,one of which is d verification by d CCB and thereafter its expected he should declare same publicly,within 100 days as he promised.
So d lawyer coming at dis stage to invoke d FOI bill is just childish and would amount to nought which he either knows himself and tries to garner cheap headlines or amazingly doesn't know,which will be a slight on his profession.

(1) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Is The Best Candidate For The Senate President. / Tinubu Behind Call For Buhari’s Resignation", Northern Youths Allege / Ben Murray Bruce: Image Marketing Or The People's Person?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.