Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) (19275 Views)

SGF Babachir Lawal Corruption Case : Company Documents Leaked (pics) / Court Quashes Charges Against Sylva / Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by Tdhforreal(m): 7:15pm On Jun 01, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Oops, sorry. Didn't know you were on nairaland grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy :Di
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by phrancky(m): 7:17pm On Jun 01, 2015
Lol grin

WHERE IS THE CHANGE[/size][/quote
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by PassingShot(m): 7:17pm On Jun 01, 2015
doctokwus:
This is honestly shocking,uncalled for and must be reviewed.
Whoever thinks Nigerians voted for the same of d same must be joking.We voted for change and change we must get into how we conduct our business in Nigeria.
Did you read the article to know why DPP withdrew the case?
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by BabaOneChance: 7:17pm On Jun 01, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Oops, sorry. Didn't know you were on nairaland grin grin grin
I am in ebery social network now. In Pacevook, Twitter, Whatsapp, BBM, 2GO...eben on Badoo. I shall monita ebery hate comment against me and my gobment and deal with depaulters akwondingly

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by echarlz(m): 7:22pm On Jun 01, 2015
I saw this coming once Keyamo withdrew from the case last week despite significant progress already made. We still have a long way to go in the fight against corruption
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by echarlz(m): 7:29pm On Jun 01, 2015
PassingShot:

That's never an acceptable reason for the office of the AGF to withdraw the case and even overruling the EFCC in the process of doing that. The application for waithdrawal should have been filed by the defense citing that reason. The prosecuion can't cry more than the bereaved (defense). Clear case of injustice and favouritism and of course business as usual
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 01, 2015
If buhari does not reverse this action, he is gradually losing my support.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 01, 2015
All the PDP members who refused to decamp to APC are all corrupt and must all be prosecuted, persecuted and permuted.

All APC members are "progressives". Amechi is not "kworupt"

A P C. change....

1 Like

Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by Truckpusher(m): 7:33pm On Jun 01, 2015
Obiagelli:
Wake up dear - Politicians are all the same people. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by PenAndPaper: 7:34pm On Jun 01, 2015
Hehehehehe una never see anything..... grin
Kwaraption my foot.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
Wake up dear - Politicians are all the same people. tongue
I sincerely hope not, i have never been scammed in my life but the traces i am seeing since Friday is scary.
I will wait and see o

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by Truckpusher(m): 7:50pm On Jun 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

I sincerely hope not, i have never been scammed in my life but the traces i am seeing since Friday is scary.
I will wait and see o
grin grin grin grin

Who said you've never been scammed in your life - These days it's called grouped scam, the more you look the less you see.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by francizy(m): 7:52pm On Jun 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

I will wait and see o

Hehehehehe, Obialu ga eli.. Owebero ihe ifu! grin
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by francizy(m): 7:55pm On Jun 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
grin grin grin grin

Who said you've never been scammed in your life - These days it's called grouped scam, the more you look the less you see.

Heheheheh, I don't believe the "Incorruptible General" did that because he can't do no wrong. On the other hand, Jonathan must have don it from Otuoke! grin

1 Like

Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by Enegod(m): 7:55pm On Jun 01, 2015
BabaOneChance:
Timipre never touched that money. There is a report reaching us that a very big rat is living in the courthouse. So the case has to be withdrawn pending when we have a way of catching the rat. Don't forget this is new system, so we have employed new methods to solving issues as such.
APC - - - CHANGE! undecided
BabaOneChance is finally here with us! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
onatisi:
did u even bother to read the article at all? Because all u wrote in ur post depicts someone who is absolutely mentally unstable and imbalance. Just take it easy with this ur apc crack u are taking and read the article again .
mumu.
.the point it, buhari already said past governments won't be witch hunted, but new thieves will be dealth with!
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

I will wait and see o

Hold on, they will fight "corruption".
Only it may not be what you have in mind.

After all, when the tyrant trampled on the constitution, he placed Shagari under house arrest while Ekwueme was held in prison

If Sylva is let off the hook, Odua might not.
If Amechi is not arrested, Deziani might be.

Cheers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by Firefire(m): 8:02pm On Jun 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

I will remind you when he reverses it... cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by Eziachi: 8:07pm On Jun 01, 2015
Who takes EFCC seriously?
Why drop the case?
Does it mean that he is now clean all of a sudden just because he is in the party in power or was he innocent all along but they decided to do the bidding of the past government?
These people are not serious.
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by Truckpusher(m): 8:11pm On Jun 01, 2015
francizy:

Heheheheh, I don't believe the "Incorruptible General" did that because he can't do no wrong. On the other hand, Jonathan must have don it from Otuoke! grin
Whatever, I started supporting Jonathan when I saw how he was being abused by these bastards here that are feeding fat at the expense of his homeland and way of life of his poor,impoverished and marginalized people.

Personally , I don't like politicians - I see them as the same set of criminal elites irrespective of their region and religion that has left Nigerians in a state of constant wants and unfulfilled promises with too many Nigerians going down their graves with great disappointment,without achieveing any single dream even with their too many potentials and all they've known in their short-lived lives was nothing but hunger,thirst,suffering,anger,brutality,injustice and disease.

If God doesn't not judge the Nigerian ruling class severely then he would have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah, else he will forever remain a God of injustice.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by Eziachi: 8:11pm On Jun 01, 2015
noblezone:

Hold on, they will fight "corruption".
Only it may not be what you have in mind.

After all, when the tyrant trampled on the constitution, he placed Shagari under house arrest while Ekwueme was held in prison

If Sylva is let off the hook, Odua might not.
If Amechi is not arrested, Deziani might be.

Cheers
What did Shagari do to be in prison?
We knew what Ekwueme did.
And you forgot to mention the one in a crates. Umaru Dikko is not from Nnewi but a fellow Hausa/Fulani. You conviniently forgot that. What business of mine is where Ekwueme was kept , just because he is Igbo that cares less about my existence?
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by blackpriest0911: 8:16pm On Jun 01, 2015
The is a similar case with justice AY Muhammad, so SaTANoids Stop shouting
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by anonimi: 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
whether PDP go die or hang, it is so sure that you cannot go against all people. especially not those who contributed to your success.

now, this doesn't say that PDPigst will go scoff free, we shall jail them all. it is time for political witch hunting, take it or leave it...tinubu is clean, amaechi shall be exonerated...yes, as a clear plot of gratitude...

So how is this different from Jonathan pardoning a man who had already paid for his crime

Indeed APC is change. Change to WORSE! embarassed embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by ldpele(m): 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2015
Jorussia:
.You guys should stop embarrassing yourselves here,the case was withdrawn because sylva is facing similar charges before another judge.
don't deceive yourself and others. Even a thief have a REASON to steal.
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by ldpele(m): 8:21pm On Jun 01, 2015
echarlz:

That's never an acceptable reason for the office of the AGF to withdraw the case and even overruling the EFCC in the process of doing that. The application for waithdrawal should have been filed by the defense citing that reason. The prosecuion can't cry more than the bereaved (defense). Clear case of injustice and favouritism and of course business as usual
if they don't understand what you explained, u dear not repeat yourself again, it then means they are totally doomed.
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by obayaya(m): 8:25pm On Jun 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

I will wait and see o

I bola chi?

Good Morning

you've finally woken?

At least you're honest enough to admit it..

That's why you my favorite APC fan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 01, 2015
Eziachi:

What did Shagari do to be in prison?
We knew what Ekwueme did.
And you forgot to mention that the crates to face punishment, Umaru Dikko is not from Nnewi.

We knew why Buhari went after Umaro Diko.
Forget the corruption fight crap.
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by francizy(m): 8:34pm On Jun 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
Whatever, I started supporting Jonathan when I saw how he was being abused by these bastards here that are feeding fat at the expense of his homeland and way of life of his poor,impoverished and marginalized people.

Personally , I don't like politicians - I see them as the same set of criminal elites irrespective of their region and religion that has left Nigerians in a state of constant wants and unfulfilled promises with too many Nigerians going down their graves with great disappointment,without achieveing any single dream even with their too many potentials and all they've known in their short-lived lives was nothing but hunger,thirst,suffering,anger,brutality,injustice and disease.

If God doesn't not judge the Nigerian ruling class severely then he would have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah, else he will forever remain a God of injustice.

This one's deep. May I remind you that we're no longer in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah. So many impunities are committed on daily basis and I still believe the coming of Christ is what made God merciful to mankind, leaving us time to repent of our sins. Am no born again but I do believe in God and Christ.

Back to discussion, the main reason I supported GEJ wasn't because he performed wonders but because the same people criticizing him performed worse than he did but yet the bigoted set of people didn't organize a kick-him-out campaign. There is this general trend of a particular set dominating the federal level of our democracy and nobody saw anything in it. Same people who ruled us decades ago and destroyed the country are now chanting change.
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by doctokwus: 8:35pm On Jun 01, 2015
PassingShot:

These are trying times for the nation,when we have been given perhaps the last opportunity to change the course of this nation.Supporters,opposition, must ensure buhari succeeds by nipping in d bud any action that gives a bad signal even if done by some overzealous official.
Its not proper at this time for d efcc to have expressly wanted d charges withdrawn,even if its a duplication of same charge with other judges.
Where they not aware prior to this time that they were duplication of charges in other courts against d same individual?It sends a bad message which some people would wish to exploit for their own mischievous motives.
What efcc should have done is not to enter an appearance in this other court or something in that line,not giving d DPP instruction,making it look like it was some directed to do so.
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2015
CHANGE IS HERE.

LETS ENJOY THIS CHANGE

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

Back to the era of only my friends are free to loot.
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by BraniacX(m): 8:44pm On Jun 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

I will wait and see o

Bwahahahahaha

Chickens coming home to roost

Besides, there's always a first time for everything, including being scammed
Re: Corruption Case Against Sylva Withdrawn (ex-bayelsa Governor) by seyola(m): 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2015
April 28, 2015
As a prelude to the consolidation of all the charges against former Bayelsa State governor, Timipre Sylva, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Monday withdrew the six-count charge of fraud before Justice E. S Chukwu of the Federal High Court sitting in Maitama, Abuja.
The withdrawal, according to the Commission, is to allow it consolidate the charges against the former governor, pending before two Federal High Courts in Abuja.
In the charge which was withdrawn today, Mr. Sylva was being prosecuted by the EFCC for allegedly converting N2billion (Two Billion Naira) worth of properties and resources belonging to Bayelsa State between 2009 and 2010, during his tenure as governor of the State.
The former governor also has similar charges, a 42-count charge, pending against him before Justice Ahmed Mohammed of the Federal High Court, Abuja.
In the charge, the former governor along with Francis Okokwo, Gbenga Balogun, and Samuel Ogbuku, allegedly conspired and used three companies – Marlin Maritime Limited, Eat Catering Services Limited, and Haloween-Blue Construction and Logistics Limited to move about N19.2 billion from Bayelsa State coffers between 2009 and 2012, under false pretence of using the withdrawn money to augment salaries of the state government workers.
At Monday’s hearing, O. J Nnadi, SAN, representing the Director of Public Prosecution, Muhammed Diri, prayed the court to withdraw the charges against the accused.
Mr. Nnadi, however did not clearly state the conditions upon which the application for withdrawal was being sought. But the counsel to the EFCC, J.A Ojogbane, told the court that, there had been preliminary arguments in respect of a similar case before Justice Mohammed which, according to him, necessitated the application to withdraw the case at hand.
In his response, Mr. Sylva’s counsel, O I.Oloundare, SAN, prayed the court to dismiss the charge, since the prosecution had sought to withdraw it.
He also pleaded with the court to order the EFCC to release the international passport of his client.
After listening to the submissions of both counsels, Justice Chukwu discharged the accused and ordered the EFCC to release his passport.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting (Photos) / Reno Speaks On Video Of Uncompleted Ogwashi-Ukwu Dam PMB said was Commissioned / "Akpabio Is A Political Pensioner" - Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.