Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,232 members, 7,860,476 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:28 AM

Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation (21861 Views)

Toyin Saraki: We Need Change In Perception To End Female Genital Mutilation / Breast Ironing – Girls Face Mutilation / Is The World Afraid To Mention The Female Genital Organs By Its Original Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 01, 2015

1 Like

Since?!

1 Like

Johnnoah1st:
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF GENITAL MUTILATION

Female circumcision.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by eduxerxes: 6:59pm On Jun 01, 2015
I know a village in Akwa Ibom where girls willingly line up to get circumcised (FGM) all in a bid to "belong" and NOT be castigated as an outcast!
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by Lilaex: 6:59pm On Jun 01, 2015
but actualy this ppl dont knw what thy ar doing o! dont thy know that if they cut the part that is responsible for the ginger men go look for kpakus taya.bcz womn no go knw the meainn of watin them carry.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by frisky2good(m): 6:59pm On Jun 01, 2015
April fools day is not a holiday, is it?

SuperNover:
good.

meanwhile,

one day an atheist went to a court and reported a
case that easter,christmas,passover and new year
holidays should be
cancelled because they are all holidays for the
christians and for the jews, his annoyance was
that there was no holiday
for the atheists.on hearing his selfish plea the
judge said mr man i think you have nothing to
say,kindly go back home
and have a nice rest.then his lawyer angrily
opposed the judge saying but this man is right he
has no holiday and for
justice to be served all other holidays must be
cancelled.the judge laughed and said "havent you
heard that on the
first of april is april fools day? and psalms 14:1
says he who says in his heart there is no God is a
fool . so what
other explanation do you need . april fools day is
your day because you are a fool . . . . ha ha ha
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by bankai2015(f): 6:59pm On Jun 01, 2015
na old news be this na, make them go all those villages especially yoruba land, arrest those elders,

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by stayblack: 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
NOW,THE FEMALS GO FEEL REAL HOT B4,THE ALMIGHTY ROD COME IN...GOOD DEVELOPMENT...AM IMPRESSS... cool
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by eduxerxes: 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
timilehin007:
shoro niyen
meaning?
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by handie(m): 7:01pm On Jun 01, 2015
feran14:

I almost died when my biology teacher was teaching me in secondary school
Didn't really know such still happens until they did it to my younger and only sister last year... Because according to ma grandma, if a girl doesn't do it, she won't be able to give birth. Mehn, I was livid with anger
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by beloxxi(m): 7:01pm On Jun 01, 2015
na waoo
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by 1miccza: 7:03pm On Jun 01, 2015
Nice move
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by bornmekus: 7:05pm On Jun 01, 2015
That's a good one.
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by Mourin(f): 7:05pm On Jun 01, 2015
Ok, the general public should take note
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 01, 2015
baybeeboi:
please, what is female genital mutilation?

I have never heard of that.
Female genital mutilation ( FGM), also
known as female genital cutting and female
circumcision , is the ritual removal of some
or all of the external female Instruments.
Typically carried out by a traditional
circumciser using a blade or razor
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by KoloOyinbo(m): 7:12pm On Jun 01, 2015
This is excellent news for Nigeria. Africa take note. This savage and immoral act has no place in a civilized society.
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by Kolade354(m): 7:13pm On Jun 01, 2015
SeverusSnape:
They should take note.
President Buhari need your support and prayer. grin
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 01, 2015
Are you retailer, wholesaler or a businessman or woman? Or do you just love engaging in the act of buying and selling? If yes, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. TDC Honey Beauty Soap is a soap that has natural ingredients rich in honey, shea butter and aleo vera that treats pimples and other skin diseases (for more information on the soap,please click here https://www.nairaland.com/1870814/tdc-honey-beauty-soap) with an affordable trade price and a good profit.For more information please call 08037169780, 08188513647Or contact us today at tdc_soaps@yahoo.com.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by RobinHez(m): 7:14pm On Jun 01, 2015
thank God
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by adeA1(m): 7:16pm On Jun 01, 2015
Does it affect them in anyway b4? Just dnt knw weather it does ve aby effect in theier sexual urge.
Matured mind abeg
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by baybeeboi: 7:18pm On Jun 01, 2015
Thavybe:
Female genital mutilation ( FGM), also known as female genital cutting and female circumcision , is the ritual removal of some or all of the external female Instruments. Typically carried out by a traditional circumciser using a blade or razor

Omg!

Can't believe women are castrated in Nigeria.

That's cruel

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 01, 2015
baybeeboi:

Omg!

Can't believe women are castrated in Nigeria.

That's cruel

Its sick and barbaric

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by helovesme(f): 7:27pm On Jun 01, 2015
handie:
Didn't really know such still happens until they did it to my younger and only sister last year... Because according to ma grandma, if a girl doesn't do it, she won't be able to give birth. Mehn, I was livid with anger

shocked shocked shocked

FGM In 2014? shocked

Are your parents not educated and enlightened?

Your grandma is wrong. It's actually the reverse. FGM has been known to lead to very painful sex and almost impossible/difficult vaginal birth

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by helovesme(f): 7:28pm On Jun 01, 2015
bankai2015:
na old news be this na, make them go all those villages especially yoruba land, arrest those elders,

Yorubas do not practice FGM on their girls. It's a known fact!!

This barbaric act is common amongst people in the East (Edo and Delta inclusive) as well as the Niger Delta region.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by crystall20(m): 7:31pm On Jun 01, 2015
Loads of cash to be won on fixed matches, get your sure 100% fixed game by contacting our agents on 2348136171479 to get subscribed and get winning
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by Bolosiye: 7:33pm On Jun 01, 2015
Way oh! Has anybody seen how disgusting dat tin looks when un circumcised? e no good 4 eye oh
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by handie(m): 7:53pm On Jun 01, 2015
helovesme:

shocked shocked shocked

FGM In 2014? shocked

Are your parents not educated and enlightened?

Your grandma is wrong. It's actually the reverse. FGM has been known to lead to very painful sex and almost impossible/difficult vaginal birth
Dad wasn't aware. Mum ain't got an option. Anyways sha, let's all join hands in eradicating this menace
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by SporaD8: 7:54pm On Jun 01, 2015
We should b banning child marriage first.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by helovesme(f): 7:56pm On Jun 01, 2015
handie:
Dad wasn't aware. Mum ain't got an option. Anyways sha, let's all join hands in eradicating this menace

Wow. That's really sad.

How old is your sister if you don't mind me asking?

How did she cope with the pain after the deed was done?
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by omooba969(m): 7:58pm On Jun 01, 2015
Good step in the right direction.
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by antsut(m): 8:02pm On Jun 01, 2015
What about male genital mutilation?! embarassed embarassed embarassedhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm15zJPx8-M
Re: Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation by handie(m): 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2015
helovesme:

Wow. That's really sad.

How old is your sister if you don't mind me asking?

How did she cope with the pain after the deed was done?
Was 7 and didn't show any indication of pain. Didn't even know about it until I heard em talking about it later that evening... Truth is, this malaise goes beyond education. Many educated peeps still engage in it #SayNoToFGM

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hananya Naftali Shares Eri Festival Moments Online / Yorubás come show your proverbs skills / Saadu Haliru: Emir Of Lafiagi Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.