Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. (2804 Views)

Nigeria’s Secret Police SSS Invited To Raid ‘corrupt’ National Assembly / BREAKING: Nigeria’s Secret Police, SSS, Releases Detained Judges / Buhari Under Pressure To Disband DSS, Nigeria’s Secret Police. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. by bolaino(m): 9:26pm On Jun 01, 2015
When I was Younger, under the administration of Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, there was a Government program he instituted in Nigerian Universities then, and Many former cult members of Different Cult Organisations, like the Aye Axemen, Haba Krier, Viking, BAN, KKK, etc renounced their membership to these various secret cults, and they pledged to live a life free of Crime and Live meaningful lives, the program was applauded, as it saw to throngs of students in secret cults coming out to renounce their affiliation to these groups, the program helped to reduce the menace of cultism in Nigerian institutions, and I believe that such a program should be re-introduced under the Buhari-Osinbanjo led Administration, Because the spate of Cult related killings and Other related Cult practices are endangering the lives of Innocent Nigerian Youths, Wole Soyinka should be made a mediator between Young Cultists who want to Renounce and President Muhamadu Buhari, I believe if we Reconcile all aggrieved cult parties in Nigerian Universities and Get them to Renounce their various memberships, we will have a more secure Future for our Youths, #SayNoToCultism.

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. by DaBullIT(m): 9:29pm On Jun 01, 2015
I Hope we can revive that

In other news, we heard that the former governor is Osun gathered their data , contacted them and used them for the election , bloodiest election so far

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. by tpiadotcom: 9:41pm On Jun 01, 2015
what year was that?

I remember seeing something about it.
Re: The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. by bolaino(m): 9:41pm On Jun 01, 2015
DaBullIT:
I Hope we can revive that

In other news, we heard that the former governor is Osun gathered their data , contacted them and used them for the election , bloodiest election so far
If that is so, then they can be recruited to fight boko haram. If they don't want to renounce they should go to Sambisa forest to fight boko haram. Because the Threat of Boko Haram is becoming something else.
Re: The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. by bolaino(m): 9:43pm On Jun 01, 2015
tpiadotcom:
what year was that?

I remember seeing something about it.
It was From 1999-2001/2002, I think, I'm not certain, so i can't give actual specifics, but there was a program like that then.
Re: The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. by tpiadotcom: 9:44pm On Jun 01, 2015
I know i heard about it, just cant remember the details.

I think it was after the OAU thing.

with june 12/jurassic park around the corner, lord knows what's in stock now.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. by bolaino(m): 10:26pm On Jun 01, 2015
tpiadotcom:

yeah, these are some of my thoughts.
Re: The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. by tpiadotcom: 2:29am On Jun 02, 2015
there's actually very little online info on this topic.

seems the number of renounced cultists might actually not be that high (tokens perhaps), so it could be nothing really changed per se.

In addition, there is also the possibility there are no known figures or data about cult membership and also, not every cult member is necessarily a student.

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. by bolaino(m): 1:14pm On Jun 02, 2015
tpiadotcom:
there's actually very little online info on this topic.

seems the number of renounced cultists might actually not be that high (tokens perhaps), so it could be nothing really changed per se.

In addition, there is also the possibility there are no known figures or data about cult membership and also, not every cult member is necessarily a student.
True Observations, so what would be your suggestions on How to go about a program like that?
Re: The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. by tpiadotcom: 7:26pm On Jun 02, 2015
no idea, really.

whatever incentive that brings people into cults in the first place, is what should be looked at to begin with.

besides, cult renunciation should be a personal thing imo, doing it theatrically seems somehow but I cant say for sure though.

for example, has cultism really been eradicated on campuses and is it even possible to eradicate cults from campuses?

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. by bolaino(m): 8:54pm On Jun 02, 2015
tpiadotcom:
no idea, really.

whatever incentive that brings people into cults in the first place, is what should be looked at to begin with.

besides, cult renunciation should be a personal thing imo, doing it theatrically seems somehow but I cant say for sure though.

for example, has cultism really been eradicated on campuses and is it even possible to eradicate cults from campuses?
Hmmm, well let's just keep this Thread open, maybe we could talk more about this as Time progresses, drop ideas we have on this issue, Thanks for participating in this discussion.
Re: The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. by joseph1832(m): 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2015
Well its a welcome development and idea but I believe many of them now, especially those who just joined are so hooked to the system that they can't survive outside it.

I've seen this many times happen to majority of them who can't leave outside the walls of whatever group they joined. All in the name of 'feeling among'.

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. by tpiadotcom: 1:47am On Jun 03, 2015
bolaino:
Hmmm, well let's just keep this Thread open, maybe we could talk more about this as Time progresses, drop ideas we have on this issue, Thanks for participating in this discussion.

You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. by realborn(m): 4:11am On Jun 03, 2015
tpiadotcom:

I remember after George Iwilade aka Afrika, the outspoken SUG Secretary General and other 4 persons were killed on July 10, 1999, by cultists in the wee hours of the day, that the renunciation took place. Thereafter, it was mooted that any cultist(s) caught will be subjected to "maximum shishi" (under the laws of Awo Hall) which involves mob action by students...

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. by tpiar: 11:20pm On Jan 06, 2016
dunno if cult eradication is at all possible.
Re: The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. by bolaino(m): 7:18pm On Jan 11, 2016
tpiar:
dunno if cult eradication is at all possible.
Re: The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. by bolaino(m): 6:50am On Aug 23, 2016
bolaino:
When I was Younger, under the administration of Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, there was a Government program he instituted in Nigerian Universities then, and Many former cult members of Different Cult Organisations, like the Aye Axemen, Haba Krier, Viking, BAN, KKK, etc renounced their membership to these various secret cults, and they pledged to live a life free of Crime and Live meaningful lives, the program was applauded, as it saw to throngs of students in secret cults coming out to renounce their affiliation to these groups, the program helped to reduce the menace of cultism in Nigerian institutions, and I believe that such a program should be re-introduced under the Buhari-Osinbanjo led Administration, Because the spate of Cult related killings and Other related Cult practices are endangering the lives of Innocent Nigerian Youths, Wole Soyinka should be made a mediator between Young Cultists who want to Renounce and President Muhamadu Buhari, I believe if we Reconcile all aggrieved cult parties in Nigerian Universities and Get them to Renounce their various memberships, we will have a more secure Future for our Youths, #SayNoToCultism.
please I am still reiterating the above post. Help please.
Re: The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. by bolaino(m): 7:03am On Dec 15, 2017
bolaino:

(1) (Reply)

Enlightenment On Senate And House Of Representative. / U.S. Links Buhari’s Associates With Stolen $150b / APC “disowns” Amaechi, Fashola, Others As Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.