Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

2019 Presidential Race Clouds National Assembly Leadership Contest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Presidential Race Clouds National Assembly Leadership Contest (1202 Views)

2019: Presidential Nomination Forms To Cost N10million / National Assembly Leadership: ‘Your Threats Are Empty’, PDP Tells APC / Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Presidential Race Clouds National Assembly Leadership Contest by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2015
2019 Presidential Race Clouds National Assembly Leadership Contest

By Emmanuel Aziken,

The contest for leadership positions in the yet to be inaugurated 8th National Assembly has become enmeshed in the jostling for ascendancy by prospective aspirants in the All Progressives Congress, APC, for the 2019 presidential ticket of the party.

With word on the prospects of President Muhammadu Buhari seeking re-election yet unclear, a number of potential 2019 presidential hopefuls have nevertheless, commenced quiet political manoeuvres to properly position themselves should the former general decide not to seek a second term.

In the same vein, the presidential hopefuls are also said to be silently aiming for the political jugular of their potential rivals doing everything to frustrate their present political pursuits.

Meanwhile, one of the leading aspirants in the contest for speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara is expected to seal a deal with the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, caucus in Port-Harcourt, Rivers State.

The quest for positioning in 2019, it was learnt, is now influencing the consideration of senators-elect and major stakeholders in the APC in their support for the two major contenders for the office of Senate President, Senators Ahmad Lawan of Yobe State and Bukola Saraki.

Kwankwanso and the Kano senators were alleged to be pushing the aspiration of Senator Lawan in the Northwest to the discomfort of Senator Saraki and his supporters.

Informed sources disclosed that Kwankwanso’s opposition might not be unconnected to the fact that Saraki and Kwankwanso were among the two frontline potential aspirants being canvassed for the 2019 presidential contest.

Besides the duo, others allegedly being mentioned were Governors Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State and Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State, both of whom were first-term governors.

Sources close to the leadership contest alleged that canvassers of the 2019 presidential contest were working to ensure that opportunities that would “promote the position of anyone of their rivals are damaged.”

In their drive to overcome the challenge posed by Kwankwanso, Saraki’s supporters at a meeting in Sokoto State, last Thursday, were said to have delegated Senator Sani Yerima to convince Kwankwanso on his opposition to Saraki.

Yerima, it was gathered, was also despatched to win over Senator Garba Marafa, one of the kingpins of the Lawan campaign based in the Northwest.

The Saraki camp, it was learnt, believed that Kwankwanso remained the only major stumbling block to their aspiration of getting the presidency of the Senate.

Meanwhile, the contest for speaker of the House of Representatives could take a decisive edge today when Dogara one of the two leading aspirants for the office “seals a deal with the PDP caucus.”

The deal, Vanguard, learnt, was to be struck on the sidelines of today’s retreat of PDP senators-elect and members-elect taking place in Port-Harcourt.

Sources in the Dogara camp said that at least 126 of 139 members-elect in the PDP caucus had signed on to the deal that they claim could push their candidate to an unassailable lead upon the support he had also obtained from APC members-elect.

Dogara’s major rival for the office of speaker is Rep. Femi Gbajabiamila from Lagos State, being backed by strong forces within the APC.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/2019-presidential-race-clouds-national-assembly-leadership-contest/
Re: 2019 Presidential Race Clouds National Assembly Leadership Contest by orobs93(m): 10:45pm On Jun 01, 2015
Oh I see
Re: 2019 Presidential Race Clouds National Assembly Leadership Contest by excellentmomma(f): 10:47pm On Jun 01, 2015
The "born to rules" are at it again, Okorocha we told u "Nothing for you" in lagbaja's voice. Hahahaha. You no even near calculator not to talk of calculation! cheesy
Re: 2019 Presidential Race Clouds National Assembly Leadership Contest by donphilopus: 10:54pm On Jun 01, 2015
[s]
excellentmomma:
The "born to rules" are at it again, Okorocha we told u "Nothing for you" in lagbaja's voice. Hahahaha. You no even near calculator not to talk of calculation! cheesy
[/s]

Keep shut and face the topic. If they're called "Born to rule", then what do we call you?! Maybe "Born to vote failures"!
Re: 2019 Presidential Race Clouds National Assembly Leadership Contest by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 01, 2015
Yorubbish:

@OP, what a funny username you've got.

but don't u think it's childish?

say no to tribalism.

join me today and support MOVEMENT FOR THE ERADICATION OF TRIBAL BIGOTS FROM NAIRALAND.

#METBFN , it begins with you
Re: 2019 Presidential Race Clouds National Assembly Leadership Contest by richidinho(m): 11:12pm On Jun 01, 2015
None of my business

PDP is in me....APC is built on propaganda

Individual interest will collapse the party before 2019
Re: 2019 Presidential Race Clouds National Assembly Leadership Contest by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 01, 2015
SuperNover:

@OP, what a funny username you've got.

but don't u think it's childish?

say no to tribalism.

join me today and support MOVEMENT FOR THE ERADICATION OF TRIBAL BIGOTS FROM NAIRALAND.

#METBFN , it begins with you

Hehehehehe
Funny you, people love my username from all works of life & across all tribes.

Its a sexy username you must admit.

As to eradicating tribalism in nl. I think its very necessary because the attack against SE is becoming something else.

The owners of punch & nairaland being both yorubas & both sites being the e-battle grounds for e-tribal wars I guess the onus is on them both to initiate a move towards the eradication. And if on the other hand they don't then fine. Perhaps by the time the government decided to notice maybe the two sites & their owners will learn the hard way.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidential Race Clouds National Assembly Leadership Contest by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 01, 2015
Yorubbish:

Hehehehehe
Funny you, people love my username from all works of life & across all tribes.

Its a sexy username you must admit.

As to eradicating tribalism in nl. I think its very necessary because the attack against SE is becoming something else.

The owners of punch & nairaland being both yorubas & both sites being the e-battle grounds for e-tribal wars I guess the onus is on them both to initiate a move towards the eradication. And if on the other hand they don't then fine. Perhaps by the time the government decided to notice maybe the two sites & their owners will learn the hard way.

hahaha. you've got a nice sense of humour.

sexy name indeed.

it's obvious u don't like it when the southwesterners bash the south Easterners, right?

then instead of joining them and engaging yourself in such childish act, why not condemn the act and support the anti-Tribalism movement?

it'll really go a long way in educating and reforming our youths.

remember, it begins with you.

#METBFN
Re: 2019 Presidential Race Clouds National Assembly Leadership Contest by basilo101: 12:01am On Jun 02, 2015
SuperNover:

hahaha. you've got a nice sense of humour.

sexy name indeed.

it's obvious u don't like it when the southwesterners bash the south Easterners, right?

then instead of joining them and engaging yourself in such childish act, why not condemn the act and support the anti-Tribalism movement?

it'll really go a long way in educating and reforming our youths.

remember, it begins with you.

#METBFN
U mean only southwesterners have mouth to bash abi?
Re: 2019 Presidential Race Clouds National Assembly Leadership Contest by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 02, 2015
basilo101:

U mean only southwesterners have mouth to bash abi?

No. I mean bigotry is for the ill informed. and we all need to shun it.

now let's take an instance,

assume I insult your tribe today and you reply me with 'OK'.

then I still insult your tribe tomorrow, and u still reply me with 'OK'.

do u think I'll still insult your tribe on the third day? the truth is I'll feel stupid.

in summary, it's childish replying bigotry with bigotry.

it begins with you.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidential Race Clouds National Assembly Leadership Contest by excellentmomma(f): 7:35am On Jun 02, 2015
donphilopus:
[s][/s]

Keep shut and face the topic. If they're called "Born to rule", then what do we call you?! Maybe "Born to vote failures"!

Yes like "mallam failure Rochas okorocha" cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu's Wfe Bitter As Saraki Swears In Lawan, Akume, Etc / 40 Royal Fathers Drag Okorocha To Court / President Buhari Is In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.