Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP (21316 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Abiola, Atiku Before SDP Presidential Primaries In 1993 / Amosun Hosts Soyinka In Ogun At An Anti-corruption Crusade In Abeokuta / You Are Still A Dictator -PDP Tells Buhari ….APC Anti-Corruption Crusade, A Sham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by Firefire(m): 1:58am On Jun 02, 2015
The Osun State chapter of the Social Democratic Party has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to start his anti-corruption war in Osun by ordering a thorough investigation into the financial activities of the Governor Rauf Aregbesola’s administration.

The SDP said this in a statement made available to our correspondent in Osogbo, the state capital, on Monday by the state chairman of the party, Mr. Ademola Ishola.

It said the President would be shocked at the level of financial recklessness in Osun State.

The party said it was ready to help Buhari to unravel several alleged financial recklessness engaged in by the All Progressives Congress administration in the state.

It said, “We did not find ourselves in this pitiable situation in Osun due to the dwindling revenue from the federal allocation alone, we are where we are today because of the reckless manners our finances had been handled in the last four years.

“Now that the new government is settling down for work, we want President Buhari whose party has been at the helms of affairs of this state since November 27, 2010 to help us look into how the over N350bn allocated to the state from the federation account had been spent.

“We must know how the over N436bn allocated to the 30 local governments in the state, the N61.7 bn excess crude oil funds and the N14.4 bn SURE-P fund were spent.

“Osun people need to know how the over N43.6 bn of Internally Generated Revenue, the over N400bn loans and the N60bn bond were used by Aregbesola’s government.

“If President Buhari is serious about his corruption campaign, then he must not spare anyone. He should help us to know how much had gone into several abandoned projects that littered the state and the reasons Aregbesola was unable to pay seven months salaries to the state workers.”

The SDP also described the learning tablets known as Opon Imo as a huge fraud, saying a little above 10 per cent of the total number promised had been given out to students in public schools in the state.

It accused the governor of awarding the contract at a very exorbitant price, saying all these contributed into putting the state into its current state of financial mess.

It said, “Morally, is it good for the governor to run the state as a family company? Where are the 150,000 Opon-Imo tablets Aregbesola said will be provided for all students of secondary schools in the state? We doubt if there are 2,000 Opon-Imo tablets in the state today.

“Mr. President, Aregbesola’s government spent about N4bn on his Dagbolu market but the place remains a jungle. The governor spent over N1.2bn on his Moshood Abiola International Airport but nothing was on ground till date apart from the fence.

“Most of the projects done by Aregbesola were at exorbitant rates; for example, the governor used between N750m and N1.1bn to build new schools but we discovered that it will take less than N250m to complete each of the buildings.”

However, Aregbesola, reacting through a statement issued by his media aide, Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, said the Osun SDP could not deceive Buhari by simply adding up bogus figures or revenues in order to blackmail the government.

The statement read, “Assuming without conceding that SDP’s figures of revenues that accrued to Osun are even correct, what the party has simply said is that nothing like development work took place throughout the period in question. Where does the SDP want to place the chains of monumental projects that have hallmarked the Aregbesola administration?

“The people of Osun were neither daft nor blind to these achievements, hence, their fanatical support for his re-election despite orchestrated lies by the likes of SDP and its shameless allies like the Peoples Democratic Party. We are not surprised by SDP’s imagined ambition to outdo the PDP in its penchant for fabrication. Expectedly, their ability to lie dug for them their electoral grave.

“For instance, it was PDP that originated such lies as son of the governor being a contractor awarded the fictitious N8bn Opon Imo project, a project that has cost the state less than N2bn so far. So also it was PDP that falsely accused the wife of the governor of being the contractor that got the Osun school uniform project.

“Weak lies such as these that sank the PDP are the same the SDP is regurgitating. But for Aregbesola’s ingenuity and the deep commitment of his administration to a rapid development of Osun, what accrued to the state in form of revenue was nothing compared to massive investment in infrastructure (as can be illustrated by the completion of over 900km of roads before the end of his first term.).”

http://www.punchng.com/news/start-anti-corruption-war-in-osun-sdp-tells-buhari/

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/start-anti-corruption-crusade-in-osun-sdp-tells-buhari/210882/

You will all recall that Osun State is owing salaries of workers in the state for five months, blaming it on “declining federal allocation.”

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by Dollyak(f): 2:04am On Jun 02, 2015
I support the call to probe him. Osun state looked like a dump the last time I went there, despite having one of the BETTER per capita in the country.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by Firefire(m): 2:05am On Jun 02, 2015
Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove

The workers said apart from the failure of the Governor Rauf Aregbesola-led administration to pay them the outstanding salaries, the same government had refused to remit pension contributions, deducted from their previous salaries, to various retirement savings accounts .

http://www.punchng.com/news/osun-workers-protest-non-payment-of-five-months-salaries/

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by Truckpusher(m): 2:11am On Jun 02, 2015
Dollyak:
I support the call to probe him. Osun state looks like a dump the last time I went there, despite having one of the BETTER per capita in the country.
What you people are asking for is akin to asking a dog to eat a fellow dog.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by Firefire(m): 2:12am On Jun 02, 2015
ideology, pazienza, SeverusSnape, dein77, Louislewis, agabaI23, sleekp1, ceo4eva, gunuvi, Mogidi, VICTORCIZA, Truckpusher, aljharem, barcanista, anonimi, ECOTERRORS, pazienza, Tex42, nortcentrallord, and others.

Do you guys support the probe of Osun State ?

The workers are suffering, no pay since November 2014 and the "Omoluabi" governor have this justification “Before the last time I paid

salaries in November, 2014, I have had to either spent the state’s reserves on salaries or borrow money. Today, I have a loan of N12 billion

that we spent on salaries and I could not go to the banks anymore.” Rauf Aregbesola

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/03/25/why-i-owe-osun-workers-5-months-salary-aregbesola/

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by pedel: 3:48am On Jun 02, 2015
I support APC but I can categorically say Aregbesola's government is not different from PDP. He is so reckless and wasteful.
If a company becomes insolvent and cannot pay staff salary for six month the right thing for them to do is to declare bankruptcy and be dissolved. How long will it take before FG take over the affairs of Osun State and start paying staff salary from the allocations?

During the boom, the 'he-goat beared like' governor was busy building the world tallest drums and other phoney projects.
Very soon there will be civil unrest in the state and APC will loose the goodwill of the people. I can see APC loosing in Osun in the next election. Thank God people don't need electricity to charge their voter's card.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by Nobody: 4:36am On Jun 02, 2015
This rascal needs to be jailed.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by fitzmayowa: 4:46am On Jun 02, 2015
Unfortunately PMB can't carry out any probe in osun, with the immunity clause in the constistution, so for now aregbe can't be probed...

I wonder how aregbe was able to deceive the people of osun into voting him for a second term...SMH

Well i guess the actions/inactions of aregbe is enough for the people of osun state to resist another "change agent" in the coming election...SMH

31 Likes

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by nortcentrallord(m): 5:29am On Jun 02, 2015
Firefire:
ideology, pazienza, SeverusSnape, dein77, Louislewis, agabaI23, sleekp1, ceo4eva, gunuvi, Mogidi, VICTORCIZA, Truckpusher, aljharem, barcanista, anonimi, ECOTERRORS, pazienza, Tex42, nortcentrallord, and others.

Do you guys support the probe of Osun State ?

The workers are suffering, no pay since November 2014 and the "Omoluabi" governor have this justification “Before the last time I paid

salaries in November, 2014, I have had to either spent the state’s reserves on salaries or borrow money. Today, I have a loan of N12 billion

that we spent on salaries and I could not go to the banks anymore.” Rauf Aregbesola

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/03/25/why-i-owe-osun-workers-5-months-salary-aregbesola/

Ara-Gbese. Hahahahahahaha, what moral justification will buhari be having not to probe this bust top jumping, broom waving and salary racketeering governor? What moral justification will buhari be having to probe this man knowing fully well part of the money went into his campaign and private jet luxury which saw him in as president today? Well, Aragbese, took an oath to serve his people. Paying salaries is part of that oath. If he is so daft as not to know any other way to generate income to pay his workers then he should resign. Governance is not by force. Since he stopped paying, hasn't he been earning his own salary? Hasn't he bought a new car since then? Hasn't he acquired a new property since then? What has he done to cut down the cost of his governance?
Was Jonathans's administration owing him? grin grin grin. Aragberascal. Hahahaha.

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by chymystique(f): 5:45am On Jun 02, 2015
Its quite obvious Ogbeni Rauf doesnt ve the qualities it takes to lead a state... He needs leadership and management training... Am wondering why the people of his state gave him their mandate to lead them for the second time. He doesnt ve money to pay salaries to civil servants but he has money to pay his aides and jet fly first class all over the country for useless functionsundecided

23 Likes

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by Nobody: 6:30am On Jun 02, 2015
Osun state today is an example of a failed state, A state where the budget has been passed but never implemented, where the pensioners are now in Lagos begging for alms, a state where the civil servants see more hope in death by attempting suicide instead of living in shame, a state where no capital project has taken off since january nor commissioned But this is a state where the governor still pays its aides and assembly members, this is a State where the governor flies first class to Abuja and Lagos to take only Selfie with Buhari and Ambode.

Who will speak out for Osun indegines because of they ve got no Money today for MB to post on social media to tell us the horrors theyy are passing through?

Its not about APC nor PDP but we need to speak out for the Osun people before a state goes into extinction because of a Mad governor

39 Likes 11 Shares

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 02, 2015
Why would a governor that collects allocation refuse to pay its workers?

Did anybody find out that the governor spokesman couldn't counter anything that SDP mentioned.

I'm sending an SOS to World Food Programme, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Oxfam, Anambra state govt, LASG, NEMA, Seun, TeHN, Fayose to quickly come to the aid of Osun state indigenes before they run out of Herbicides to drink for suicide induced by an APC govt led by a MAD MAN

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by Ponponkon: 7:05am On Jun 02, 2015
Iresi-Aregbe don expire for their stomach?

1 Like

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by francizy(m): 7:26am On Jun 02, 2015
My brother HzRF, food don done. Abeg come contribute... grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by Standing5(m): 7:31am On Jun 02, 2015
Aregbe has no excuse not to be paying salaries. The man was busy funding stomach infrastructural schemes when there was a surge in average income.

8 Likes

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by francizy(m): 7:38am On Jun 02, 2015
pedel:
I support APC but I can categorically say Aregbesola's government is not different from PDP. He is so reckless and wasteful.
If a company becomes insolvent and cannot pay staff salary for six month the right thing for them to do is to declare bankruptcy and be dissolved. How long will it take before FG take over the affairs of Osun State and start paying staff salary from the allocations?

During the boom, the 'he-goat beared like' governor was busy building the world tallest drums and other phoney projects.
Very soon there will be civil unrest in the state and APC will loose the goodwill of the people. I can see APC loosing in Osun in the next election. Thank God people don't need electricity to charge their voter's card.

Hehehehehehhehehee cheesy
Even if them go need light, we go borrow them gen... grin

On a more serious note, the people of Osun caused all these. I could remember people were campaigning against this governor, which I know HzRF was among them, but the people of Osun decided to vote in this governor due to sentiments. If not for ignorance, how will someone be receiving allocation and be blaming the federal government for not being able to pay workers, yet the people of Osun state believed him.

They should have voted him out when they realised his gbese potentials during the end of his last tenure when he borrowed money to pay workers. Imagine that the likes of Prof Wole even went for the commissioning of that world's tallest drum when people were/are dying of hunger. Also, most APC supporters either tried to defend him or support him on the drum he wasted money building and the other white elephant projects.

The Osun people should be wiser now.

Lalasticlala, ishilove please help this thread see the light of the day.

**Modified**

Mind you bro, bad leadership is not attached to PDP alone. If you're sincere to yourself, you'd notice people of Imo state complaining of bad leadership with people of Rivers state saying bad leadership hit them when their former governor cross-carpeted. It's a Nigerian thing and would be better of not seen from a sentimental stand point. Also, check how Kano people are complaining about Kwankwaso extravagant nature, leaving the state in heavy debt. Last time I checked, Akpabio and Chime were not APC governors but performed excellently well.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 02, 2015
pedel:

Simple, there was no election.

Rigging things.

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by eluquenson(m): 8:03am On Jun 02, 2015
Ok
we shall see
Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by laurel03(m): 8:03am On Jun 02, 2015
I believe in Buhari...soon people go see what they call government not like wasted 16years of Obj and him boys....
Most of ds so call Apc office holders in south west states are just like our former pdp members... They only use media power for propaganda and most of their projects self are on media... Especially Aregbe and Ajimobi.. But that Aregbe is own worst... Ibikunle amosun tried for d first term..
Buhari is the only diff between Pdp and Apc

4 Likes

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by Burger01(m): 8:03am On Jun 02, 2015
Corruption has eaten so deep into the Nigerian system. How sad. No thanks to Jonathan undecided sad

3 Likes

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by adonismuller(m): 8:03am On Jun 02, 2015
Good one...

Only the touts and the illiterates who doesn't know their left from right are the ones who supports Aregbe in Osun state....That man is a criminal and a propagandist, his first tenure he concentrated on construction reason because he is an architect and has a construction company and also has shares in some other construction companies in the state,hence it is more like he awards himself contracts. But the illetrates and ignorants will be thinking he is developing the state not knowing he is developing his pocket.

He lied that he spent some Billions in his Opon imo whatever but on the real sense every outgoing SS3 student submits his/her china Ipad back to the government before leaving and that same Ipad is giving to the next incoming SS3 student,but in the budget he says he produces new one every year.

APC is worst than PDP.

Aregbe is a thief using pen and paper to deceive the foools in osun state

He better pay my allowance or God will punish him.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by folabayo1(f): 8:03am On Jun 02, 2015
Work begins...
Carry on Baba grin

Mean while gej will be missed

8 Likes

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by bonechamberlain(m): 8:04am On Jun 02, 2015
that would be a best way to start. a state owing workers for so long, aregbe was able to pay workers during his first tenure. now its second term, a term for looting and "I don't care attitude" of governors

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by Firefire(m): 8:04am On Jun 02, 2015
chymystique:
Its quite obvious Ogbeni Rauf doesnt ve the qualities it takes to lead a state... He needs leadership and management training... Am wondering why the people of his state gave him their mandate to lead them for the second time. He doesnt ve money to pay salaries to civil servants but he has money to pay his aides and jet fly first class all over the country for useless functionsundecided

Painfully some Nigerians still celebrate these elements of fraud and corruption.

Iyato daa, eyin Omo Odu'a?

1 Like

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by Firefire(m): 8:05am On Jun 02, 2015
The perfect corruption in ACN states before transforming to APC cries to the heavenlies.

Reason some of us from the South West never supported APC claims of CHANGE slogan, we are not worried about the names calling & being labelled as outcast.

Fellow Nigerians,

If APC Governors could domesticate the Freedom of Information Bill? Be ready to stone them to death with the level of fraud and corruption they are manifesting.

Jonathan would be a saint when you see FRAUD & Corrupt practices in Osun, Oyo, Ogun and their HQ Lagos.

1km road is #1.2 Billion, contract awarded to families and friends.

Bonds and Loans running into millions of Naira with little or nothing to show, despite the IGR, Monthly Federal Allocation of 26%, sharing from the SURE-P accounts.

Why are they deceiving Nigerians with the slang of CHANGE?

PMB, we are afraid of the horse you rode on to Aso-rock, until you make a scapegoat, your corruption fight remains a JOKE!

God bless the Federal Republic ofNigeria.

God bless Nairaland.

Shalom!

Firefire.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by Gepheral: 8:05am On Jun 02, 2015
That comment about not going after those who looted this country in the previous administration still dey pain me as I type...

1 Like

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by mrcasanova1(m): 8:06am On Jun 02, 2015
Double wahala for dead body.

Aregbosola, agbero to the core

1 Like

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by Leonidas1: 8:06am On Jun 02, 2015
Cool start

1 Like

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by msporche(f): 8:06am On Jun 02, 2015
But dis guy no try at all nw. Why has he refused to pay the workers
Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by meshacha1: 8:07am On Jun 02, 2015
Correct that's what we are talking about

1 Like

Re: BUHARI: Start Anti-corruption Crusade In Osun - SDP by baybeeboi: 8:08am On Jun 02, 2015
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Controversies Of 2018 In Nigeria: Millionaire Snake, Ganduje Dollars, Adeosun / Imo APGA Senatorial Candidate, Barr. Mrs. Eudora Igwe, Is DEAD / Nazeef Babaji Builds Mosques, Police Station For Communities In Bauchi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.