Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget (28407 Views)

Southern Leaders Meet In Lagos Over National Unity / Saraki Fails To Disclose National Assembly Budget / Massive Protest In Enugu Over National Assembly Election Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by dsquare33: 9:19am On Jun 02, 2015
dre11:
It is a pity Ribadu found himself in the midst of looters in PDP who are not ready to sacrifice their luxury for the well being of Nigerians. David Mark is one of the biggest destroyer of the Nigerian economy and nation; not willing to sacrifice an inch of his luxury for the repair & restoration of Nigeria to improve the life of citizens. David Mark's words have always be anti-human and irrelevant; from the likes of 'telephone is not for the poor' to this recent utterrances, His name should be changed to Judas Stone.
Wa gbayi, you spoke my mind. David Mark is one of the enemy Nigeria has. I wonder whether he is the only educated fellow in his hometown that his people kept voting for him.I pray the NASS make him irrelevant in the scheme of things at the floor of the senate.He has nothing good for Nigeria. Green snake under green grass.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by BizBayo: 9:19am On Jun 02, 2015
please I'm looking for the budget, mr David said it is opened.

I still can't find it.......
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by dsquare33: 9:27am On Jun 02, 2015
The media should the needful by beaming their searchlight on David Mark .This man is one of the cog in the wheel of Nigeria progress.He is curroption personified.
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by Admiral49(m): 9:29am On Jun 02, 2015
I can foresee the emergence of a third strong political party being led by the like of Mr. Nuhu Ribadu and other good hearted Nigerians. And this party will give APC n PDP reasons to serve the country n her citizens instead of deceiving us and keeping us in the dark.
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by UltimatedeBest(m): 9:35am On Jun 02, 2015
Mark is an accomplished politician of all time in d history of Nigeria democracy
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by dre11(m): 9:38am On Jun 02, 2015
dsquare33:
Wa gbayi, you spoke my mind. David Mark is one of the enemy Nigeria has. I wonder whether he is the only educated fellow in his hometown that his people kept voting for him .I pray the NASS make him irrelevant in the scheme of things at the floor of the senate.He has nothing good for Nigeria. Green snake under green grass.

He keeps coming because he knew how to pay his way up and with some few dollars ..... Some people are ready to sell their mandate and future
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by captianfreeman(m): 9:47am On Jun 02, 2015
DAVID MARKIII..........!!! I am not surprise. It was this DAVID MARK of a thing, that declared that gsm phones, are not meant for poor people.

Corruption and PDP, are paddy, paddy.
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by otr1(m): 9:59am On Jun 02, 2015
Our budget is open; what we earn as National Assembly members is open. If anybody wants to receive his salary and donate it, he is free to do so. He does not need to consult us. I think we should not play politics with what is a very serious issue. Our budget is in the open and everybody can see it.
Imagine the bolded. So he's telling the likes of Ben Bruce to donate their pay if it's too much, because cutting NA budget won't happen?
So what's so serious about their budget that should not be discussed?
Imagine less than 500 people enjoying over 3% of the national budget of a country of 170 million people and it's ok with this idi.ot called Mark?
Same way he said Telephone is not for the poor and have been proved wrong, is the same way his annual pay won't be anything more than N3 million if he ever tries to come back to the senate in 2019. Old fagging retarrdangry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by IMusa2012: 10:03am On Jun 02, 2015
Please let Ribadu be. He may have made a mistake like we all do but he is making clear, serious and valid points.
I think we need to encourage the PDP to be a viable and credible opposition instead of continually branding them as a band of thieves. Its for our own good. What do we want? All the good guys to move to APC (Besides APC is not a party of saints either) and then they become too powerful and there is no or little opposition; then they start to act with impunity and we go back to the way the PDP ran this country? lets be careful and keep both the APC and PDP on their toes. Focus on the message and not the messenger

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by otr1(m): 10:04am On Jun 02, 2015
chuna1985:

The Nigeria national assembly do not earn more money than American president. forget all ur talks.
Obama doesn't earn more than $300,000 annually, so what are you saying?
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by nortcentrallord(m): 10:16am On Jun 02, 2015
I see nothing wrong in what Nuhu Ribadu pointed out. Unless the pdp does something or stand for something out of the ordinary, they are gone forever.
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 02, 2015
ojilepikin:

It is called " MOLE " and not " MOPE ". Well, I guess its a typographical error.

I just d watch.
never u trust autocorrect
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by francizy(m): 10:39am On Jun 02, 2015
Apparently, we still have human beings as politicians and not sentimental and bigoted incensitive crooks. Ribadu is probably one of the few averagely honest politicians in Nigeria. Those fools who opposed him should tell me how they intend to revive this party called PDP if all they still care about is their pockets. If you must take back leadership, make yourself better than APC politicians instead of behaving like them.
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by nuesmann(m): 10:43am On Jun 02, 2015
mark has always been an idiot............ole
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by ideylaff: 11:25am On Jun 02, 2015
LocalChamp:

http://www.punchng.com/news/ribadu-mark-clash-over-national-assembly-budget/

May these useless and heartless people we call lawmakers never find heaven

So out of touch and wicked.

All na 6 feet, no one ever ytakes money to heaven or to the grave

This yeye David Mark has done zilch /nada for his people in Benue State ooooo

The people get what they deserve..... yet they still voted for him or rather he rigged himself back in cos as of 1st day of voting he was losing and overnight he won on saturday

I leave you all in GODS hands... everyone will get payback for all their evil deeds......

This Mark thats bn milking the nation even when he was a soldier still on the scene chasing allowances and all.

Ko ni daaaaaa fun yin allll - may it not be well with you all

Amen
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 02, 2015
otr1:

Obama doesn't earn more than $300,000 annually, so what are you saying?

Obama earns 396,000 dollars as basic salary, That one no include the Allowances.

Secondly, Obama collects a fixed percentage of all contracts signed directly from his office. That runs into Millions n millions of dollars a year.

All members of american Congress (National assembly) are Dollar millionaires, u can investigate in that.

Trust me, No Nigerian leader actually earns more than their counterparts in the united states of America...Its simply impossible. Nigerian budget is 22 billion dollars, But a state like North calorina in america budgets 23 billion dollars.

United states budgets 4 - 5 trillion dollars a year, we n dem no be mate.
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by ideylaff: 11:30am On Jun 02, 2015
UltimatedeBest:
Mark is an accomplished politician of all time in d history of Nigeria democracy

Shame on your post even if its an opinion, dont you have a conscience.... on the poor people bn trampled on by ds wicked lot

Whats Mark Accomplishment got to do with the issue.....

Such a crying shame.... even if you are a paid poster by David Mark sef.... please stand on the side of the truth... our legisLOOTERS are
just wicked, out of touch and insensitive.

Let me conclude that they can get away with all most times, but they will not get away with it all the time

One day Bush Meat will catch the hunter ......

Mark my words....
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by ideylaff: 11:42am On Jun 02, 2015
chuna1985:

Obama earns 396,000 dollars as basic salary, That one no include the Allowances.

Secondly, Obama collects a fixed percentage of all contracts signed directly from his office. That runs into Millions n millions of dollars a year.

All members of american Congress (National assembly) are Dollar millionaires, u can investigate in that.

Trust me, No Nigerian leader actually earns more than their counterparts in the united states of America...Its simply impossible. Nigerian budget is 22 billion dollars, But a state like North calorina in america budgets 23 billion dollars.

Please haba.... this is in the public domain... Obama is a public servant elected by the people... where in their constitution did you read such crap as collecting percentages over deals in the POTUS's office.

Kai

Nigerians can so be ignorant and lie to back it up sha.

Stop comparing the way a Public officer spends to how awa own heartless and out of touch officesr spend

I know for a fact no senator of the US Congress will use tax payers money to fly 1st class to any even within the capacity of his office, so because they have a bigger budget does not mean they spend it anyhow they want.

They are accountable to the electorates.

Let me give you and example... in our Embassy in the UK Nigeria High Commission has at any point in time on standby 2 to 3 Rolls Royce cars and we even have an antique phantom Rolls Royce thats limited edition.... go to American Embassy and show me the Rolls Royse they have.....

ehnnnn

Jessy jackson's son just finished a jail term... guess what he did... he diverted and used campaign money for private use

Not public money oooo this is money that was donated to his campain funds oooo

Please dont confuse peopple with false infor like this I beg you please "

1 Like

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 02, 2015
ideylaff:

Please haba.... this is in the public domain... Obama is a public servant elected by the people... where in their constitution did you read such crap as collecting percentages over deals in the POTUS's office.

Kai

Nigerians can so be ignorant and lie to back it up sha.

Stop comparing the way a Public officer spends to how awa own heartless and out of touch officesr spend

I know for a fact no senator of the US Congress will use tax payers money to fly 1st class to any even within the capacity of his office, so because they have a bigger budget does not mean they spend it anyhow they want.

They are accountable to the electorates.

Let me give you and example... in our Embassy in the UK Nigeria High Commission has at any point in time on standby 2 to 3 Rolls Royce cars and we even have an antique phantom Rolls Royce thats limited edition.... go to American Embassy and show me the Rolls Royse they have.....

ehnnnn

Jessy jackson's son just finished a jail term... guess what he did... he diverted and used campaign money for private use

Not public money oooo this is money that was donated to his campain funds oooo

Please dont confuse peopple with false infor like this I beg you please "

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1208495

I simply cannot help u in any way. All I can assure u is that all d things I wrote r true, u can investigate urself.

Try n read up about allowances n entitlements of U.S congressmen. cheers.
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by victorv12(m): 12:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
David Mark is a thief, and that other young thug, Ike Ekweremadu. They're criminals. Can someone please give us an idea of the figures our senators dues and paid details? Awon ole!
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by otr1(m): 12:10pm On Jun 02, 2015
chuna1985:

You have to convince me Congressmen earns up to $3 million a year before I believe you [Mark earns nothing less than that per year].
You just said US budget is between 4 to 5 trillion dollar[ that's a thousand times the value of our own].
1. US Legislators don't budget $150 billion dollar for themselves. That's what our law makers are doing here [spending 3% of our budget on themselves].
2. I'm glad to tell you that no US lawmaker earns equivalent of N30 million in a month. They don't pay themselves based on the size of their budget, your argument doesn't hold water.
3. If at the level of US development, Obama is earning less than $400,000 per annum, then our Presidents should be earning nothing more than N5 million in a year. And...
4. If their lawmakers are dollar millionaires, it's only fair if none of our lawmakers worth $1 million from law making. This is exactly what Ribadu was trying to say. Spendings must be commensurate with revenue. These people don't care about the country they claim they're serving; only servicing their bellies.
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by Babaji111(m): 12:25pm On Jun 02, 2015
Somebody want to make himself relevant again after losing election. There is no room for him in APC for now. Too late.
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by jpphilips(m): 12:38pm On Jun 02, 2015
David Mark is the reason this nation will hardly make progress, see his mouth!!
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2015
dre11:
It is a pity Ribadu found himself in the midst of looters in PDP who are not ready to sacrifice their luxury for the well being of Nigerians. David Mark is one of the biggest destroyer of the Nigerian economy and nation; not willing to sacrifice an inch of his luxury for the repair & restoration of Nigeria to improve the life of citizens. David Mark's words have always be anti-human and irrelevant; from the likes of 'telephone is not for the poor' to this recent utterrances, His name should be changed to Judas Stone.
You are right
D bugdet d lawmakers bring out yearly usually has some form of dubious n unchecked expenses.... I av someone wo works in nass(senate wing)....he is one of dose dt help in auditing it....as I speak to u....d recently passed budget dat ws passed last wk in d house.....dere were alot of unimaginable looting....d outgoing senators are rily gunning for sometin to retire wit for d nxt 4yrs....
David mark is a chief wen it coms to such dubious activities... so am nt surprised dt he disagreed wit ribadu......buh I rily wish APC wud slash dia pay n make dia asset knwn as well.....its a public office for Christ sake.
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by muktarmtt(m): 12:57pm On Jun 02, 2015
KnowAll:
A Ribadu / Ben Bruce run for d top job might give Buhari some nightmares? In present day Nigeria integrity sells & these guys could possibly give Buhari a run 4 his money.

To be noted :

1.Buhari by not declaring his assets publicly has started with d wrong footing.

2. Aisha's 10 million watch does not sound austere for an integrity czar like Buhari.

3. Appointing 2 people 4 basically what is d same job smacks of cluelessness 4 use a better word.

4. The jury is still out on Buhari, we are watching.
are talking abt dis watch look hw much it course haters.

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 02, 2015
otr1:

You have to convince me Congressmen earns up to $3 million a year before I believe you [Mark earns nothing less than that per year].
You just said US budget is between 4 to 5 trillion dollar[ that's a thousand times the value of our own].
1. US Legislators don't budget $150 billion dollar for themselves. That's what our law makers are doing here [spending 3% of our budget on themselves].
2. I'm glad to tell you that no US lawmaker earns equivalent of N30 million in a month. They don't pay themselves based on the size of their budget, your argument doesn't hold water.
3. If at the level of US development, Obama is earning less than $400,000 per annum, then our Presidents should be earning nothing more than N5 million in a year. And...
4. If their lawmakers are dollar millionaires, it's only fair if none of our lawmakers worth $1 million from law making. This is exactly what Ribadu was trying to say. Spendings must be commensurate with revenue. These people don't care about the country they claim they're serving; only servicing their bellies.

A senator rents offices in their districts and in Abuja, All the cars under their fleet has drivers, who pays them Who fuels the car n who pays for repairs n maintenance

They have secretaries, Advisers,, security details, pay for their flights, Personal assistants, who pays them. They pay for electricity, buy fuel for generator, organise lunch meal for their staff, pay for water bills in the office buildings n all what not on a monthly basis, that few I can remember .....Is what most of the 30 million goes for..

A senator has average of 30 members of staff and a whole lot of bills to pay, that's where a huge chunk of the 30 million goes into.

The real money senators in Nigeria makes is bribe, lobbying, and gifts. A senator can receive hundreds of millions per year from these.
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by Emdee590(m): 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2015
brooklyn49:
I don't know but sth keep telling me that ribadu is APC mole in PDP
Therefore , let the truth not be told ?
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by Panshow(m): 1:29pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ribadu wetin carry you go PDP? .
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by DTaj: 2:47pm On Jun 02, 2015
David Mark, trained in the Army by Nigerian Government, Military Governor at age 34-35, Minister of Communication ('juicy portfolio') in his late 30s/early 40s, Senator since 1999, longest serving Senate President for 8 years (2007-2015), only Senator on a 5th consecutive term in the history of Nigerian politics...

He's been over-pampered by Nigeria's public funds all his life, why won't he disagree with Ribadu?

With his 2 (or 3) wives and many children all over the place, why won't he see nothing in being wasteful?
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by mechanics(m): 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
pedel:
Nuhu Ribadu has no business being in the PDP, but as they say; "everybody has their price"

We will see how PDP are going to survive as opposition for the next four years; Even if the APC misbehaves it will be hard for PDP to complain as they (the PDP) have perpetuated all sort of mis-governance known to man and it would mean them attacking the rules they set while they were in power. Can PDP now say 'stealing is corruption' now if APC start to steal?

It is hard for a man to start learning to write with left hand in old age.

As for the budget and national assembly's salary; Senators in Nigeria should not be earning more than the American president. All their basic pay and allowance should be the same as applicable in other third world countries.
dats rite, pdp ar gone.
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by Fourwinds: 5:50pm On Jun 02, 2015
I have said it before that David Mark is very GREEDY. part of his corrupt effort can be found in his home town. I don't have respect for such people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suspected Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe Arrested, Two Dead (see Photos) / "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon / Deji Adeyanju Appeals To Nnamdi Kanu's Supporters To Flood High Court On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.