Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,634 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Marwa Quits Pdp…may Return To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marwa Quits Pdp…may Return To APC (1184 Views)

PDP May Not Participate In Edo Guber Elections, INEC Warns / Senate: PDP May Field Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Replacement / ''PDP May Soon Die'' Says Doyin Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marwa Quits Pdp…may Return To APC by TheOtherview: 7:01am On Jun 02, 2015
Marwa Quits PDP…May Return To APC

June 01, 2015

Former military governor of Lagos state, Gen. Mohammed Buba Marwa has resigned from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. A statement issued on Monday in Abuja by Gen. Marwa’s media aide, Bello Zubairu said “the former military governor decided to quit the PDP on personal grounds”

It would be recalled that before the emergence of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Gen Marwa was the governorship candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC in Adamawa state and after the merger of CPC and other opposition parties to form the APC, thousands of his supporters from several local government areas of Adamawa state were technically denied the opportunity to register in the new party then.

Though the statement is silent on whether Marwa will be returning to the APC, it however stated that “the retired General will be making public his next line of action in the coming days.” iReports-ng.com however gathered that the former envoy may be returning to APC in the coming weeks.

“He appealed to his numerous supporters and well-wishers who have been calling him for direction from across the country to await his next move”, the statement added.

Source
Re: Marwa Quits Pdp…may Return To APC by TheOtherview: 7:02am On Jun 02, 2015
Buba Marwa Finally Dumps APC For PDP

Mar 31, 2014

As disaffection in Adamawa State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) continues, former governor of Lagos State, General Muhammadu Buba Marwa has finally dumped the party for PDP.

The former governor said he was forced to leave the party by the deluge of injustice being meted out to him, adding that all efforts to get the situation regularised proved abortive, making the defection inevitable.

At a stakeholders’ meeting attended by many supporters of the former Lagos State governor at Lelewal Motel in Yola, it was unanimously agreed by all that in view of the injustice being entrenched in Adamawa State chapter of APC, they have no option than to dump the party.

While delivering his speech at the occasion, Marwa said he could not be in a party that tramples on people’s rights with impunity, adding that since the entry of Governor Murtala Nyako into the party, injustice became the order of the day.

“The party has been hijacked by Governor Murtala Nyako and there is no fair play in the way and manner the party is being run”.

Source

1 Like

Re: Marwa Quits Pdp…may Return To APC by SeverusSnape(m): 7:02am On Jun 02, 2015
He's now a progressive and a saint, old things are past away.
Re: Marwa Quits Pdp…may Return To APC by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 02, 2015
Kk
Re: Marwa Quits Pdp…may Return To APC by donphilopus: 7:33am On Jun 02, 2015
SeverusSnape:
He's now a progressive and a saint, old things are past away.

Shut up! When I read it on Punch or so yesterday, they said he has resigned from PDP and has not 'defected' to a new party. He may make his plan known soon. So why are you foaming?!

3 Likes

Re: Marwa Quits Pdp…may Return To APC by seunmsg(m): 7:45am On Jun 02, 2015
Too late for him. We already have an APC governor in Adamawa state who will be there for the next 8 years. Next time, he should think we'll before jumping into a sinking ship.
Re: Marwa Quits Pdp…may Return To APC by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:51am On Jun 02, 2015
Bubah Marwa and Nuhu Ribadu lacks political ideology.
Re: Marwa Quits Pdp…may Return To APC by SeverusSnape(m): 8:22am On Jun 02, 2015
donphilopus:

Shut up! When I read it on Punch or so yesterday, they said he has resigned from PDP and has not 'defected' to a new party. He may make his plan known soon. So why are you foaming?!
Are you this foolish
Now tell me what I said that is wrong, Did I mention APC?....

Donfoolopus
Re: Marwa Quits Pdp…may Return To APC by babdap: 8:24am On Jun 02, 2015
political ashewo
Re: Marwa Quits Pdp…may Return To APC by donphilopus: 8:38am On Jun 02, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Are you this foolish
Now tell me what I said that is wrong, Did I mention APC?....

Donfoolopus

Just keep shut!
Re: Marwa Quits Pdp…may Return To APC by SeverusSnape(m): 8:43am On Jun 02, 2015
donphilopus:

Just keep shut!

DonFOOLopus grin
Re: Marwa Quits Pdp…may Return To APC by kennydee05(m): 8:45am On Jun 02, 2015
TANOIDS how market.
Re: Marwa Quits Pdp…may Return To APC by kross101(m): 8:47am On Jun 02, 2015
donphilopus:

Are you a cave man? Do u nid a soothsayer to tell u he's moving back to APC? Naija politicians nd dier chop nd chop politics! God dey sha!
Re: Marwa Quits Pdp…may Return To APC by POPdecorator: 8:51am On Jun 02, 2015
Who won partner with looser?
Re: Marwa Quits Pdp…may Return To APC by hardywaltz(m): 8:53am On Jun 02, 2015
Inconsistent inconsequential clown
Re: Marwa Quits Pdp…may Return To APC by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 02, 2015
He is a nobody in Adamawa pDP so he will never be missed. Au revoir Marwa, you spent your best ideas in Lagos so you are as empty today as Buhari

(1) (Reply)

Why I Dont Pity Osun Civil Servants / Jeb Bush Finally Announces For The Presidency / Breaking: Lawal Daura Replaces Ita Ekpenyong As DG Of DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.