Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,286 members, 7,829,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Hardly Any Good News From Imo State University (IMSU) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hardly Any Good News From Imo State University (IMSU) (1241 Views)

IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos / IMSU Graduate Drowns In Soakaway Pit While Fleeing From Students Pouring Water / Imo State University(Imsu) 2015/2016 De/Utme Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hardly Any Good News From Imo State University (IMSU) by Eberex(m): 7:52am On Jun 02, 2015
Just yesterday i read Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State Monday relieved the former Chairman of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Prof. Ukachukwu Awuzie of his appointment as the Vice Chancellor of the Imo State University (IMSU). Meanwhile i thought that was the only news i was going to read from Imsu. I was wrong.

Just yesterday night after making a call to a friend at about 8pm, promising to call back. At exactly 10pm a call came in from an unknown number. When i picked it was my friend, asking me to call back. Instead of calling the number i tried her number instead. But no one was picking, even after three attempts. I had to call the unknown number, she picked up and said ''we have just been robbed by two students''.

How did it happen? i asked. Well apparently she went downstairs to get bread accompanied by a neighbor (male). On coming back she met two huge guys in the room with her sister and cousin. They asked her and the friend to come in. They refused. Only when they brought out weapons and they had to oblige. They were asked to lie down. Search was made on each one of them and phones, money and all gadgets were taken away by these students.

I could hear the shock from her voice while narrating her experience. This happened in IMSU. I don't have the name of their lodge but i do hope the School authority would do something about this.

So much wickedness in this world. Robbing fellow students is just too bad ! I have already asked God, since He listens to my prayer without hesitation, to pour His wrath on these student thieves and make them not see peace until they change their ways.
Re: Hardly Any Good News From Imo State University (IMSU) by networkrecharg: 7:57am On Jun 02, 2015
why was d vc sacked
Re: Hardly Any Good News From Imo State University (IMSU) by Eberex(m): 8:00am On Jun 02, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardly Any Good News From Imo State University (IMSU) by Akposb(m): 9:35am On Jun 02, 2015
Its so sad and unfortunate that things like this are becoming increasingly common in Nigerian tertiary institutions. Students are seeking shelters away from the campus but are mostly left to no one who is responsible for their security. Hope we start standing to our responsibility.
Re: Hardly Any Good News From Imo State University (IMSU) by sandrahnaub(f): 9:02am On Jun 03, 2015
Imsu is like dat... especially lodges at back gate.... since, u know d school system u avoid it.... or better still pack 2 a 70% nice area for example works layout(thru out my stay dere I had no issues)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Olabisi Onabanjo University Pre-degree & Post-utme Form 2015/2016 Is On Apply / Project Topics And Materials In Home Economics Education / Any Uniben Student Around; Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.