Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Buhari, Jonathan Fought For Me, Says New AFDB President Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Jonathan Fought For Me, Says New AFDB President Adesina (510 Views)

Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana / I Encouraged Buhari To Run For President – Adesina / 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, Jonathan Fought For Me, Says New AFDB President Adesina by whitelakes05(m): 12:16pm On Jun 02, 2015
Buhari , Jonathan Fought for Me, Says New AFDB President Adesina

By Kolawole Olayinka, Abeokuta

Dr Akinwunmi Adesina, the newly-elected President of the African Development Bank (AFDB) on Monday said President Muhammadu Buhari played a key role in his emergence as the president of the development bank.

Adesina said this in Abeokuta during a courtesy visit to the Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun in his office.

The former Minister of Agriculture noted that the president made several calls to the World leaders to ensure that he won the election.

Adesina said: “I want to appreciate the support of the President, Muhammadu Buhari, and the former president, Goodluck Jonathan, for their support during the AFDB elections.

“Our leaders rallied round us in an apparent show of support: former presidents Olusegun Obasanjo, Abdulsalam Abubakar and Yakubu Gowon put a lot of their support behind me.

“I like to commend the former Minister of Finance, Mrs Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, for her role because she led our team to the elections. It was an election we had to convince 74 Ministers of Finance from across the world.

“The election went into six rounds of voting and Nigeria led every single round of that vote. I want to confirm that the election was a truly a Nigerian collective effort.”

He assured that as president of the AFDB, poverty would end in Nigeria and there would be opportunities for all and sundry.

“We will work very hard to develop programmes that will end poverty in our country, create opportunities for sheer prosperity all across our countries”.

He also submitted that he would ensure that rural economy was revived and would also encourage regional integration.

Earlier, Amosun had commended President Buhari, former president Jonathan and the international community for their support for Adesina during the AFDB elections. He said it was not only a personal success to Adesina but also to Nigeria as a country.

Amosun said the emergence of Adesina as the head of the bank was another of many feats of Ogun indigenes where he hails from.

The governor expressed confidence in Adesina as a seasoned agricultural economist to bring his wealth of experience to bear in his new position.

Source: http://westernpostnigeria.com/buhari-jonathan-fought-for-me-says-new-afdb-president-adesina/

(1) (Reply)

I Am Still Waiting For Mbaka Concerning The Issue Of Subsidy / Season Of Trekking: Juventus Fan Trekking From Turin To Berlin For CL Final. / Nigeria's Seventh Senate Ends, Passes 123 Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.