Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Buhari, APC Must Rescue Chibok Girls, Provide Electricity, Others: Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, APC Must Rescue Chibok Girls, Provide Electricity, Others: Ekweremadu (706 Views)

APC Must Win Ondo Governorship Election – Tinubu / Abacha Loot Spent On Roads, Electricity, Others, Okonjo- Iweala Tells World Bank / "As The Guardian Newspaper Has Done, APC Must Apologise For Lying" - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, APC Must Rescue Chibok Girls, Provide Electricity, Others: Ekweremadu by dre11(m): 1:04pm On Jun 02, 2015
The Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu, has tasked the Peoples Democratic Party National Assembly Members-elect on being a credible opposition.
Mr. Ekweremadu said “being in opposition is not a life sentence for any party.”
He spoke at a retreat organised by the Forum of PDP National Assembly members-elect for its members in Port Harcourt on Monday.
The retreat was themed, The Role of the Opposition in Facilitating Development and Good Governance.
In a press statement, Mr Ekweremadu said that being in opposition is an opportunity for soul-searching and self-reconstruction.
“It is also for providing healthy, robust, vigilant, and responsible opposition, which is critical to democratic growth and good governance,” he said.
“The PDP lawmakers in the 8th National Assembly should not only hold the APC accountable in terms of their list of promises, but also in accordance with the timeline they gave in the course of the campaigns.
“They should be able to bring exchange rates down to one naira to one US dollar, bring back the Chibok Girls, eradicate terrorism and insurgency, stamp out corruption, create two million jobs every year, provide uninterrupted electricity supply, and fulfill other campaign promises or prepare to hand over power to the PDP in 2019.
“Their recent dithering and excuses on their campaign promises are not acceptable. We believe they must have studied the Nigerian situation thoroughly before mounting the podiums with promises.
“We should also provide policy alternatives, dissect every executive bills on its merit, and provide informed and energetic oversight of the executive to ensure that Nigerians are not cheated by the ruling party. We should ensure that successive national budgets address national needs and that they do so equitably.”
He also urged them to desist from destructive criticism that causes damage by inciting the citizenry against the government in power.
He also warned the lawmakers-elect to avoid a brand of opposition that exudes negativity in any government and asked that APC should also not dither on campaign promises.
Mr. Ekweremadu said there is inherent danger in such brand of opposition because it causes overheating of the polity and detracting from good governance.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/184206-buhari-apc-must-rescue-chibok-girls-provide-uninterrupted-electricity-others-ekweremadu.html

Re: Buhari, APC Must Rescue Chibok Girls, Provide Electricity, Others: Ekweremadu by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2015
God give him strength to do so.
Re: Buhari, APC Must Rescue Chibok Girls, Provide Electricity, Others: Ekweremadu by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2015
Am tire of dis ban Stop banning me Its annoying
Cc: ishilove lalasticlala seun

1 Like

Re: Buhari, APC Must Rescue Chibok Girls, Provide Electricity, Others: Ekweremadu by dre11(m): 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2015
He also urged them to desist from destructive criticism that causes damage by inciting the citizenry against the government in power.

I hope the taniods on nl are hearing what their oga is saying.......

You guys should desist from destructive criticism and be constructive in your criticism
Re: Buhari, APC Must Rescue Chibok Girls, Provide Electricity, Others: Ekweremadu by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Am tire of dis ban Stop banning me Its annoying
Cc: ishilove lalasticlala seun
hehehehehehe...
dont break nairaland's rule ok, and they wont send you on exile again.
Re: Buhari, APC Must Rescue Chibok Girls, Provide Electricity, Others: Ekweremadu by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 02, 2015
Midehi:

hehehehehehe...

dont break nairaland's rule ok, and they wont send you on exile again.
I don't break rules
I make ma statement and hardly reply back
D funny tin abt all dis is dat, some speak ill of me buh dey don't get banned, buh wen I speak back dey ban me
Datz injustice
Re: Buhari, APC Must Rescue Chibok Girls, Provide Electricity, Others: Ekweremadu by ijustdey: 1:13pm On Jun 02, 2015
dre11:

I hope the taniods on nl are hearing what their oga is saying.......

You guys should desist from destructive criticism and be constructive in your criticism

the day they will stop their destructive criticism...... that day I will deactivate my account on NL.

because that is their work and hobby
Re: Buhari, APC Must Rescue Chibok Girls, Provide Electricity, Others: Ekweremadu by ijustdey: 1:20pm On Jun 02, 2015
cc lalasticlala
Re: Buhari, APC Must Rescue Chibok Girls, Provide Electricity, Others: Ekweremadu by Sveen: 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2015
Hell, he's gonna do that, but you don't expect him to do it in a week when Jonathan had more than two years but failed.
Re: Buhari, APC Must Rescue Chibok Girls, Provide Electricity, Others: Ekweremadu by midolian(m): 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2015
More of a message foR the saTANists on nairaland undecided
Re: Buhari, APC Must Rescue Chibok Girls, Provide Electricity, Others: Ekweremadu by AhmedMustapha(m): 1:30pm On Jun 02, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

I don't break rules
I make ma statement and hardly reply back
D funny tin abt all dis is dat, some speak ill of me buh dey don't get banned, buh wen I speak back dey ban me
Datz injustice
Then stop speaking back
Re: Buhari, APC Must Rescue Chibok Girls, Provide Electricity, Others: Ekweremadu by Etruth: 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2015
These PDP robbers are just shameless. Its shocking they still have the guts to parade the public space, issuing demands to Buhari despite their flagrant abuse of power and insurmountable mediocrity they fostered on this Nation since 1999. These guys should be locked up for life in Kawu, Kirikiri or Abakailiki, but here they are having organised criminal retreats. PDP ? #NEVERNEVERNEVERNEVERAGAIN Sai APC
Re: Buhari, APC Must Rescue Chibok Girls, Provide Electricity, Others: Ekweremadu by Rickbee1: 2:13pm On Jun 02, 2015
Dats my Senator...tell them cus their tym is ticking

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Will Take Down Boko Haram — Buhari / Dogara Names 36-member Welfare Committee / Saraki Plead With Obasanjo To Reconcile Him With PMB And APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.