Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,071 members, 7,863,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:11 AM

We All Need A Push. - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / We All Need A Push. (602 Views)

We All Need An Extra Income Monthly / We All Need This Insurance Thing!wat Do U Guyz Think? / We All Need Insurance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We All Need A Push. by jasogbe(m): 1:16pm On Feb 17, 2009
Hello again,

Today, I want to tell you a story.

Once upon a time, there lived a very rich man. He was so rich that he could afford anything he fancied. But the rich man had only one child. A female child. A beautiful one at that.

When the rich man's daughter grew up, many suitors came along the way asking for her hand in marriage. That was not a surprise though. She was every young man's dream. Beautiful, rich with the world at her feet.

Because of the number of suitors coming her way, she became confused and spoilt for choice. She decided to solicit the help of her father. Her father agreed to help her.

The rich man sent out a message to all her daughter's suitors informing them to gather at his mansion on a particular date. In the message, he said he would carry out a test for all of them and that the winner of the test will become his daughter's husband. Not only that, he would give the lucky man the sum of one million dollars.

On the appointed day, twelve able bodied young men gathered. They were all eager to emerge victorious so they could marry the rich man's daughter and also pocket $1million.

Then the rich man announced what the test was : all the "contestants" were to swim across his swimming pool and that the first person that comes out at the other end wins the contest.

All the men agreed it was an easy test and they all got prepared.

Then came the moment. The rich man asked them to get set and dive into the swimming pool at the count of three.

Just as he was about to count up to three, two massive crocodiles sprang out from the water. All
the men were taken aback. They retreated and slowly, they exchanged glances of fear and depression.

Then the unexpected happened.

One of the young men jumped into the pool. Everyone was shocked. He began to swim desperately. One of the crocodiles approached him, he ducked. He swam past the second and he frantically reached the other end of the pool where he was pulled up.

The rich man was glad. The girl was jumping for joy. Everyone hailed his bravery.

"Congratulations my dear boy, you've just won the hand of my daughter in marriage". The rich man announced to the admiration of everyone.

The winner, still panting replied, " Sir, I'm no longer interested in marrying your daughter".

The rich man was surprised, but he calmed down and said, "you've been great today and you've also won $1million and I'm going to write your check right now."

The young man replied again, "Sir, I'm not interested in your daughter, neither am I interested in your money!"

The girl was disappointed and the rich man was getting impatient. He then asked the young man, "if you don't want my daughter and my money, what do you want?"

The young man said, "I want to know the person that pushed me into the pool".

What can you deduce from this story? Don't you think a lot of us find ourselves in such a situation?

There are times when we see obstacles (crocodiles) on our ways to achieving great things. But
due to fear of being eaten up, we don't take action. Deep down in us, we know that if we face these obstacles, we have the capabilities of going past them, like the young man did.

So what are you waiting for? Do something about that dream you have in you and you'll discover that those crocodiles are toothless. So push yourself and always surround yourself with people that will always push you.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Beauty Pageant Of Face Of Somolu/bariga / Hot Selling Information Marketing On The Internet / New Arrival Woman And Man Suite And Cuffuling And Ties For Sales.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.