Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Shina Rambo The Notorious - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Shina Rambo The Notorious (19295 Views)

Here Is The Story Of Shina Rambo – The Most Notorious Armed Robber In Nigerian / The Confession Of The Notorious Ex Armed Robber, Shina Rambo (With Pic) / Confessions Of Shina Rambo,former Notorious Armed Robber And Killer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shina Rambo The Notorious by 5p1naz(m): 2:03pm On Feb 17, 2009
yall remember the story of the notorious shina rambo who was been chased by the police on the ibbadan express way and according to the story he was been chased with his vehicle on reverse and he escaped, hmnnnnnnnnnnnn angry how true can this be he aint no transporter, heheheheh but aanyways just taking yall back in time,

i wonder wat the kids this days would be discussing about, maybe "how obasanjo jumped off a crashing airplane without getting hurt"

and the next generation of kids wud discuss " how nepa those days use to give people light once a month"

heheheheheh

but anyways lets hear your side of shina rambo's story
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Lagosboy: 2:08pm On Feb 17, 2009
How can i forget d shina mey Rambo.

I remember one day at the toll gate going to Shagamu when police where searching under the carpets of our car and my dad asked why and they said they were looking for Shina Rambo grin grin grin Nigerian police don spoil tey tey.

I remember it was said his driver was a woman. God knows where dat guy is now as he was never caught but he willingly quit.

1 Like

Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Jarus(m): 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2009
I was in primary/junior secondary school in Kwara while he reigned, but I remember the Lagos boy in our class telling us all sort of exaggerated stories about Shina Rambo.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by spikedcylinder: 3:58pm On Feb 17, 2009
I remember one day at the toll gate going to Shagamu when police where searching under the carpets of our car and my dad asked why and they said they were looking for Shina Rambo. Nigerian police don spoil tey tey.

LOL! Trust Nigerian police. grin

Shina Rambo was the KING in those days. There was some other dude but I've forgotten his name now. . . .
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by morpheus24: 4:10pm On Feb 17, 2009
That name still gives me the Shivers!
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by 5p1naz(m): 11:59pm On Feb 17, 2009
is the story really true?
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Sauron1: 12:20am On Feb 18, 2009
5p1naz:

is the story really true?

He was a notorious robber. . . . .I was told he was later caught Cotonou??
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by yarodin: 12:53am On Feb 18, 2009
I believe Anini was around the mid 80's. He was very notorious in Benin, and anytime the police appeared at his hideout he dissappeared. But we later came to find out after he was caught that the police were helping him dissappear. Men, that time if you dey travel to the east by road, na serious prayer u go pray because Anini na day time di bobo dey operate.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by 5p1naz(m): 1:04am On Feb 18, 2009
but seriously, if he was caught, then where is he?
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by yarodin: 1:57am On Feb 18, 2009
I don't know how true, but I heard Shina Rambo was killed during a shootout with the police. I believe this was sometime around 92, 93.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by RichyBlacK(m): 2:19am On Feb 18, 2009
yarodin:

I believe Anini was around the mid 80's. He was very notorious in Benin, and anytime the police appeared at his hideout he dissappeared. But we later came to find out after he was caught that the police were helping him dissappear. Men, that time if you dey travel to the east by road, na serious prayer u go pray because Anini na day time di bobo dey operate.

Then, people claimed he used "juju to disappear". Nigerians and their love for juju!
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by comfort3: 2:44am On Feb 18, 2009
add Clifford oriji the cannibal. wink
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by TOYOSI20(f): 2:50am On Feb 18, 2009
Not trying to sound cruel or crass,. . . . . . . . . . but i hope to God this monster is extinct sha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by dayokanu(m): 2:53am On Feb 18, 2009
I thought it was Monday Osunbor- Anini's partner who did the reverse schitzo on Lagos-Ibadan
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by comfort3: 2:55am On Feb 18, 2009
@topic -----------Shina Rambo The Notorious. wink
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by 5p1naz(m): 3:58am On Feb 18, 2009
dayokanu:

I thought it was Monday Osunbor- Anini's partner who did the reverse schitzo on Lagos-Ibadan

different stories my brother, different stiries oooooooooooo
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 18, 2009
1. Anini was the most notorious armed robber nigeria had ever had. He operated in the benin axis in the 80's and was known for his penchant for shooting policemen at sight. Anini later confessed that it was the police drove him into robbery because they killed his brother in a police cell after paying a huge ammount of money the police asked him to pay to secure his release. After the death of his brother, he declared a war on the NPF and banks.
The police was not able to arrest Anini easily because he operated like Robin Hood; he robbed only the banks and whenever he is on the run from the police, he will spray the money for market women. He was more like a celebrity cos the masses felt someone had finally had the guts to comfront the corrupt police squarely. 
He also had a fiercely looking partner and driver by name monday osumbor. Osumbor could have passed for an FI driver. He boasted of how he usually manourvered the germen made machine; Santana or Passat.
Anini predicted the day he will be caught and on that day, he surrendered to the police and was later executed along with his gang by firing squad.

2. Shina Rambo was a notorious armed robber in the early 90's. He operated in the western part of nigeria. He was feared by the police due to how he wears his ammunitions like Sylvester Stallon's Rambo. He was also known to have a female driver with the skills of an F1 driver.
The police later claimed to have shot him.

3. Derico: This young man was the third most notorious armed robber in nigeria. He operated in the late 90's with a motorbike called "highjack". When he's not robbing, he would cruise around with his fleets of SUVs; his favorite was a white lincolm navigator. He was very young and had a large gang in onitsha. He later ran off to Abuja when the then governor of Anambra state introduced the fierce and diabolical vigilante group by name Bakasi.
The young man was later caught and slaughtered by the same bakasi. His affluent lifestyle betrayed him.
NollywooD made a movie about him; ISSAKABA.

4. Moh'd Tijani: Originally from niger but operated along the cotonu/seme border. He robbed traders and was good in smuggling cars. He yeilded much power because it was alleged that he had connections with some nigerian top officials. He was later arrested, his case is still pending cos of his connections.

5. Obiaju; otokoto's son: Was also notorious around owerri but was later caught with his gang and executed publicly by firing squad.

1 Like

Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by spikedcylinder: 3:22pm On Feb 18, 2009
Nawa o Nuzo, you sabi them sha. tongue
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Gamine(f): 9:00pm On Feb 18, 2009
AAAH!! shocked

LOL. . .i never knew this person was real

i just remember in primary school, we used to draw rambo and shina rambo

rotflmao!! grin

they used to tease me with Anini tho sad
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Mamajama(m): 9:04pm On Feb 18, 2009
Shina Rambo ko, this is all myth. the only notorious robber in Nigeria was Lawrence ANINI, and he was eradicated like a headless chicken
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by comfort3: 9:12pm On Feb 18, 2009
shina Rambo was a notorious  robber . shocked shocked undecided
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by asha80(m): 9:19pm On Feb 18, 2009
Obiaju; otokoto's son: Was also notorious around owerri but was later caught with his gang and executed publicly by firing squad.

It is actually Obidiozo
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by comfort3: 9:36pm On Feb 18, 2009
Shina Rambo was a bandit who terrorised South-West Nigeria in the 1990s. -Wikipedia
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by comfort3: 9:40pm On Feb 18, 2009
add Ade Bendel. grin
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Nobody: 3:53am On Feb 19, 2009
*comfort:

add Ade Bendel. grin

I thought Ade Bendel was in Anini's gang?
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by davidif: 4:18am On Feb 19, 2009
@spikedcylinder
you probably mean Anini.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by deor03(m): 7:52am On Feb 19, 2009
nuzo:

I thought Ade Bendel was in Anini's gang?

Ade Bendel was not an armed robber. He is/was a 419 kingpin.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 19, 2009
deor03:

Ade Bendel was not an armed robber. He is/was a 419 kingpin.

yea, now i remenber. . . . even the talentless idris abdulkarim praised him in one of his songs.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by 5p1naz(m): 5:16pm On Feb 26, 2009
are u a police officer nuzo?
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by 5p1naz(m): 5:18pm On Feb 26, 2009
are u a police officer nuzo?
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 26, 2009
Nope, but anybody who lived through the 80s and 90s would know these criminals. They were household names, just like how you hear of OBJ and Ibori these days. tongue

1 Like

Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Sauron1: 5:26pm On Feb 26, 2009
nuzo:

Nope, but anybody who lived through the 80s and 90s would know these criminals. They were household names, just like how you hear of OBJ and Ibori these days. tongue

What about De Rico in the East?? I heard he was more notorious than Anini and Oyenusi.
After Bakassi boys killed De Rico, his gang members went to the village De Rico was apprehended and shot 27 women n children DEAD!!!
Urban legend or not. . . . .someone needs to do a movie on these villains.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Brothers Strangle Father To Death In Kano / Nigerian Arrested For Forging Ghana Chief Of Staff’s Signature (PICT / Man Attempts To Rape 110-Year-Old Woman In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.