Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,995 members, 7,835,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Bauchi Gov Freezes Govt Accounts, Slashes Own Salary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi Gov Freezes Govt Accounts, Slashes Own Salary (762 Views)

El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN / Gov. Ikpeazu Cuts Own Salary, Travelling Allowance By 50% / Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bauchi Gov Freezes Govt Accounts, Slashes Own Salary by Elslim: 7:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
The Bauchi State Governor, Mohammed Abubakar, has directed that all the state government accounts be frozen.

Abubakar has also reduced his salary and that of his deputy by 50 per cent.%.

The governor, who stated this on Monday in his maiden statewide broadcast to the people of Bauchi, pronounced the dissolution of boards of government parastatals, except those of statutory organs.

Abubakar added, “Let me use this opportunity to announce that all government accounts in every bank are hereby frozen. Similarly, all pending financial transactions and institutions and instruments are hereby suspended.

“However, MDAs that are charged with essential services may and can formally apply for waiver from my office.

“I wish to also, formally announce the dissolution of all local government caretaker committees with immediate effect. The respective administrators are directed to hand over all affairs to their Heads of Personnel.”

He added that all resignations from the services of the state government had been suspended.

“As a mark of leadership by example, I hereby offer to reduce the salary to be earned by the Deputy Governor and myself by 50 per cent.

“This is our promise to the people of Bauchi State. This is the bond for which we shall be held to account. This is the commencement of the many years of greatness that await our dear state. This is the path on which we require your fervent prayers, support and contributions,” he said.

Abubakar, who used the occasion to roll-out some of his plans to reposition the state, said he would, in collaboration with a commercial bank, conduct a forensic audit and biometric exercise of all personnel on the payroll of the state to curtail indolence and ghost workers syndrome.

He said, “And to the national monster of corruption with impunity, I wish to categorically state that we will leave no
stone unturned in our resolve to ensuring that every public fund, and indeed property, frittered, away shall be recovered and returned back into the coffers of Bauchi State.

“There shall be no sacred cows in the dealings of this administration when and where sanctions become necessary.”

“We are very much conscious that all these and everything will depend on the overall security situation of our dear state.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/bauchi-gov-freezes-govt-accounts-slashes-own-salary/
Re: Bauchi Gov Freezes Govt Accounts, Slashes Own Salary by Elslim: 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2015
salary slashing is gaining momentum. kudus
Re: Bauchi Gov Freezes Govt Accounts, Slashes Own Salary by shamsuRana(m): 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2015
I de come back sharppply.. Make i piss.
Re: Bauchi Gov Freezes Govt Accounts, Slashes Own Salary by moremuch1(m): 8:02pm On Jun 02, 2015
Change is here grin
Re: Bauchi Gov Freezes Govt Accounts, Slashes Own Salary by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
And someone is creating 'ministry of religion'

nice one smiley
Re: Bauchi Gov Freezes Govt Accounts, Slashes Own Salary by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2015
it is unfortunate that nigerians will celebrate kangaroo decisions like this. So does it mean by a simple degree the governor can single handedly decrease or increase his own pay at his own will without going thru the state house of assembly? If this is true, it is a sign of danger for nigerians. post-buhari govts will increase it back gradually without announcing it on media. These cuts are being announced to get cheap popularity, they didnt announce it when they fixed their initial pay and they may nt announce it when reviewing it upwards. I think we need to strip politicians off the power of single handedly deciding their salary
Re: Bauchi Gov Freezes Govt Accounts, Slashes Own Salary by Psittacus(m): 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2015
Governor in action, president still booting from the swearing in hangover... Beware
Re: Bauchi Gov Freezes Govt Accounts, Slashes Own Salary by Elslim: 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

nice one smiley

nna for where nah??
Re: Bauchi Gov Freezes Govt Accounts, Slashes Own Salary by Jlow2: 8:12pm On Jun 02, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

nice one smiley
ebonyi and there backwardness.
Re: Bauchi Gov Freezes Govt Accounts, Slashes Own Salary by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: Bauchi Gov Freezes Govt Accounts, Slashes Own Salary by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2015
Jlow2:
ebonyi and there backwardness.

Its sad.....I think Nigeria as a whole has always been unlucky when it comes to having leaders

(1) (Reply)

Abike Dabiri-Erewa’s Bills Were Successful / 68 People Found In Shipping Container At UK Port / Edo Stowaway Boy To Drop Out Over Oshiomole’s Refusal To Pay School Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.